First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tea Lady

Murfreesboro, TN

#1 Dec 3, 2010
Is it just me or has Pal's sweet tea really went down hill? It is so inconsistent in quality and is usually too weak and/or not sweet enough. The flavor is just not what it used to be. You would think that with Pal's attention to detail that they would look to improve the tea, because people in the South love their tea...
greg

Murfreesboro, TN

#2 Dec 3, 2010
i think their tea sucks
Yes

Waterloo, Canada

#3 Dec 4, 2010
I am with ya. I quit going there for tea. Not sure what happened!
yeah

Gallatin, TN

#4 Dec 4, 2010
yes it has went down hill usually it has already soured
Sassy

Smyrna, TN

#5 Dec 4, 2010
probably like everybody else-trying to cut cost by using a cheaper product and charging the same for it.
who

United States

#6 Dec 4, 2010
I have to agree does seem to be lacking lately.. Not sweet enough or like the other person said sour like.
agree

Waterloo, Canada

#7 Dec 4, 2010
I am with everyone else. Pals tea blows!
Andy

Murfreesboro, TN

#8 Dec 4, 2010
I thought it was just me. I still get tea there from time to time, but it is always bad.
Knucklehead

Jonesborough, TN

#9 Dec 4, 2010
Are you referring to the eat-in at the Commons, or at their drive-thru? Or possibly both?
peanut

Waterloo, Canada

#10 Dec 4, 2010
I have noticed it at all Pal's locations. Not just in greeneville.
Just Ate There

Hendersonville, TN

#11 Dec 4, 2010
Thanks to whoever started this thread. It reminded me that I should go there for lunch. I had a Pal Jr., french fries and a sweet tea. It was all good . Sweet tea seemed the same as always to me. The service was fast, food was hot. Good experience for less than 5 bucks. Thanks again.
jigga

Waterloo, Canada

#12 Dec 4, 2010
I like their food, but their tea is hit or miss. Most of the time a miss.
Sweetie

Johnson City, TN

#13 Dec 4, 2010
If you like "sweet" tea then stop by Little Top sometime..They have great tea and their ice is small..and thats a plus with me =)
dude

Waterloo, Canada

#14 Dec 4, 2010
Central Park has the best in my opinion. Pal's tea isn't good any more. Used to be.
benhaven

Hendersonville, TN

#15 Dec 4, 2010
Yeah Central Park or Little Top for the real deal. I'm trying to cut down on sugar, so I ask for a half & half. Means half sweet, half unsweet tea.
tru

Nashville, TN

#16 Dec 4, 2010
I agree, the tea is awful. It tastes like what I would imagine pond water to taste like. Another big disappointment is the chipped ham with cheese, the ham isn't even "chipped" anymore. Its thick sliced, and has gristle. Oh gosh its so nasty. I used to like those. The only thing thats worth eating there anymore is the good ole "frenchie fries"lol
Melissa

Fort Campbell, TN

#17 Dec 4, 2010
I think both Pal's in Greeneville has changed their tea. I have found personally that by going in @ the McDonalds in Tusculum or on the Ash. hwy, the tea is much sweeter than the drivethru teas. Maybe they try to stay ahead of customers and fix the teas ahead of time and the melted ice makes it yucky....not sure, but I do go in now for my tea!
So True

Johnson City, TN

#18 Dec 4, 2010
I love Pal's. I usually go to the one with the drive thru. I always get either a Big Pal or a Sauce Burger.
I don't care much for their tea. I usually just fix a glass of my own.
Tea-Bone

Murfreesboro, TN

#19 Dec 4, 2010
Years ago, Pal's tea was great. It is horrible now. Not sure what happened. It isn't hard to make good tea, so not sure if it was a cost cut or what happened.
omgtmi

United States

#20 Dec 4, 2010
As soon as everyone jumped on the tea wagon, it went downhill. Probably cheaper tea, or they make the same amount while less is being purchased due to the fact people get it elsewhere. Therefor it goes bad. Rocky's has good tea and they let you refil. I do love little top's ice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Good hideout for alone time with girlfriend? 4 hr Sirjohn 14
The scary black man is gone now 5 hr OMG 15
Miranda Church 5 hr Mike 423 2
Bridget Oliver 6 hr Just curious 1
Gas tax increase 7 hr Mrs Roberson 20
How can we get a new steakhouse in town? (Jun '14) 7 hr We have several 24
Mystery MAN wrecked and stuck 7 hr Mrs Roberson 2
Unemployment 7 hr You know whot 72
Trump inauguration 7 hr Itsme33 115

Greeneville Jobs