Posted in the Greeneville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
keep it up

Greeneville, TN

#2 Jun 18, 2013
Rights wrote:
What a couple of fools, typical of Greene County, unfortunately. Larry Parman forfeited his right to speak to County Commission a long time ago and yet idiots like Alan Broyles and Roger Woolsey and Steve Burns continue to allow him to spit out his maniacal garbage. Rights can be forfeited when abused. Would Alan and his incompetent crew allow a second amendment advocate to step to the podium and shoot commissioners? One has to wonder since they know so little about True Rights. Larry Parman can say anything he wants in his home, at friends places and even outside the court house when members leave a meeting, but not and I repeat not in an official County Court Meeting. He is being allowed to commit oral murder with Alan Broyles and his thugs permission. At what point do people realize their commission is out of control and remove the people responsible. As for Commissioner "Dumb to the last Drop" Ted Hensley, the people of this County elected Commissioners to represent them and their views and not Larry Parman. Perhaps he and Larry should go out some time and see if they can figure out how to play the game of checkers if it would not tax their combined brainpower too much.
You know Republicans have done something right when Demon-crats get mad. Keep it up!!
ex friend

Greeneville, TN

#4 Jun 18, 2013
Nathan you should not post things like this stop!
right

Greensboro, NC

#6 Jun 18, 2013
Alan broyles is a fool.steve burns is a drug money happy crooked sheriff. I can only pray this county wakes up the next election. Oh by the way i am not a democrat .i am a republican i am just sick if lies and useless people making a living at the tax payers expense.
Unbelievable

Jonesborough, TN

#8 Jun 18, 2013
Got to be Kidding wrote:
There is more intelligent dialogue going on in Kindergarten Classes around Greene County than in County Court. What a disgrace.
did I read the paper correctly? How can Ms. Kiker say she stuck her neck out voting for the tax increase last year? That the money never goes where they say it's going to.....she voted(after she read her conflict of interest notice) fo give herself a raise- she's a teacher -right? Now just where did she think the money for t he school system was going to go? It never goes to help educate the children - we're starting to realize that. Little late to start making excuses so you get elected again. That goes for all that voted to raise our taxes for personal agendas. It's so easy to spend other people's money.
Unbelievable

Jonesborough, TN

#11 Jun 19, 2013
Observation wrote:
Greene County is an Insane Asylum being run by the Inmates.
it's being run by people who have family and friends in county jobs, so they run to promote them either through job promotion when they're not qualified, or through giving them big raises and Cadillac benefits. People were you paying attention when the news reported that 28 school system retiring people divided 488,000 between them as a bonus as they left thir job???!!! I bet that's our local money paying for that!!! I didn't sleep that night when I read that...when are thee taxpayers going to go and fill the room at a board meeting. It worked for those teachers and supervisors when they filled the room after Roger Jones sent them an SOS to come to a meeting to intimidate board members to continue those taxpayer bonuses. They'll keep doing that until we say enough is enough. Make em explain every expenditure.....
we the people

Greeneville, TN

#15 Jun 19, 2013
Facts wrote:
The State of Tennessee Ranks dead last, 50th of the 50 States, in total taxation per person. Greene County ranks 63rd of the 95 Counties in Tennessee in total taxation. Larry Parman said two things that are very true about the people of Greene County. They are thieves and they are liars. Thieves because they are not paying their fair share for services they are receiving and liars because their tax burden is the easiest burden in the country. If you want a good dose of lying and thieving go to the next commission meeting and listen to these nitwits.
I feel sorry for people like you. I truly do. I can't begin to imagine what happened in your life to bring you to the conclusion that the folks should be taxed and taxed often. You have to be someone or the family member of someone who benefits from taxing the people. As for nitwits, unfortunately a great number of our teachers fit into that category. I am still appalled at their immature behavior. It's unforgivable and unforgettable. Greene County and Greeneville need a real dose of reality. OUR TOWN AND COUNTY ARE DYING. Our children are having to move away just to find jobs when they graduate. We can all get angry about something but that will not stop the bleeding. When Dr. Kirk and her crew decided the way to balance a budget was to close a school, I knew she was one of "them". I can't count the times when I walk into my child's school and see coaches, p.e. teachers, driver's ed teachers and the like just walking around shooting the breeze. How about getting rid of some of these loafers before closing a school. WHY is it the PEOPLE who spend our money think we have no rights to know what they are doing with it. My Grandpa calls Kirk and the like "educated fools". LOL, I agree.
language

