|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Unbelievable wrote:
<quoted text>no it's the way they decide tto spend their money. Greeneville has over 800 students. WGHS'S and CD have 650 or so. If money madevthecdifference, Washington D.C. Schools should be doing better than anyone across the country. According to a USA Today report they spend over $20,000 per student and have the worst scores in the country. It's not the money. When Iwas in school there was very little money. But, everyone coulld read and do simple math at least. Greenevillecounty has wonderful students. As a mter of fact businesses would rather hire county students because they usually have a pretty good work ethic. Pretending hs bll is as important as pro ball in a school is kinda sad and on the outside looking in not impressive.
You rant and are incoherent, I suppose you got that from the superior old time school system which taught you how to read and do simple math but failed to teach you how to express yourself. Sounds like you have listened to Larry Parman too much. Come back when the drugs have managed to clear your system some. Comparing Inner City Crime ridden schools with special needs to just try and keep the kids safe with rural minimumal disciplinary schools is a bit disingenious. A teacher in the Greene County school system could agree to go to Memphis and teach in a inner city school and get twice the pay and will not teach as well or see the results they do now. Apples and Oranges but if it feeds your mania go ahead use it.
Democrat

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

FriendofDog wrote:
<quoted text>
Seay is one of the ones that need to be booted out election time...Also, when some of the COmmissioners are so deaf, they can't hear what is being voted on and just vote what their buddy votes and then, after the meeting has to ask what is going on, I say this is outrageous if true. I have no doubt this is true given the source I heard this from. This is some shameful Sh&t and Larry Parman's rant pales in comparision.
Very good description of how Republicans vote in County Commission. It comes from two edicts put out by their state and national party:(1.) Listen and get your daily dose of Rush Limbaugh, don't try to think yourself, that is too stressful on the Republican Brain, let him think for you.(2.) Screw em early and Screw em often, the modern day Mantra for all Republicans.
unbelievable

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Democrat wrote:
Awesome, Republicans falling apart hating each other. Why does Greeneville High School have a football team which beats the County Schools by more than 50 points and then only if they pull their starters? MONEY!!!!!!!! You get what you pay for.
No, it's separating the wheat from the chaff. Trying to shake out the RINO's, so everyone can find out who the true conservatives are.
unbelievable

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>You rant and are incoherent, I suppose you got that from the superior old time school system which taught you how to read and do simple math but failed to teach you how to express yourself. Sounds like you have listened to Larry Parman too much. Come back when the drugs have managed to clear your system some. Comparing Inner City Crime ridden schools with special needs to just try and keep the kids safe with rural minimumal disciplinary schools is a bit disingenious. A teacher in the Greene County school system could agree to go to Memphis and teach in a inner city school and get twice the pay and will not teach as well or see the results they do now. Apples and Oranges but if it feeds your mania go ahead use it.
All you liberals do is rant and rave. Made me smile. Come back when you can clear your system of arrogant, liberal indoctrination. The people who preach tolerance, are the most intolerant. Tolerance only applies to everyone else, not them......... your post really made me smile. You prove my point without my having to say a word. Have a good day. Try to smile about something. You'll feel better.
Democrat

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

You not only made me smile, I am falling all over myself laughing big time. The last true Republican Conservative was Barry Goldwater. All you got in the Republican Party now is Neo Reaganite Pretenders, Fox News Talking Head Zombies, Talk Radio Screaming Demons, and Tea Party Dunderheads. The strongest part of the Republican Party is the NRA 2nd Amendment Fanatics and they are so Paranoid stockpiling huge amounts of weapaons and ammo that the biggest risk they exert is the possiblity of blowing themselves and their neighbors up.
love teaching

