First Prev
of 3
Next Last
lunatics

Greeneville, TN

#44 Jul 9, 2013
If you really do want to start a church here that is not filled with hatred, I wish you the best.

There are lots of folks in Greeneville who are not backwards and ignorant but we are the minority here.

God bless, Pastor Dave. And if you do build your church be careful some of these inbred losers might try to burn it down.
to hot to handle

Johnson City, TN

#46 Jul 9, 2013
twist it all you want, the bible says that homosexualty is wrong!! and is worthy of death, go back to Canada and save yourself a lot of trouble, better yet give your hart to god ask him to forgive you of your wicked ways to take the sin from your life jesus loves you but if you do not change you will burn in hell for ever more..
Pastor Dave

Greeneville, TN

#47 Jul 9, 2013
What makes you think it is wrong? You can't quote Leviticus unless you yourself live by Levitical law since Jesus himself said that you need to not worry about the speck in your brother's eye when you have a plank in your own.

With the bigotry there is in the world, I would not wish being homosexual on anyone. This shows that people don't just choose homosexuality. I can't choose who I love. I wanted to love women in my younger days. There was just no attraction.
Hmm

Jonesborough, TN

#50 Jul 9, 2013
Pastor Dave wrote:
What makes you think it is wrong? You can't quote Leviticus unless you yourself live by Levitical law since Jesus himself said that you need to not worry about the speck in your brother's eye when you have a plank in your own.
With the bigotry there is in the world, I would not wish being homosexual on anyone. This shows that people don't just choose homosexuality. I can't choose who I love. I wanted to love women in my younger days. There was just no attraction.
I think you are wrong. I fall in love every day. Apparently the girls I fall in love with keeping choosing to ignore me. So we must all have a choice.
bible thumper

Charlotte, NC

#51 Jul 9, 2013
Hmm wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are wrong. I fall in love every day. Apparently the girls I fall in love with keeping choosing to ignore me. So we must all have a choice.
Lol....you made my day!...yes we all have choices..main one do i live right and go to heaven or do i become gay and go to hell?... if you like it hot by all means choose gay

“I'M BACK.......SPORA DICALLY”

Since: Jun 12

BUFFALO, NY

#52 Jul 9, 2013
Pastor Dave wrote:
I am not looking to upset people. I simply want to outreach to others who don't feel comfortable in the traditional church setting.
Then why post a detailed description of your alleged church proposition, beliefs, and personal relationships on Topix?
Glad

Jonesborough, TN

#53 Jul 9, 2013
I will be much in prayer for you. Do us all a favor and stay in Canada. Greeneville has enough problems. On second thought, come on down. Maybe your efforts will encourage people to get it together enough to make you realize there is no place here for such a "church." Maybe while folks are doing that, they'll remember who they are, what they were meant to do and turn their lives around. So please, grace us with your presence. I still believe in miricals. It will not take a mirical to send you back where you came from. You will be in my prayers.
Inbred Idiots

Knoxville, TN

#55 Jul 10, 2013
Why do you people keep feeding this troll?? There is no Pastor Dave from Canada who is coming here to open a gay church!! Who in their right mind would believe that someone who has never been to Greeneville would be asking on topix where he should open a gay church?!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#56 Jul 10, 2013
What about pastor I. R. Topix? He should start a topix church!
Hmm

Nashville, TN

#57 Jul 10, 2013
SenorVargas wrote:
queers sux
You think!
Concerned

Kingsport, TN

#58 Jul 12, 2013
First of all I must say I don't believe the way this so called preacher feels. I don't feel he can be a man of God to believe this way. I feel if anyone sells him land to build such a building that he would call a church,would be in the wrong, we sure don't need that around us. When you face judgement you'll have to answer to all these wrong doing. God hates sin and this is one of them, he loves the sinners but he wants us to read out Bible and get that understanding of right and wrong. So people it's time to take a stand for Christ, the one who suffered for each of us, and now people are turning their back on him, it's time to wake up an serve him. We all need to be praying for people that believe like this, let God have his way in your life and serve him like the Bible speaks of.
theangryguy

