First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ralph

Jonesborough, TN

#1 Sep 1, 2014
I went through a county roadblock this weekend and received a ticket for $196.00 due to my tinted windows. Greene County deputies now have window tint meters they put on your window and it shows how dark its tinted. Mine was 20% and the state law they said is 35%. I now have to pay the ticket and take the tint off. Just beware if yours is illegal and don't get caught like I did. I guess I am paying their salaries.

“The doctor is in!”

Since: Jul 14

G'Vegas

#2 Sep 1, 2014
Their undercover sneaky assed cars they are using to pull over everyone going 2 miles over the speed limit on both ends are the 11E are tinted to the max though. Hypocrites

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#4 Sep 1, 2014
Mine are 2%. I always roll them down when the law is around. Plus I have commercial tags. There's always a way around it....ie; my windows won't roll up,fuse blown,switch bad, etc. Dark tint should be at the least of the polices attention around here.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#5 Sep 1, 2014
I heard from a very good source that Greeneville residents may as well strip that tint now! After a woman b!tched to the chief of police about a tint ticket she received, & demanded he do something about her ticket or make his crew have legal limit tint, he has ordered the officers to make sure their personal vehicles tint is legal.(I'm sure that means the unmarked cars they use too) He apparently told the officers to ticket everyone with illegal tint every time they can until it is removed or make legal. So get ready....those tickets are somewhere around $135 each time.
I have found out there are medical exemptions for dark tint..........gonna check on that!

Location hidden

#6 Sep 1, 2014
Melissa1333 wrote:
I heard from a very good source that Greeneville residents may as well strip that tint now! After a woman b!tched to the chief of police about a tint ticket she received, & demanded he do something about her ticket or make his crew have legal limit tint, he has ordered the officers to make sure their personal vehicles tint is legal.(I'm sure that means the unmarked cars they use too) He apparently told the officers to ticket everyone with illegal tint every time they can until it is removed or make legal. So get ready....those tickets are somewhere around $135 each time.
I have found out there are medical exemptions for dark tint..........gonna check on that!
And commercial license tags.

Location hidden

#7 Sep 1, 2014
Dixie iron fist wrote:
<quoted text>
And commercial license tags.
What does that matter? I mean if the reasoning that the tint has to be 'legal' is because they can't see who is in the car or what is happening in the car when they step up....why would driving a vehicle with a commercial tag make that driver any less apt to be a person with a gun or drugs?
DVM inspector

Germany

#8 Sep 1, 2014
I thought the tinting was to hide the broken windshields on these cars! I would think that would be more of a problem than tinting. Could you imagine if they had yearly inspections on these vehicles? There would be no more congested traffic on the by-pass if they did because the majority of the cars out there now would never pass!

Location hidden

#9 Sep 1, 2014
Melissa1333 wrote:
<quoted text>What does that matter? I mean if the reasoning that the tint has to be 'legal' is because they can't see who is in the car or what is happening in the car when they step up....why would driving a vehicle with a commercial tag make that driver any less apt to be a person with a gun or drugs?
It's supposed to "protect" or hide tools,etc. lol it works.
Voice of Reason

Elizabethton, TN

#10 Sep 1, 2014
Most all States have tinted window laws. How about obeying the law and stop whining? You crybabies.
Privacy limo backs

Jonesborough, TN

#11 Sep 1, 2014
The police do as they please they wanted tinted windows made illegal and it was done .
DVM inspector

Germany

#12 Sep 1, 2014
Not while the boombox is blaring, right?! Obviously it was intended for the point you have brought up as well as deflecting sun glare from frequent driving and has" metamorphed" to the thug community and therefore the problem that now exists.Would that be a correct assumption?
Voice of Reason

Elizabethton, TN

#13 Sep 1, 2014
Privacy limo backs wrote:
The police do as they please they wanted tinted windows made illegal and it was done .
So what? Go call your mommy.
Being seen

Jonesborough, TN

#14 Sep 1, 2014
Gov. Haslam limo has blacked out windows with a PILOT flags on the hood

Location hidden

#15 Sep 1, 2014
There are many of the police officers here whose private vehicles are blacked out. From what I heard, those are to be removed and have the same legal tint that citizens vehicles have. Whoever above mentioned the tint was first used to block the glare is correct. It also was used for protecting the interior of your vehicle. But sadly, there are those who have abused that and now it is what it is. As for the limo's that are blacked out here in TN....let's just wait and see what happens.

DIF.....you know the crazy thieves here don't care about those blacked out windows! If they even think there's a FREE tool in there, tint or not they will get it ;)
DEVIL sunshade

Jonesborough, TN

#16 Sep 1, 2014
The cops must see what your doing and if they need to shoot you they need a clear view of your head they and their needs come first .

Location hidden

#17 Sep 1, 2014
Melissa1333 wrote:
There are many of the police officers here whose private vehicles are blacked out. From what I heard, those are to be removed and have the same legal tint that citizens vehicles have. Whoever above mentioned the tint was first used to block the glare is correct. It also was used for protecting the interior of your vehicle. But sadly, there are those who have abused that and now it is what it is. As for the limo's that are blacked out here in TN....let's just wait and see what happens.

DIF.....you know the crazy thieves here don't care about those blacked out windows! If they even think there's a FREE tool in there, tint or not they will get it ;)
Right you are. Tint has been a issue that's been up and down for the past 25 years. I see no big deal about it. When I was a teenager a cop pulled over a car on the bypass and it had tinted windows (I don't know how dark) and the mans window handle was broke so he had a pair of pliers to roll it down with. The cop thought the man had a weapon and shot & killed the man right in front of his family.
thank wmt shoppers

Greeneville, TN

#18 Sep 1, 2014
Dixie iron fist wrote:
<quoted text>
Right you are. Tint has been a issue that's been up and down for the past 25 years. I see no big deal about it. When I was a teenager a cop pulled over a car on the bypass and it had tinted windows (I don't know how dark) and the mans window handle was broke so he had a pair of pliers to roll it down with. The cop thought the man had a weapon and shot & killed the man right in front of his family.
I believe that the man's name was Hurst, and he exited the car with the pliers in his hand. I was thinking that it was dark outside, and the officer saw something shiny in his hand, and mistook it for a gun.

Location hidden

#19 Sep 1, 2014
That's quite possible as it was a long time ago. 25+ years I'm thinking and the first big tint "crackdown" in Greene county lol.

“The doctor is in!”

Since: Jul 14

G'Vegas

#20 Sep 1, 2014
thank wmt shoppers wrote:
<quoted text>I believe that the man's name was Hurst, and he exited the car with the pliers in his hand. I was thinking that it was dark outside, and the officer saw something shiny in his hand, and mistook it for a gun.
So naturally the right thing to do was to make everyone pay the price because of a man with a shiny object and a trigger happy cop.
hello

Johnson City, TN

#21 Sep 1, 2014
Voice of Reason wrote:
Most all States have tinted window laws. How about obeying the law and stop whining? You crybabies.
Suck one pig

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Worst manager at Walmart dc 11 min Franklin 22
Proxies? 12 min z0neCrew 1
The Big Dig on East Church(near Towering Oaks) 17 min just say alimony 127
[Bible Study] Two creation stories 45 min z0neCrew 19
Where is Sheffy Hollow? (Sep '12) 51 min justuraveguy 21
Direct tv 1 hr Cut The Cord 3
***** last post wins ***** (Oct '14) 2 hr Trunketeer 1,863
Stephen Jennings 3 hr My opinion 25
Greene County commisioner charged with solicita... 14 hr citizen 106
tiptons 14 hr Karma 37