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>You rant and are incoherent, I suppose you got that from the superior old time school system which taught you how to read and do simple math but failed to teach you how to express yourself. Sounds like you have listened to Larry Parman too much. Come back when the drugs have managed to clear your system some. Comparing Inner City Crime ridden schools with special needs to just try and keep the kids safe with rural minimumal disciplinary schools is a bit disingenious. A teacher in the Greene County school system could agree to go to Memphis and teach in a inner city school and get twice the pay and will not teach as well or see the results they do now. Apples and Oranges but if it feeds your mania go ahead use it.
Liberals have such a hard time communicating. We are surely on our way to those same inner city problems. A majority of our teachers are only in it for the money and benefits. Don't go off the deep end, I know teachers don't get rich, but hey neither do the other various vocations which one works in this area. Bottom line, we have too many teachers that need to be doing something else. If you took away their all-paid premiums, bonuses and holidays off (let's see they get a fall break, Thanksgiving, Christmas break, spring break and SUMMER OFF)then I bet you would see a quick exit to many for teaching jobs. Maybe then we would actually get men and women who love teaching.
Concerned citizen

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Leave wrote:
<quoted text>You came here for some reason which may have been the low tax rate here. With your sorry and terrible attitude, you add nothing to the community. We locals will be better off when you go back where things were "better" where you came from.
I am a local and am also embarrased by what I hear, read and see. I read in the paper the other day that some big shot fro Nashvillle comes to town and says "Greeneville/ Greene County" is poised for growth. It sounds like someone preped him before he came and told him what to say. Why in the hell is this city and county poised for growth? Because we have a new grocery store, a bojangles and an unwanted chemical manufacturing plant. Because we have a downtown that is practically dead whith no signs of revitilization other than an expansion to Walters State that is non-profit and a old house being renovated by the mayors wife. Oh please forgive me, I forgot about race car driver Allen Johnson and the Band Perry, they alone will help this area grow.(yea right) This town has basically become nothing but a drug haven. Drunks are being arrested everyday for drinking and driving. Even our local doctors are being arrested for illegal activities. Yes, Greene County is my home and I was born and raised here but it does'nt mean I like what I hear, read or see.
Democrat

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Here's a proposal to lower both property and wheel taxes. Listen closely. Consolidate the City and County Schools thereby saving Millions on Equipment, Transportation, Personnel and Administrative Costs. What's that I hear, huge loss of air and Rich Republicans and Democrats all across the county fainting to the floor. No Way, makes too much sense.
Democrat

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

You could also consolidate the governments and then we would only have to hear about one fracas a week instead of two.
Unbelievable

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Democrat wrote:
Here's a proposal to lower both property and wheel taxes. Listen closely. Consolidate the City and County Schools thereby saving Millions on Equipment, Transportation, Personnel and Administrative Costs. What's that I hear, huge loss of air and Rich Republicans and Democrats all across the county fainting to the floor. No Way, makes too much sense.
that's actually a conservative idea I agree with!!!! I second that thought!!!
right

Newport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Terry Jones for sheriff
Getoverit

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

buddy wrote:
Larry Parman is speaking the truth about greene county. The Mayor of Greeneville and Greene County have let us all down.. The city streets are all to pot.. Holes every where. We don't need more taxes. They need to take a pay cut.. I work a job and I have not had a raise in 5 years.. But still paying those taxes. I think they should think about what Larry Parman is telling them..
the city gets not one cent for fixing pot holes in the city from the county. We get no use of the asphalt plant at all even though we pay for it like county residents. The city hasn't raised taxes in 18 years and city employees have had 1 raise in 6 years so there in no better shape than you. City residents pay both city and county taxes and get absolutely nothing for the county taxes they pay.
County Tax Payer

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Getoverit wrote:
<quoted text> the city gets not one cent for fixing pot holes in the city from the county. We get no use of the asphalt plant at all even though we pay for it like county residents. The city hasn't raised taxes in 18 years and city employees have had 1 raise in 6 years so there in no better shape than you. City residents pay both city and county taxes and get absolutely nothing for the county taxes they pay.
The county gets nothing for the water the city of Greeneville steals out of the Nolichuckey River, in fact the county residents have to pay to get the water back from the city who steals the water. If county residents would quit shopping in Greeneville, quit buying tags and marriage licenses and quit using hospitals and funeral homes and restaurants, the city of Greeneville would go broke in no time. County residents have paid the majority of the city's revenues forever and get nothing in return. Well that is not quite true, the city does dump its waste back into the county at the Nolichuckey River. The city of Greeneville is like a leech sucking the lifeblood out of the County. The County should force businesses like Walmart and Food City and Car Lots to locate in the County to benefit the 70,000 people who live in Greene County and quit subsidizing the 15,000 people who live in Greeneville.
Unbelievable

