toobad4u

Hendersonville, TN

#22 Sep 5, 2010
I applied there for a job last year. I went in with excellent references, and interviewed. I was sent a "rejection" letter, which said Comcare DID NOT have to give a reason why I was rejected.

Screw them!! At this time I have the best job I've ever had.

After reading some of these comments, I may have had the initial interview with one of the people who others speak negative about on this forum.

Thank you to the interviewer for turning me down for the job. You suck!!
BMH

Brentwood, TN

#23 Sep 15, 2010
I recently gave notice of resignation at Comcare. Followed policy, gave a written 2 week notice. I've been a good employee there. Never call in, try to stay out of trouble, Go above and beyond my Job discription. Well during my 2 week notice, I had to have a medical procedure that was unplanned and out of my control. I called in that day, but oops called the wrong person. So basicly they let me go for NOT calling in. This was one day before I had completed my notice. Not to mention during my notice, I worked on my day off to help them!!!! Um sounds to me like they don't want to pay me for the vacation and holiday time I've earned. I've heard they have done this to several people. I wish I had just walked out, because I gained nothing by giving a notice. Who knows what they will say if someone calls there for reference, and my benefits are down the drain. I hope someday they get whats coming to them. I personally don't know how upper management lays their head down and sleeps at night. Oh well, I'm moving on to where people care, and pay much better. My advise is if you have any other options, Do not work at Comcare. They expect a WHOLE LOT for VERY LITTLE
Melissa

Madison, TN

#24 Sep 15, 2010
FYI....you CAN fight this and win! Been there with them and done that! Go do it so they can be SHOWN that they are not GOD!
BMH

Brentwood, TN

#25 Sep 16, 2010
Melissa wrote:
FYI....you CAN fight this and win! Been there with them and done that! Go do it so they can be SHOWN that they are not GOD!
What did you do? I called the Labor Board, who advised although it is not right, It is not Illegal! So how did you fight it? Thanks
melissa

Waterloo, Canada

#26 Sep 16, 2010
BMH wrote:
<quoted text>
What did you do? I called the Labor Board, who advised although it is not right, It is not Illegal! So how did you fight it? Thanks
. Yep, in the state of TN you can be fired just because they don't like your looks basically. It is not right. But anyway, some background on my situation... I was weekend supervisor, but had mgmt meeting on both Mon and Tues, sometimes had Wed off, had career development classes on Thur and almost anytime I was called to take clients to Dr visits, work in the homes or day program, or come in and assist with clients when Dr. B was coming in, I did so. I attended classes at GVDC so I could do some medical things, I forget now exactly what those forms were called. Point being, I did all this because I loved my job, my clients and my staff was wonderful. I was written up 1 time for not attending a mgmt meeting, due to being sick, and that was all. Being a supervisor, you are expect
ed to have your company issued cell phone on at ALL times....this was stressed constantly by Nancy T and Dr J. I took the weekend awake supervisor position eventually.....still had to keep my phone on at all times in case I was needed even thru the week. At different hrs in the middle of the night, I was getting random text from some woman I did not know. I did not have text, so I was having to pay for these texts. I asked her a few times to stop because I didn't know her n didn't want her forwards. It got to the point that I called her, to tell her to stop. I left her 2 voicemails because she never answered. I told her that I worked weekend third shift, but since I have kids, I slept the normal sleep hrs during the week so stop texting stuff. At 3am on a wed morning, she sent me a text saying to get a life. So, being the person that was woken up and pissed, I texted back F you Bi*ch. Well, next thing I know I am getting a call from Herb Rupert wanting my phone and a meeting. I did take it in, answered his questions and admitted to sending said words. Nancy T fired me because she said I couldn't work in the field with a bad mouth and saying such things to the public. Not being a supervisor. I explaned why I did it, how long I had asked this woman to stop. That did not matter. I was fired right then. I too called the labor board and unemployment office. I spoke to and filed a complaint with the labor board and I drew unemployment for awhile. That all happened in Oct 2007. I had asked in Aug to go back to support staff due to going to start back to school in Oct. I was told no, once in supervisor position you can't go back. That was a lie because I can name 2 people that did so. Didn't matter though, then that is when these text started. Yes, I believe I was set up to get fired because Comcare had NOTHING on me to fire me for otherwise. I explained all that to both labor board and unemployment. Nancy and Comcares attorney, Mr Cave tried to fight it, but was told they were in the wrong. Anyway, please do what you need to do to win. Good luck with it and DO NOT let Nancy or her dang threatening looks, voice and letters intimidate you.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#27 Sep 16, 2010
melissa wrote:
<quoted text>. Yep, in the state of TN you can be fired just because they don't like your looks basically. It is not right. But anyway, some background on my situation... I was weekend supervisor, but had mgmt meeting on both Mon and Tues, sometimes had Wed off, had career development classes on Thur and almost anytime I was called to take clients to Dr visits, work in the homes or day program, or come in and assist with clients when Dr. B was coming in, I did so. I attended classes at GVDC so I could do some medical things, I forget now exactly what those forms were called. Point being, I did all this because I loved my job, my clients and my staff was wonderful. I was written up 1 time for not attending a mgmt meeting, due to being sick, and that was all. Being a supervisor, you are expect
ed to have your company issued cell phone on at ALL times....this was stressed constantly by Nancy T and Dr J. I took the weekend awake supervisor position eventually.....still had to keep my phone on at all times in case I was needed even thru the week. At different hrs in the middle of the night, I was getting random text from some woman I did not know. I did not have text, so I was having to pay for these texts. I asked her a few times to stop because I didn't know her n didn't want her forwards. It got to the point that I called her, to tell her to stop. I left her 2 voicemails because she never answered. I told her that I worked weekend third shift, but since I have kids, I slept the normal sleep hrs during the week so stop texting stuff. At 3am on a wed morning, she sent me a text saying to get a life. So, being the person that was woken up and pissed, I texted back F you Bi*ch. Well, next thing I know I am getting a call from Herb Rupert wanting my phone and a meeting. I did take it in, answered his questions and admitted to sending said words. Nancy T fired me because she said I couldn't work in the field with a bad mouth and saying such things to the public. Not being a supervisor. I explaned why I did it, how long I had asked this woman to stop. That did not matter. I was fired right then. I too called the labor board and unemployment office. I spoke to and filed a complaint with the labor board and I drew unemployment for awhile. That all happened in Oct 2007. I had asked in Aug to go back to support staff due to going to start back to school in Oct. I was told no, once in supervisor position you can't go back. That was a lie because I can name 2 people that did so. Didn't matter though, then that is when these text started. Yes, I believe I was set up to get fired because Comcare had NOTHING on me to fire me for otherwise. I explained all that to both labor board and unemployment. Nancy and Comcares attorney, Mr Cave tried to fight it, but was told they were in the wrong. Anyway, please do what you need to do to win. Good luck with it and DO NOT let Nancy or her dang threatening looks, voice and letters intimidate you.
is Comcare's attorney is cave law firm?
BMH

Brentwood, TN

#28 Sep 16, 2010
Trust me, Nothing about Nancy T intimidates me! I'm sorry to hear about what happened to you. From what I'm hearing the issue is bigger than Comcare, maybe the Labor Laws need to be changed. Thanks for all your input Melissa. I'm sure you are much better off now. As an LPN I'm sure not cryin over it, my options are endless!! I'm putting all this out there, so people are informed. People that work there know, hopefully the people looking for employement will look elsewhere
melissa

Warwick, RI

#29 Sep 16, 2010
Oh that is why I did not care to say all either! Lots more can be learned from past employees too. I just hate that the clients suffer from all of it. As for their attorney Brooke, that is where all the letters I received were from. Oh, try home health agencies for a nursing position, that is where I am now and love it!
sunnyside girl

United States

#30 Sep 17, 2010
I saw Jana Thomas as Wal Mart a few weeks ago and she gave me hateful looks. I started to ask her if she would like to take it outside.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#31 Sep 17, 2010
melissa wrote:
Oh that is why I did not care to say all either! Lots more can be learned from past employees too. I just hate that the clients suffer from all of it. As for their attorney Brooke, that is where all the letters I received were from. Oh, try home health agencies for a nursing position, that is where I am now and love it!
Who was ur attorney?
melissa

Waterloo, Canada

#32 Sep 17, 2010
Brooke, do you work @ comcare? I was just wondering....but I did not hire an attorney. I researched what I needed to, and spoke to who I needed to myself. Other than the deposition which was held over a speaker phone conference call, with Nancy and Mr Cave, myself and the State of TN Employment persons. That was the only contact that I had with an attorney. Why do you ask?

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#33 Sep 17, 2010
melissa wrote:
Brooke, do you work @ comcare? I was just wondering....but I did not hire an attorney. I researched what I needed to, and spoke to who I needed to myself. Other than the deposition which was held over a speaker phone conference call, with Nancy and Mr Cave, myself and the State of TN Employment persons. That was the only contact that I had with an attorney. Why do you ask?
No i did work at comcare i was 5 months pregnant and was hurt by a client and my doctor put me on light duty work and they said i did not meet job requirements and they fired me. I hired an attorney to sue them and i hired Cave as my attorney which is probably why he did nothing to help me
melissa

Madison, TN

#34 Sep 17, 2010
ahhh, ok, I understand now! Yep, but it looks like he could have told you it would be a conflict of interest or something. Gosh, I heard so so so many times when a staff was put on light duty that there was no "light duty" work for them. You had x amount of days, I think it was like maybe 7 (?) to be off for an injury then you were to come back full ready to work or fired. That was/is their way I suppose. BTY.....I just asked Summer was this you and she said yes....I told her to call you :)
tired

United States

#35 Sep 17, 2010
Brooke Crawford wrote:
<quoted text>
No i did work at comcare i was 5 months pregnant and was hurt by a client and my doctor put me on light duty work and they said i did not meet job requirements and they fired me. I hired an attorney to sue them and i hired Cave as my attorney which is probably why he did nothing to help me
I think I heard about you but not that you got fired. Was it a female client?

