Laughlin Hospital Names Cannon As Director Of Nursing Services

There are 18 comments on the Mar 31, 2011, The Greenville Sun story titled Laughlin Hospital Names Cannon As Director Of Nursing Services. In it, The Greenville Sun reports that:

Brenda Cannon, R.N., has been named the new director of nursing services at Laughlin Memorial Hospital and its affiliated agencies.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Greenville Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Nightingale

United States

#21 Aug 22, 2012
All I have to say is Riann Burroughs did not deserve that job. There are at least 5 more experienced nurses in this Icu that should have gotten it. And when your father is HR director and u hold a position of that magnitude it shows the hard working nurses of lmh that experience means nothing... its who u know. So why should they give a damn about their jobs now...there is no room for advancement. Riann barely met the criteria for that position. Shes inexperienced to say the least and very immature.
Nightingale

United States

#22 Aug 22, 2012
Also Martha southerland did nothing wrong to lose the position she held...just 4 little high school acting bitches took it upon themselves to do her in so their best friend could be their boss.
CUFA

Brentwood, TN

#23 Aug 23, 2012
jwtk wrote:
Is Dr. Boys considered to be one of the good old boys in this group too?
What does Dr Boys have to do with anything? He has no leadership role
jobless

Murfreesboro, TN

#24 Nov 14, 2012
nothing is ever fair when working for laughlin should now that by now if worked for them for any amount of time but what can you do
Get over it

Fort Campbell, TN

#25 Nov 14, 2012
Riann is a great nurse. She didn't get that job because of who her dad is. She went to college and passed the tests. She earned it.
TGF

Fort Campbell, TN

#26 Nov 14, 2012
Ask Susan in admissions who her daddy is and then you can see why they didnt fire her when they had good reason to. Anyone else would have got terminated or demoted for doing what she did. If it was me I would have filed a lawsuit!
Blessed

Fort Campbell, TN

#27 Nov 14, 2012
Brenda Cannon is a great DON
FED UP

Jonesborough, TN

#28 Nov 15, 2012
LMH is on its last leg, see who is left when Wellmont takes over!
TJE

Lake Mary, FL

#29 Nov 15, 2012
Get over it wrote:
Riann is a great nurse. She didn't get that job because of who her dad is. She went to college and passed the tests. She earned it.
Sorry but i just have to reply to this, riann might be a "great nurse" and "passed with flying colors" but, you are missing the whole point and its called NEPOTISIM!!!! No matter who you are THIS is NOT ethical!!!!!
curious

Nolensville, TN

#30 Nov 15, 2012
FED UP wrote:
LMH is on its last leg, see who is left when Wellmont takes over!
Is Wellmont taking over LMH??? I heard that wasn't true??
AlsoCurious

Jonesborough, TN

#31 Nov 16, 2012
I heard mountain states was taking over. It already has the cath lab. Also, Riann Burroughs herself knows she doesn't deserve the job she has but if she is okay with everyone making fun of her behind her back than who am I to say it isn't right????
Get over it

Fort Campbell, TN

#32 Nov 16, 2012
Everyone is always picking on Riann. She is a nurse. A good one at that. There are only two hospitals in this town so give her a break. It's not like her dad took the state exam for her. She went to college. She earned the credits. Stop picking on her.
Hmm

Elizabethton, TN

#33 Nov 16, 2012
Get over it wrote:
Everyone is always picking on Riann. She is a nurse. A good one at that. There are only two hospitals in this town so give her a break. It's not like her dad took the state exam for her. She went to college. She earned the credits. Stop picking on her.
Just glancing over these posts. I know no one involved. If this Riann was put over a bunch of other nurses, that are equally qualified and more experienced. Sounds to me a little fishy, seeing it says her dad is over HR. Don't you think the other ladies or men went to college and earned their credits? Think they were kind of done wrong, seeing they had worked there longer. If you possibly can, do this. Imagine working there, lets say 20 years. Some young nurse is hired and her dad is the one that does the hiring. All of the sudden she gets promoted to a job you would like to have. Now be honest, do you actually think that would be fair?
Been There

Chuckey, TN

#34 Jan 26, 2015
Nothing is fair when it comes to Noah Roark. Yes he did get the position for his daughter Riann just like he got Foundation scholarship for his other daughter to help with college tuition. Noah always gets what he wants no matter who gets hurt in the process. Chuck Whitfield is just a figure head at LMH. He doesn't run the hospital. That task belongs to Noah.
problem solved

Cherryville, NC

#35 Jan 28, 2015
That place has became a shit hole every since Martha Southerland was placed in a different position. Put her back where she belongs and watch lmh rise again. MARTHA KNOWS WTH SHES DOING UNLIKE THE ONE THERE NOW. Until that happens my family and I will go to takoma. If I were dieing I'd want my life in Martha s hands to help me, not this crazy woman there now.
Nope

Newport, TN

#36 Jan 28, 2015
AlsoCurious wrote:
I heard mountain states was taking over. It already has the cath lab. Also, Riann Burroughs herself knows she doesn't deserve the job she has but if she is okay with everyone making fun of her behind her back than who am I to say it isn't right????
Actually wellmont runs the cath lab with LMH staff. Some of the cath lab staff has even been to Holstom Valley for training.
problem solved

Cherryville, NC

#37 Jan 28, 2015
I tell ye what a man orta do is go in air an shove at ink pen he "her dad" used to place er in er position she now has any how back to my story a man otta shove at ink pen right up at lil penis "ats what em nurses says any how at he carries a lil package. I have herd at for years! After at I need to starve my hogs a few days go back chop at sucker off an feed it to em. Then he'd see how us citizens felt when he took ms Southerland away from us. How ye like tha thoughts of atin scammer!
investigation asap

Cherryville, NC

#38 Jan 28, 2015
problem solved wrote:
I tell ye what a man orta do is go in air an shove at ink pen he "her dad" used to place er in er position she now has any how back to my story a man otta shove at ink pen right up at lil penis "ats what em nurses says any how at he carries a lil package. I have herd at for years! After at I need to starve my hogs a few days go back chop at sucker off an feed it to em. Then he'd see how us citizens felt when he took ms Southerland away from us. How ye like tha thoughts of atin scammer!
Riannho ain't you got nothing better ta do then be a judgateer on here lmao. Face it, you suck at what you do! Pretty soon we will only have one hospital in this town cause of you. Thanks to you! I'll be sure to send you Rose's when at day comes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tired of real estate rentals 29 min FriendofDog 6
Father battles Greene County Board of Education 51 min z0neCrew 5
Hair by Brittany bacon!! 54 min Curious 7
The Big Dig on East Church(near Towering Oaks) 1 hr rice_burner 81
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 1 hr Agnus 7,807
Poll Will our beloved WW come back? 1 hr TheUnkownPoster 2
Anybody ever axe you for help? 1 hr Word 4
I'm back! 5 hr Dixie iron fist 10
docters and nurses behaving very badly 6 hr Gville Grad 11
cook out burgers 11 hr Agreed 23