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Getoverit wrote:
<quoted text> the city gets not one cent for fixing pot holes in the city from the county. We get no use of the asphalt plant at all even though we pay for it like county residents. The city hasn't raised taxes in 18 years and city employees have had 1 raise in 6 years so there in no better shape than you. City residents pay both city and county taxes and get absolutely nothing for the county taxes they pay.
the city hasn't had to raise taxes because they ride the coat tails of the county- the county raises taxes and the city automatically get a third of the revenue from the tax increase. Just like last year from the property tax. The paper and radio said the city got over a half million dollars from that property tax increase. So, it's not true that you don't get something. Now, what they've done with it, I don't know. That way the elected officials can say they haven't raised taxes. I think people need t6627o realize that times are tough for most people.
agreed

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Concerned citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a local and am also embarrased by what I hear, read and see. I read in the paper the other day that some big shot fro Nashvillle comes to town and says "Greeneville/ Greene County" is poised for growth. It sounds like someone preped him before he came and told him what to say. Why in the hell is this city and county poised for growth? Because we have a new grocery store, a bojangles and an unwanted chemical manufacturing plant. Because we have a downtown that is practically dead whith no signs of revitilization other than an expansion to Walters State that is non-profit and a old house being renovated by the mayors wife. Oh please forgive me, I forgot about race car driver Allen Johnson and the Band Perry, they alone will help this area grow.(yea right) This town has basically become nothing but a drug haven. Drunks are being arrested everyday for drinking and driving. Even our local doctors are being arrested for illegal activities. Yes, Greene County is my home and I was born and raised here but it does'nt mean I like what I hear, read or see.
no, no, we are growing....it's the 27 Mexican restaurants and 45 banks. we could use a few more if you ask me.
Hmm

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

County Tax Payer wrote:
<quoted text>The county gets nothing for the water the city of Greeneville steals out of the Nolichuckey River, in fact the county residents have to pay to get the water back from the city who steals the water. If county residents would quit shopping in Greeneville, quit buying tags and marriage licenses and quit using hospitals and funeral homes and restaurants, the city of Greeneville would go broke in no time. County residents have paid the majority of the city's revenues forever and get nothing in return. Well that is not quite true, the city does dump its waste back into the county at the Nolichuckey River. The city of Greeneville is like a leech sucking the lifeblood out of the County. The County should force businesses like Walmart and Food City and Car Lots to locate in the County to benefit the 70,000 people who live in Greene County and quit subsidizing the 15,000 people who live in Greeneville.
A lot have located in the county and then the city annexes it to get the revenue.
Democrat

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

15,000 thieves in the night, 70,000 fools for letting them do it. When these rich people who locate in the county for its natural beauty then send their kids to Greeneville for schooling, they are funding city government but they are stealing from the county because they are stealing students away from the county schools whose funding is based on attendance figures. They are also paying cheaper county taxes which in a lot of cases the savings is more than enough to pay for the city tuition, a vicious cycle starving the county of much needed funds to the city's benefit.
Point of Collection

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Unbelievable wrote:
<quoted text>the city hasn't had to raise taxes because they ride the coat tails of the county- the county raises taxes and the city automatically get a third of the revenue from the tax increase. Just like last year from the property tax. The paper and radio said the city got over a half million dollars from that property tax increase. So, it's not true that you don't get something. Now, what they've done with it, I don't know. That way the elected officials can say they haven't raised taxes. I think people need t6627o realize that times are tough for most people.
Don't forget that every time that a county resident buys something at a business in town, the city gets the point of collection part of the sales tax which is I think 1/2 of one percent. That may not sound like a lot, but just think of the number of dollars county residents spend in Greeneville where the tax is collected.
i thought

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

right wrote:
Terry Jones for sheriff
I thought that old man kicked the bucket.
Democrat

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Robbie Morgan for Sheriff. If David Hawk can do it, why not Robbie Morgan. Has my vote. Having sex with a lady is much more macho than belting one in the face.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of70
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Freeze Watch for Greene County was issued at April 15 at 7:53PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE