Laughlin Hospital Names Cannon As Director Of Nursing Services

Mar 31, 2011 Full story: The Greenville Sun 33

Brenda Cannon, R.N., has been named the new director of nursing services at Laughlin Memorial Hospital and its affiliated agencies.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Nightingale

United States

#21 Aug 22, 2012
All I have to say is Riann Burroughs did not deserve that job. There are at least 5 more experienced nurses in this Icu that should have gotten it. And when your father is HR director and u hold a position of that magnitude it shows the hard working nurses of lmh that experience means nothing... its who u know. So why should they give a damn about their jobs now...there is no room for advancement. Riann barely met the criteria for that position. Shes inexperienced to say the least and very immature.
Nightingale

United States

#22 Aug 22, 2012
Also Martha southerland did nothing wrong to lose the position she held...just 4 little high school acting bitches took it upon themselves to do her in so their best friend could be their boss.
CUFA

Brentwood, TN

#23 Aug 23, 2012
jwtk wrote:
Is Dr. Boys considered to be one of the good old boys in this group too?
What does Dr Boys have to do with anything? He has no leadership role
jobless

Murfreesboro, TN

#24 Nov 14, 2012
nothing is ever fair when working for laughlin should now that by now if worked for them for any amount of time but what can you do
Get over it

Fort Campbell, TN

#25 Nov 14, 2012
Riann is a great nurse. She didn't get that job because of who her dad is. She went to college and passed the tests. She earned it.
TGF

Fort Campbell, TN

#26 Nov 14, 2012
Ask Susan in admissions who her daddy is and then you can see why they didnt fire her when they had good reason to. Anyone else would have got terminated or demoted for doing what she did. If it was me I would have filed a lawsuit!
Blessed

Fort Campbell, TN

#27 Nov 14, 2012
Brenda Cannon is a great DON
FED UP

Jonesborough, TN

#28 Nov 15, 2012
LMH is on its last leg, see who is left when Wellmont takes over!
TJE

Lake Mary, FL

#29 Nov 15, 2012
Get over it wrote:
Riann is a great nurse. She didn't get that job because of who her dad is. She went to college and passed the tests. She earned it.
Sorry but i just have to reply to this, riann might be a "great nurse" and "passed with flying colors" but, you are missing the whole point and its called NEPOTISIM!!!! No matter who you are THIS is NOT ethical!!!!!
curious

Nolensville, TN

#30 Nov 15, 2012
FED UP wrote:
LMH is on its last leg, see who is left when Wellmont takes over!
Is Wellmont taking over LMH??? I heard that wasn't true??
AlsoCurious

Jonesborough, TN

#31 Nov 16, 2012
I heard mountain states was taking over. It already has the cath lab. Also, Riann Burroughs herself knows she doesn't deserve the job she has but if she is okay with everyone making fun of her behind her back than who am I to say it isn't right????
Get over it

Fort Campbell, TN

#32 Nov 16, 2012
Everyone is always picking on Riann. She is a nurse. A good one at that. There are only two hospitals in this town so give her a break. It's not like her dad took the state exam for her. She went to college. She earned the credits. Stop picking on her.
Hmm

Elizabethton, TN

#33 Nov 16, 2012
Get over it wrote:
Everyone is always picking on Riann. She is a nurse. A good one at that. There are only two hospitals in this town so give her a break. It's not like her dad took the state exam for her. She went to college. She earned the credits. Stop picking on her.
Just glancing over these posts. I know no one involved. If this Riann was put over a bunch of other nurses, that are equally qualified and more experienced. Sounds to me a little fishy, seeing it says her dad is over HR. Don't you think the other ladies or men went to college and earned their credits? Think they were kind of done wrong, seeing they had worked there longer. If you possibly can, do this. Imagine working there, lets say 20 years. Some young nurse is hired and her dad is the one that does the hiring. All of the sudden she gets promoted to a job you would like to have. Now be honest, do you actually think that would be fair?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
US NITROGEN buys 4 dollar horse for 150 k 3 min shortbeard 3
MARSHA BLACKBURN wants EBOLA waste dump in TN 4 min Kohlrabi 5
Anyone know Walter Manuel (Sep '10) 6 min Jewel 63
get rid of Robert Sayne 10 min Get rid of him 65
OBAMA wagging the Ebola for the good of the Dems 10 min Kohlrabi 2
change is good. The Fugitives 12 min nurse 7
CHENEY was he the devils helper ? 18 min Kohlrabi 6
Body found in Greeneville creek 2 hr Mrs Roberson 6
Scintillaire Restaurant 2 hr atethere 25
Greene County Schools 16 hr watching the news 115