Greeneville, TN

#59 Jul 13, 2013
Pastor Dave wrote:
I am Pastor Dave. I am looking for a vacant building to convert into a church. I am originally from Canada. I do not know much about the area, but the church I am from in Canada asked me to come to this area to start a new church. It will be non-denominational though we hold to many Lutheran ideals.
My husband and I (yes, I am gay) will be co-ministers.
This church will be an outreach to the gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgendered community though straights will be welcomed as well.
We will teach about how accepting Christ was. We will show that many in the Bible were openly homosexual and it was not condemned. Look at David and Jonathan. Even John was the disciple whom was loved. Ruth and Naomi lived in a lesbian relationship.
We just need the vacant building and we trust God will provide the resources to obtain it.
THAT'S JUST GREAT, ANOTHER CHURCH TO OPEN UP JUST TO TAKE MORE MONEY OFF THE POOR PERSON BECAUSE PEOPLE LIKE YOU WANT TO TELL THEM THERE IS A GOD! THAT IS JUST A LAME EXCUSE TO USE TO KEEP THE POOR AND HOPELESS BELIEVING THAT GOOD WILL COME THEIR WAY! CHURCHES DON'T HELP THE NEEDY, YOUR JUST ASKING FOR SOMEONE ELSE TO PAY FOR YOUR BILLS AND UPKEEP!
Hmm

Jonesborough, TN

#60 Jul 13, 2013
theangryguy wrote:
<quoted text>
THAT'S JUST GREAT, ANOTHER CHURCH TO OPEN UP JUST TO TAKE MORE MONEY OFF THE POOR PERSON BECAUSE PEOPLE LIKE YOU WANT TO TELL THEM THERE IS A GOD! THAT IS JUST A LAME EXCUSE TO USE TO KEEP THE POOR AND HOPELESS BELIEVING THAT GOOD WILL COME THEIR WAY! CHURCHES DON'T HELP THE NEEDY, YOUR JUST ASKING FOR SOMEONE ELSE TO PAY FOR YOUR BILLS AND UPKEEP!
Our church does. We have a food bank and a clothes closet. We open it one day a week. Besides happiness, if there is anything else you need, just look us up.
Concerned

Kingsport, TN

#61 Jul 13, 2013
It's hard for me to believe that there are people who don't believe in God, how many of these people will call on him when they're suffering. No better friend to turn to at any time day or night, one that is always there to help us through all kinds of needs, sickness,problems, etc he's always there for us. We all need to be prayng for our nation to turn back to God.

“I'M BACK.......SPORA DICALLY”

Since: Jun 12

BUFFALO, NY

#62 Jul 14, 2013
Concerned wrote:
It's hard for me to believe that there are people who don't believe in God, how many of these people will call on him when they're suffering. No better friend to turn to at any time day or night, one that is always there to help us through all kinds of needs, sickness,problems, etc he's always there for us. We all need to be prayng for our nation to turn back to God.
Correct me if I am in error, but after reviewing this thread, the main issue is not a belief in God but the stated specific congregation that supposedly will be the focus of the attraction to the 'church.'
theangryguy

Johnson City, TN

#63 Jul 14, 2013
Concerned wrote:
It's hard for me to believe that there are people who don't believe in God, how many of these people will call on him when they're suffering. No better friend to turn to at any time day or night, one that is always there to help us through all kinds of needs, sickness,problems, etc he's always there for us. We all need to be prayng for our nation to turn back to God.
HOW CAN ANYONE BELIEVE IN GOD WHEN THERE IS SO MUCH EVIL AND WRONG DOING GOING ON AND NOTHING IS BEING DONE ABOUT IT?! I WAS IN A VERY BAD SITUATION AND NEEDED HIM BADLY, WAS HE THERE,NO!
Ricky

Asheville, NC

#64 Jul 14, 2013
Do they have a good service for special ed ?
theangryguy

Jonesborough, TN

#65 Jul 14, 2013
TRUTH IS, I DO BELIEVE IN GOD. WE ALL NEED TO FALL ON OUR KNEES AND MAKE THINGS RIGHT.
Hmm

Jonesborough, TN

#66 Jul 14, 2013
theangryguy wrote:
TRUTH IS, I DO BELIEVE IN GOD. WE ALL NEED TO FALL ON OUR KNEES AND MAKE THINGS RIGHT.
You do, you don't. You confuse me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
South Greene High School 11 min Just sayin 27
live at the valley 34 min jjj 52
ymca 58 min Dr Wu 2
4 apply for school director 1 hr citizen 16
Lisa 1 hr Dr Wu 21
Scary drivers in Greeneville! 1 hr Dr Wu 11
Poll Ever been hit by a tornado? 1 hr Dr Wu 1
women with pretty eyes. (Jan '11) 4 hr knows both 70
More from around the web

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]