Greeneville, TN

#16 Jun 19, 2013
Believable wrote:
<quoted text>Larry Parman is the Dumbest of the Dumb. Alan Broyles is dumber. Roger Woolsey is dumber still. Ted Hensley doesn't even rise to the level of dumb.
What does that make Vicki Kirk, Roger Jones, Tim White and all the others who voted for a tax increase last year? Afraid I can't use that kind of language on here.
Free Speech

United States

#17 Jun 19, 2013
is constitutionally protected. There is no such ting as "oral murder". If you want people to see your side of this, you might want to try describing the situation in language people can understand.

Currently, you sound like you're crazy. Do you want to take another stab at it?

What is this guy saying that you have a problem with?

and why?
Take it from an outsider

United States

#18 Jun 19, 2013
I'm not a republican or a democrat. I'm a registered Independent (you know the people who just care about good ideas and good people and not "their team" winning).

The biggest joke going around is that there's any difference between donkeys and elephants. Maybe on a few issues like gun control and abortion but on the stuff that really matters: They are the same.

I've lived in a lot of place but never a place as horrible as Greeneville. The Appalachian Trail is beautiful but that's all you've got.

The town and the county are backwards. They are corrupt. There is no reason for a person to move there or stay there. It doesn't have to be this way.

There are some good people in Greene County, but sadly they are outnumbered by the corrupt and incompetent. Meth/prescription pill abuse and corruption are what I think of when I think of Greene County.

Is that the impression you want to make? You wonder why your town/county is fading into obscurity? The reasons are obvious...you've allowed a small group of people to take over and do whatever they want.

Your cops are corrupt and incompetent...this would be a good starting place if anybody there really cares. If it weren't for Andrew Johnson and Davey Crockett, the place would have imploded already.

Greene County needs an enema....
Leave

Greeneville, TN

#19 Jun 19, 2013
Take it from an outsider wrote:
I'm not a republican or a democrat. I'm a registered Independent (you know the people who just care about good ideas and good people and not "their team" winning).
The biggest joke going around is that there's any difference between donkeys and elephants. Maybe on a few issues like gun control and abortion but on the stuff that really matters: They are the same.
I've lived in a lot of place but never a place as horrible as Greeneville. The Appalachian Trail is beautiful but that's all you've got.
The town and the county are backwards. They are corrupt. There is no reason for a person to move there or stay there. It doesn't have to be this way.
There are some good people in Greene County, but sadly they are outnumbered by the corrupt and incompetent. Meth/prescription pill abuse and corruption are what I think of when I think of Greene County.
Is that the impression you want to make? You wonder why your town/county is fading into obscurity? The reasons are obvious...you've allowed a small group of people to take over and do whatever they want.
Your cops are corrupt and incompetent...this would be a good starting place if anybody there really cares. If it weren't for Andrew Johnson and Davey Crockett, the place would have imploded already.
Greene County needs an enema....
You came here for some reason which may have been the low tax rate here. With your sorry and terrible attitude, you add nothing to the community. We locals will be better off when you go back where things were "better" where you came from.
what

Kingsport, TN

#20 Jun 19, 2013
What did Larry Parman say at the meeting? I read the paper, but it didn't give great detail.

What's his story?
Unbelievable

Jonesborough, TN

#21 Jun 19, 2013
Facts wrote:
The State of Tennessee Ranks dead last, 50th of the 50 States, in total taxation per person. Greene County ranks 63rd of the 95 Counties in Tennessee in total taxation. Larry Parman said two things that are very true about the people of Greene County. They are thieves and they are liars. Thieves because they are not paying their fair share for services they are receiving and liars because their tax burden is the easiest burden in the country. If you want a good dose of lying and thieving go to the next commission meeting and listen to these nitwits.
if you love taxes- give all you want to. liberals love to harp on paying more taxes if someone else is doing it. But, if you look at their own pocketbook, they are short changing the system themselves most of the time. Money isn't the problem, It's how the people in charge are spending the money...
Unbelievable

