Hyperion ID Scanners at the door.......

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Doge

Knoxville, TN

#1 Dec 8, 2013
So I finally decided to make a visit to a local watering hole.
It seems they scan your ID/DL and it tells them name, DOB, Address, and a few other goodies.

OK I researched this and that unit stores 4000 scans and exports them out into an excel spreadsheet.

So they now have your personal information and can sell/use it as the deem they want. I am really uncomfortable with this in this day and age, much less in GREENEVILLE the most corrupt crooked town there is, I did not get a copy of their privacy policy to know whats done with my info. but I bet they sell it to, fingerhut, spam mailers, local collection agencies and of course law enforcement, and loan companies....list goes on and on, ASK what gets done with it next time you are there, I was overwhelmed and didn't find out till i got home and researched the machines, the store and export part alarmed me.

How hard is it to read an ID, I am sure the police department wanted that put in there and review records weekly to see if there is someone they can nab.

I think it needs to be taken out and read the ID's !!!!!
:)

Greeneville, TN

#2 Dec 8, 2013
Doge wrote:
It seems they scan your ID/DL and it tells them name, DOB, Address, and a few other goodies.

OK I researched this and that unit stores 4000 scans and exports them out into an excel spreadsheet.

So they now have your personal information and can sell/use it as the deem they want. I am really uncomfortable with this in this day and age, much less in GREENEVILLE the most corrupt crooked town there is, I did not get a copy of their privacy policy to know whats done with my info. but I bet they sell it to, fingerhut, spam mailers, local collection agencies and of course law enforcement, and loan companies....list goes on and on, ASK what gets done with it next time you are there, I was overwhelmed and didn't find out till i got home and researched the machines, the store and export part alarmed me.

How hard is it to read an ID, I am sure the police department wanted that put in there and review records weekly to see if there is someone they can nab.

So true!
Just me

Greeneville, TN

#3 Dec 8, 2013
Doge wrote:
Yeah no one should have their ID scanned with one of those machines. I'm sure the GPD had them put it in to keep track of who comes there.

That part wouldn't even worry me, I would be more worried about identity theft. With that information fake ID's can be made, they can get credit cards in your name, wipe out bank accounts. I mean these people won't be sitting in church on Sunday, I wouldn't trust them with my info.
Okkkkk

Greeneville, TN

#4 Dec 8, 2013
This is so funny. The only one that looks at my ID when I go is the one serving me.LOL What makes this the most corrupt crooked town is liars like you
regular

Johnson City, TN

#6 Dec 8, 2013
Do they still have live bands there?
Retard You Are

Greeneville, TN

#7 Dec 8, 2013
Okkkkk wrote:
This is so funny. The only one that looks at my ID when I go is the one serving me.LOL What makes this the most corrupt crooked town is liars like you
Hate to tell you but no one is lying, they do scan ID's with a machine. Do you go at night for the club part or just restaurant hours?

Before you make comments, you should know what you're talking about.
Hyp

Greeneville, TN

#9 Dec 8, 2013
They used to use it all the time to scan ID. I haven't seen them use it lately, they probably got everybody's info saved now.

Hell it could have been the GPD or TBI or just for their own use why it was there. Whatever reason I say it wasn't a good thing.
Okkkkk

Greeneville, TN

#10 Dec 8, 2013
I go at night and have never ad mine scanned so I know what I'm talking about dumba++
Retard You Are

Greeneville, TN

#11 Dec 8, 2013
Okkkkk wrote:
I go at night and have never ad mine scanned so I know what I'm talking about dumba++
I guess you're just SPECIAL!

But you don't know what you are talking about, because I didn't start this thread and I have had my ID scanned there. So that makes at least 2 people that has had their ID's scanned there. Maybe we just aren't as special as you?

