First Prev
of 2
Next Last
sure is short

Bristol, TN

#1 Oct 29, 2013
I have treated my family so awful and now I am older and alone. Don't tell me to go to them and say I'm sorry because my pride just won't let me do that. I have hurt people who loved me and even laughed at their troubles. I have been mean and spiteful and made terrible plots against the very people I should have been loving. I look around and all I have are just a few people who still come to see me. I use to be the life of any party but now family just sees me as a low life. I know God is punishing me for all I have done. I'm just so lonely. I just got so caught up in my selfishness and could not have imagined what all I was losing. Trust me and take it from me just love your people and treat them fairly. Life sure is short. They once thought I could walk on water but now they probably wouldn't even care if I drowned.
forgiveness

Bristol, TN

#2 Oct 29, 2013
If you are truly sorry then swallow your stupid pride and reach out across the aisle. You might be shocked to find how easy forgiveness can be. What do you have to lose?
I was right

Newton, NC

#3 Oct 29, 2013
sure is short wrote:
I have treated my family so awful and now I am older and alone. Don't tell me to go to them and say I'm sorry because my pride just won't let me do that. I have hurt people who loved me and even laughed at their troubles. I have been mean and spiteful and made terrible plots against the very people I should have been loving. I look around and all I have are just a few people who still come to see me. I use to be the life of any party but now family just sees me as a low life. I know God is punishing me for all I have done. I'm just so lonely. I just got so caught up in my selfishness and could not have imagined what all I was losing. Trust me and take it from me just love your people and treat them fairly. Life sure is short. They once thought I could walk on water but now they probably wouldn't even care if I drowned.
brandie?
smile

Antioch, TN

#4 Oct 29, 2013
forgiveness wrote:
If you are truly sorry then swallow your stupid pride and reach out across the aisle. You might be shocked to find how easy forgiveness can be. What do you have to lose?
What have you been lying about ...maybe you'll feel better getting it off your shoulders
sure is short

Bristol, TN

#5 Oct 29, 2013
I was right wrote:
<quoted text>brandie?
Sorry don't know any brandie. Guess someone else is just as bad as I am.
me too

Mosheim, TN

#6 Oct 29, 2013
sure is short wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry don't know any brandie. Guess someone else is just as bad as I am.
i know how you feel. i was bad too. i guess we get what we deserve though.
without

Greeneville, TN

#7 Oct 29, 2013
sure is short wrote:
My dad died without asking for forgiveness. I would love to have forgiven him but because he didn't ask for it, he died a lonely and unloved man.

“You gotta stand for something”

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#8 Oct 29, 2013
sure is short wrote:
Honestly, if you were the one who pushed them away, you should be the one who reaches out. Forget your pride not your family. I hope everything works out for you. Best wishes.:)

“Cure 4 ignorance-> Knowledge!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#9 Oct 29, 2013
Forgiveness isn't something anyone has to ask me for. I forgive because holding onto the negative drags me down. No one will have that power over me. It might take some strong apologies or some sincere "let's work it out's"... But I'd never turn my back on anyone. There are some I don't go out of my way for, but I'd be there if they needed me and could tell me. It's possible your family feels the same. It only takes one to understand and the rest will come around. Go to the one with the biggest heart, the one you were closest to... And swallow that pride. Pride will get you nothing but loneliness... As you already know.
i agree

Greeneville, TN

#10 Oct 29, 2013
GApeach-TNflower wrote:
Forgiveness isn't something anyone has to ask me for. I forgive because holding onto the negative drags me down. No one will have that power over me. It might take some strong apologies or some sincere "let's work it out's"... But I'd never turn my back on anyone. There are some I don't go out of my way for, but I'd be there if they needed me and could tell me. It's possible your family feels the same. It only takes one to understand and the rest will come around. Go to the one with the biggest heart, the one you were closest to... And swallow that pride. Pride will get you nothing but loneliness... As you already know.
My Mom always said you just can't get thru this crazy life without having to say you are sorry to somebody. I agree. If you have never done that, you are more than likely a very lonely and desperate person.

“Cure 4 ignorance-> Knowledge!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#11 Oct 29, 2013
i agree wrote:
<quoted text>
My Mom always said you just can't get thru this crazy life without having to say you are sorry to somebody. I agree. If you have never done that, you are more than likely a very lonely and desperate person.
That is so true.
"I'm sorry" seems to get thrown around far too often now tho. It's needed, mostly to break the ice, I think... But I'd much rather have actions prove what words can never truly say. Apologies are hard, but when heartfelt, pride doesn't exist.
i see

Mosheim, TN

#12 Oct 30, 2013
without wrote:
<quoted text>
My dad died without asking for forgiveness. I would love to have forgiven him but because he didn't ask for it, he died a lonely and unloved man.
you should be ashamed for having allowed that to happen.

_Word Woman_

“See you in the funny papers...”

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#13 Oct 30, 2013
i see wrote:
<quoted text>you should be ashamed for having allowed that to happen.
That is a very unfair & presumptuous statement...unless you have all of the facts/details, you shouldn't judge or tell someone what (s)he should or should not be ashamed about. Though this is hypothetical & I don't know what happened in the person's relationship with his/her father, what if he molested him/her?!? You think that person should have been the one to make sure amends were made, then?!? If we learn nothing else from this forum on an almost daily basis, it is that parents aren't perfect & some are downright lousy & evil. Simply BEING a parent does not earn one the unquestionable right to be respected....being a GOOD parent does...as does being a good person.
good and decent

Bristol, TN

#14 Oct 30, 2013
_Word Woman_ wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a very unfair & presumptuous statement...unless you have all of the facts/details, you shouldn't judge or tell someone what (s)he should or should not be ashamed about. Though this is hypothetical & I don't know what happened in the person's relationship with his/her father, what if he molested him/her?!? You think that person should have been the one to make sure amends were made, then?!? If we learn nothing else from this forum on an almost daily basis, it is that parents aren't perfect & some are downright lousy & evil. Simply BEING a parent does not earn one the unquestionable right to be respected....being a GOOD parent does...as does being a good person.
My parents were good and decent folk and they were treated so awful by my brother. He took their money and anything else he could get his hands on but they still loved him. I am not so forgiving and I don't believe God allows children to just go along treating folk like that without bearing down on them or their kids.

_Word Woman_

Location hidden

#16 Oct 30, 2013
good and decent wrote:
<quoted text>
My parents were good and decent folk and they were treated so awful by my brother. He took their money and anything else he could get his hands on but they still loved him. I am not so forgiving and I don't believe God allows children to just go along treating folk like that without bearing down on them or their kids.
I wasn't suggesting that there aren't wonderful parents who are treated poorly by their children. I was simply stating that the poster's comment to the person who posted that his/her father had died without forgiveness was an unfair judgment call.

_Word Woman_

Location hidden

#17 Oct 30, 2013
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
**discombobulated
I'm terribly sorry you weren't able to comprehend what I wrote...

_Word Woman_

Location hidden

#19 Oct 30, 2013
Beth wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you a good parent? Are your children happy? Do you practice what you preach?
I don't have children, but should I decide to, I will certainly practice what I preach.
consequences

Bristol, TN

#20 Oct 30, 2013
_Word Woman_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't suggesting that there aren't wonderful parents who are treated poorly by their children. I was simply stating that the poster's comment to the person who posted that his/her father had died without forgiveness was an unfair judgment call.
I believe they were suggesting that their father did not ask them to forgive his actions which meant that he was not forgiven by them. May be wrong but that was my take. God is a loving God but his word clearly tells us we will pretty much reap what we sow. While he loves to forgive us, we still are left with the consequences of our sins. I know my sins sure have come back to bite me.
Greene Apple

Vina Del Mar, Chile

#21 Oct 30, 2013
sure is short wrote:
God is punishing you? Some troubles in life you've brought upon yourself so no sense in waiting or relying on God to fix it. Stupid choices have consequences...deal with it.
Anyway

Johnson City, TN

#22 Oct 30, 2013
Liz Bailey?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe Fired 33 min Shannon Bream Blu... 688
meghan anne tolliver (Jul '17) 2 hr lol 43
Road blocks 2 hr badenufdayalready 6
Governor 3 hr NFS sucks 10
Lower back tattoo! 4 hr help 8
rios spots bar 4 hr Old friends 13
Wesley Holt...really?? 4 hr Sandy 40
Iris festival scrum 7 hr Brown eye 13
New pool store 11 hr Swim fan 17

Greeneville Jobs