Jonesborough, TN

#22 Jun 19, 2013
language wrote:
<quoted text>
What does that make Vicki Kirk, Roger Jones, Tim White and all the others who voted for a tax increase last year? Afraid I can't use that kind of language on here.
what do all three have in common? All democrats!! Nuff said!
help me understand

Greeneville, TN

#23 Jun 19, 2013
[QUOTE
Greene County needs an enema....[/QUOTE]

Can you give examples of corruption or incompetence? Maybe I can confirm or dispel your suspicions.
Dawg 22

Greeneville, TN

#24 Jun 19, 2013
I thing everyone in the county need to pay there share not just land owners like always in the past! Raise the wheel tax to 100.00. This way theppl that just walk to the mail box toget there goverment hand outs get to pay to!It makes me sick when ppl have 4 or 5 vehicles parked outside goverment housing and pay nothing let everyone get a dose!!
Amazing

Greeneville, TN

#25 Jun 19, 2013
Unbelievable wrote:
<quoted text>what do all three have in common? All democrats!! Nuff said!
Democrats are such an amazingly small minority in Greene County, it is simply amazing how they are capable of making all the decisions. It sounds like a matter of the tail wagging the Republican dog. Why does the very large Republican majority not fix things for the better and make the right decisions? The Republicans have the numbers to vote in or vote out any thing that comes before any of the local government arms.

In other words, it's time to quit blaming Democrats and blame the Republicans as much if not more than the local Democrats.
You Know

Delano, TN

#26 Jun 19, 2013
Amazing wrote:
<quoted text>Democrats are such an amazingly small minority in Greene County, it is simply amazing how they are capable of making all the decisions. It sounds like a matter of the tail wagging the Republican dog. Why does the very large Republican majority not fix things for the better and make the right decisions? The Republicans have the numbers to vote in or vote out any thing that comes before any of the local government arms.
In other words, it's time to quit blaming Democrats and blame the Republicans as much if not more than the local Democrats.
Because the majority of the Republicans are R-I-N-Os. "Republicans In Name Only". The uninformed voters of Greene County will keep voting them in.

Hilton Seay addressed the first Tea Party gathering a few years ago. If his presence there wasn't so insulting, it would have been funny.
Amazing

Greeneville, TN

#27 Jun 19, 2013
You Know wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the majority of the Republicans are R-I-N-Os. "Republicans In Name Only". The uninformed voters of Greene County will keep voting them in.
Hilton Seay addressed the first Tea Party gathering a few years ago. If his presence there wasn't so insulting, it would have been funny.
Then why don't you true Republicans purge them from your midst--or they be the true Republicans and you be on the party fringe? Maybe you and yours are the real R-I-N-Os and the "uninformed" voters are more informed than you give them credit for being.
buddy

Abingdon, VA

#28 Jun 19, 2013
Larry Parman is speaking the truth about greene county. The Mayor of Greeneville and Greene County have let us all down.. The city streets are all to pot.. Holes every where. We don't need more taxes. They need to take a pay cut.. I work a job and I have not had a raise in 5 years.. But still paying those taxes. I think they should think about what Larry Parman is telling them..
for instance

Greeneville, TN

#29 Jun 19, 2013
You Know wrote:
<quoted text>
You have said what so many in the Republican party have known for years. Keep an eye on the upcoming election for more of the same.
Kershaw for instance. Course Armstrong works for Bell. It blows the mind.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Faith in humanity restored 4 min Kohlrabi 6
presented by the genuine Kohlrabi--I HATE KOHLR... 7 min OHFUN 15
(kohlrabi ) 27 min Kohlrabi 32
Illegal Window Tint #1 Priority for Sheriff Han... 1 hr Greeneville res 4
What u do afer makin love? 1 hr wifey 10
Greene county EMS refuses to haul patient 1 hr resident 8
Do u regret electing a black man as our preside... 1 hr Tammy 18
Mayor Daniels tries to pull Fast one 1 hr Really 20
lawsuit against county schools 2 hr willard 15
get rid of Robert Sayne 7 hr resident 82