May I bow to your feet, oh great one. Retard
Okkkkk

Greeneville, TN

#12 Dec 8, 2013
Yes you can an lick my balls on your way down there
Rude You Are

Asheville, NC

#13 Dec 8, 2013
Retard You Are wrote:
<quoted text>
But you don't know what you are talking about, because I didn't start this thread and I have had my ID scanned there. So that makes at least 2 people that has had their ID's scanned there. Maybe we just aren't as special as you?
Is it necessary to be so rude and obnoxious about something so unimportant? Self esteem issues much? Geez!
Retard You Are

Greeneville, TN

#14 Dec 8, 2013
Rude You Are wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it necessary to be so rude and obnoxious about something so unimportant? Self esteem issues much? Geez!
I think if you would go back and read the entire thread, you would see that Okkkkk started with the rude and obnoxious comments. Let's see I think Okkkkk said that we liars is the reason this is the most corrupt crooked town or something like that as I don't care to re-read its comment. Just don't like being called a liar from someone who doesn't know what they are talking about.

And sorry but I don't have any self esteem issues, love my self very much.
Retard You Are

Greeneville, TN

#15 Dec 8, 2013
Okkkkk wrote:
Yes you can an lick my balls on your way down there
Sorry not into the gay thing but I'm sure you can find someone into that at the Hyp.
Rude You Are

Asheville, NC

#16 Dec 8, 2013
Retard You Are wrote:
<quoted text>
I think if you would go back and read the entire thread, you would see that Okkkkk started with the rude and obnoxious comments. Let's see I think Okkkkk said that we liars is the reason this is the most corrupt crooked town or something like that as I don't care to re-read its comment. Just don't like being called a liar from someone who doesn't know what they are talking about.
And sorry but I don't have any self esteem issues, love my self very much.
So you don't like being called a liar but you are admitting that you lied about not being the person who started the thread because that's who okkk replied to. I see that you started being rude to okkk.
Retard You Are

Greeneville, TN

#17 Dec 8, 2013
Rude You Are wrote:
<quoted text>
So you don't like being called a liar but you are admitting that you lied about not being the person who started the thread because that's who okkk replied to. I see that you started being rude to okkk.
Really? You are kinda slow aren't you?

1. I did not start this thread and I did not say I started this thread.
2. There was 3 people that posted before Okkkkk, so not sure which of the 3 he was calling a liar as he didn't actually reply to a certain one.
3. His response insinuated the whole town of Greeneville was liars and crooks. When he insulted my town, he insulted me.
4. Who are you and why are you so concerned about Okkkkk? Do you have an opinion about the original statement of IDs being scanned at the Hyp or you just here to causing trouble?
knows

Franklin, NC

#18 Dec 8, 2013
It will flag you in the system if you have ever had any alcohol related incidents. It also vindicates your birth date so to bust fake id's.
Retard You Are

Greeneville, TN

#19 Dec 8, 2013
knows wrote:
It will flag you in the system if you have ever had any alcohol related incidents. It also vindicates your birth date so to bust fake id's.
Alcohol related incidents? Meaning DUI and what else? I've never really seen a bar care about alcohol related incidents other than money.

Birth date/fake ID's can be seen by looking at it.
Knows two

Nebo, NC

#20 Dec 8, 2013
It's scans any state I.D. It says if your over 21. It also says if your barred. Different people work the door.
True

United States

#21 Dec 9, 2013
Retard You Are wrote:
<quoted text>
I also have had my Id scanned and I don't even go there. I told them I was only there to pick someone up and they still scanned mine.
patrone

Salisbury, NC

#22 Dec 9, 2013
They have every right to scan, and you have every right not to go there. Why fault someone for making business decisions. Lots of places use scanners. It's actually a good idea.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Family Disturbance On Whirlwind Road Leads To S... 13 min white trash milli... 1
megan at advance auto on newport hyw 14 min shopper 12
pos people you always see on mobile patrol 22 min resident 2
New laws 37 min Thank goodness 19
Trumps fake news 46 min Atticus Finch 27
Property Tax Increase 50 min Atticus Finch 70
Desperate Grocery Store Chains 59 min Atticus Finch 5
New Water Park! Waste of Tax Dollars! 1 hr Atticus Finch 63
Who has the best shot to beat Hankins? 16 hr Yanked Cranker 23
robin quillen leaves meeting 20 hr Bullying 39

Greeneville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance