Worried

Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

I know it's probably over with now, but I'm sure they'll do it again.
So how does this work?

If they suspect you are under the influence, they're going to give you a blood test right then and there?

I'm mean can a trooper draw blood? They're not doctors. What about HIV being spread around? I don't use needles on myself, I sure ain't going to let some cop stick me with a needle. Sounds like some constitutional rights are being abused. Time to breakout the lawsuits.
anthony

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

no they take you to the er and you give blood there then you go to jail to bail out and wait to see just how drunk you were.*then you lose your job and pay very hi car insurance if you payed your lawyer enough to ge restricted liscence.*its not wort all that
Worried

Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

I think they should give "Drinking Drivers" a certain time that they can drive home without being harassed. Say you've been drinking and you have to drive home, then between 3 & 4am you can drive home.

If non-drinkers are worried, then stay off the roads between that time and your safe. If a drunk driver wrecks and kills himself that was his choice to drive and most of the hypocrite people in this town would be happier anyways.

“Read all about it!”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

How about you keep your drunk ass off of the road?
Just a thought

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Then how's he going to get home?
stay home

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

stay home you don't have nothing to worry about... Don't you drunks feel great today
Whatever

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Worried wrote:
I think they should give "Drinking Drivers" a certain time that they can drive home without being harassed. Say you've been drinking and you have to drive home, then between 3 & 4am you can drive home.
If non-drinkers are worried, then stay off the roads between that time and your safe. If a drunk driver wrecks and kills himself that was his choice to drive and most of the hypocrite people in this town would be happier anyways.
What if they run through my house and kill me while I'm sleeping? That happens.

“I've Always Been This Stupid”

Since: May 12

Greeneville TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

I'd like to get a no refusal law put into effect for our bedroom. I tell her she's just going to feel a little prick but she still says no.
country boy

Bishopville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Your a stupid SOB..or do you even know what that stands for.

“I've Always Been This Stupid”

Since: May 12

Greeneville TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

country boy wrote:
Your a stupid SOB..or do you even know what that stands for.
I'm familiar with the term. Those are my initials. It's like my parents knew.
scrounger

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Worried wrote:
Why dont we just have the law go in front of you and make sure the roads are clear???? You cant be stupid enuf to honestly think this way.I never understood why they tell everybody on the news where the check point are gonna be,seems counterproductive.

“When in doubt, mumble.”

Since: Oct 12

Elizabethton, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Communists are slowly chipping away at our freedoms every chance they get. The 5th amendment clearly says you can not be forced to incriminate yourself. They already had a law that says if you refused to take a test, then you are guilty by refusal. You get the same punishment as if you pled guilty. So why do we need this law that forces you to give up your blood, thus incriminating yourself against your will if you do not consent? Somewhere down the road I see a civil rights lawyer getting a lot of money out of the state. That means as a taxpayer, it comes out of my pocket.
scrounger

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

stinkinfish wrote:
So why do we need this law that forces you to give up your blood,thus incriminating yourself against your will if you do not consent?
The conspiracy theorist in me would say they are usin it as another way of stocking their DNA bank.Just sayin.

“Res Ispa Loquitur”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

stinkinfish wrote:
Communists are slowly chipping away at our freedoms every chance they get. The 5th amendment clearly says you can not be forced to incriminate yourself. They already had a law that says if you refused to take a test, then you are guilty by refusal. You get the same punishment as if you pled guilty. So why do we need this law that forces you to give up your blood, thus incriminating yourself against your will if you do not consent? Somewhere down the road I see a civil rights lawyer getting a lot of money out of the state. That means as a taxpayer, it comes out of my pocket.
There has never been a law that made you "guilty by refusal". If you refused to take the test, you could be found guilty of violation of implied consent. This is completely independant of the DUI. Not that I completely support it, but I think that the intent of this law is to balance the "rights" of those drinking and driving versus those motorists who are not under the influence. If you have a Tennessee driver's license, then you have already given consent to submit to tests for impairment while operating a vehicle. The general idea appears to be deterence. I'm not certain how you paying taxes leaves you subject to pay for a civil rights lawyer unless you are directly involved in the case.
Me too

Snow Camp, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

I have a needle phobia, that's a medical condition. so technically they can't force me to give blood or I can sue the crap out of them.
kohlrabi

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Me too wrote:
I have a needle phobia, that's a medical condition. so technically they can't force me to give blood or I can sue the crap out of them.
Quite a fantasy--let topix know what happens when you have your inevitable encounter with law enforcement and the courts.
Lmao

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Probably will be some state troopers missing some front teeth
kohlrabi

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Lmao wrote:
Another fantasy-world dweller chimes in!

“When in doubt, mumble.”

Since: Oct 12

Elizabethton, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

There has never been a law that made you "guilty by refusal" How dumb can you be? Obamacare is one such law. Refuse to buy it and see what they will come down on you with.
scrounger

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Lmao wrote:
yeah and will probably be just as many on the end of a taser.It cracks my a$$ up to see somebody that think their a bada$$ get owned by a taser.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of22
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

89 Users are viewing the Greeneville Forum right now

Search the Greeneville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 3 min WTSenior 138,718
what happen to nichole williams 14 min gross 10
heather dupree 19 min running 18
Kevin King (Feb '12) 36 min Know 6
suicide on viking mountain 46 min Robert 17
Who has to b payed in ur church? 52 min Wow 3
Smoking - Satan's Favorite Habit For You 1 hr Matt Decker 13
did Brian Crawford die?? 1 hr Greeneville Girl 39
My favorite Greeneville Topix poster is 1 hr _Word Woman_ 847
•••
•••
•••
•••