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#36 Sep 17, 2010
tired wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I heard about you but not that you got fired. Was it a female client?
yes

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#37 Sep 17, 2010
melissa wrote:
ahhh, ok, I understand now! Yep, but it looks like he could have told you it would be a conflict of interest or something. Gosh, I heard so so so many times when a staff was put on light duty that there was no "light duty" work for them. You had x amount of days, I think it was like maybe 7 (?) to be off for an injury then you were to come back full ready to work or fired. That was/is their way I suppose. BTY.....I just asked Summer was this you and she said yes....I told her to call you :)
Yea she told me lol.
tired

United States

#38 Sep 17, 2010
Brooke Crawford wrote:
<quoted text>
yes
yeah I heard cause they hired a pregnant girl in that house so staff was warning her.
fallsboy

Brentwood, TN

#39 Sep 17, 2010
i worked there for 1 week and was told if i told anyone that i had previously retired from the sheriffs dept i would be fired on the stop. dont know why but i did observe while there that they spend the patients money like the gov does, i went to work oneday and they went shopping with this mans money because they didnt spend enough that month and would loose money from the next months budget if they didnt spend so much. they sent employee to walmart that night and bought a new surround sound system for 750 dollars when the one they had was a sony system and was only 1 year old, the head of the house took they old system home. i also saw where they used 1 patients money to buy furniture for another group house as a gift from the patient just to spend money, the patient was in lala land and couldnt even talk let alone tell someone to spend his money on another group house for furniture. these people do everything they can to rob from the tax payers when they should try to save money while giving good care, i think they just spend money to line the pockets of the directors who run the company and corleys pharmacy, if they would shop around for drugs they could save us all alot of money
BMH

Brentwood, TN

#40 Sep 18, 2010
About the "Spend Downs"...They claim that the clients will lose their benefits and placement at Comcare if they have too much money in their bank account. So they go out an quickly spend what is needed to stay within what they are allowed to have. I'm not saying it's right, just saying that's what happens. As bad as I dislike Comcare, unfortunately I think some of it comes from the State. Although it may come from accounting at Comcare...Really unsure. I just had a tiny glimps into the funds part of the deal. Comcare doesn't want you to know how the money is spent and why. Those clients need and deserve govenment help, but somtimes I am concerned about how it's spent. Someone in my family recently had to take oatmeal in for them to have for breakfast because there was no food in the house. Half of them don't have the clothes they need. Oh but when the annual picnic or other public outings are comimg up, They shine 'em up good so they have a good image. Don't be fooled. Most of the time the look homeless!
sunnyside girl

Swansea, SC

#41 Sep 18, 2010
BMH wrote:
About the "Spend Downs"...They claim that the clients will lose their benefits and placement at Comcare if they have too much money in their bank account. So they go out an quickly spend what is needed to stay within what they are allowed to have. I'm not saying it's right, just saying that's what happens. As bad as I dislike Comcare, unfortunately I think some of it comes from the State. Although it may come from accounting at Comcare...Really unsure. I just had a tiny glimps into the funds part of the deal. Comcare doesn't want you to know how the money is spent and why. Those clients need and deserve govenment help, but somtimes I am concerned about how it's spent. Someone in my family recently had to take oatmeal in for them to have for breakfast because there was no food in the house. Half of them don't have the clothes they need. Oh but when the annual picnic or other public outings are comimg up, They shine 'em up good so they have a good image. Don't be fooled. Most of the time the look homeless!
When the state people come around they really put on the dog, making sure the clients' mouths are wiped, etc. One day during a staff meeting Nancy Wallin said to make sure we keep food wiped off the clients' mouths after they eat and not let them walk around with it. Do you know why we had to do this? Nancy said that if the state people walked in and saw it we would be in trouble. True, they need to look presentable whether the state is there or not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bed Bugs infested at Lambs trailer Park 7 min Nasty 7
Bubba confused 27 min The Candy Man Can 4
Few names on DTF list working for them 32 min Wtf 20
Greenevile High School Setting Bad Precedent 2 hr punctuation please 35
Kanye West Loves President Trump 3 hr Alicia 3
Sheriff election 4 hr Hagan 2
Jeff Murray Drug dealer 5 hr Thanks a lot Trump 5

Greeneville Jobs

Personal Finance

Greeneville Mortgages