Hmmm

York, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2010

What do you think of our local rescue sqaud?
INJURED

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2010

Judged:

IT WOULD BE GOOD IF BILL "CHICO" BROWN WOULD STAY AWAY FROM IT. IF THE SUN WASN'T THERE TO TAKE PICS THEN HE WOULD STAY AWAY!
Your worst nightmare

Fort Campbell, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2010

How about using properly spelled words like "squad"?
Volfirefighter

Elizabethton, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2010

I have been with a vol.firedept for many years and have worked along side with the rescue squad and I have to say the most of them are really great guys.The ones that have been there for many years they know what they are doing and don't try to push others out of the way when helping.The newer ones,thats been there for a few years,have a different attitude.They think since they are in the rescue squad they have the run of things.They also seem to just love to be seen,which you have that in all vol.depts.All and all they are really great and work hard but for the newer ones they need to stand back and take note of the older members.
mr_biggerstaff

Macon, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2010

They are good enough to turn away volunteers lol

Who turns away free help? Duh!
just me

Elizabethton, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2010

been there and done it..i was in squad for a while and loved it.but when ever one started bringing girls up there that wasnt there wives or girlfriends its trouble for everone..oh yeah and hell they was people even living there beds set up and all.but i think they took care of that bull shit.i think they are doing a great job now,,,,,,,
true

Albemarle, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2010

Judged:

Real good friend of mine was in the squad for awhile and he used to tell me about guys bringing women to the station and it wasn't spouses. He said that was one reason he left. From what I've heard there is a few that still does it....You know I would much rather have them standing over me taking care of me then our local EMS. Have seen some of these guys,they have to lay their bellies on the cot and lift it with the patient...Yuk
wife

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2010

Judged:

true wrote:
Real good friend of mine was in the squad for awhile and he used to tell me about guys bringing women to the station and it wasn't spouses. He said that was one reason he left. From what I've heard there is a few that still does it....You know I would much rather have them standing over me taking care of me then our local EMS. Have seen some of these guys,they have to lay their bellies on the cot and lift it with the patient...Yuk
well i sure hope EMS doesn't have to come save your life! lord knows we wouldn't want their stomach to touch you! if someone from Ems is not there how do you think you are gonna get to the hospital? rescue squad isn't offering free rides that i am aware of! Its people like you that makes my husband hate his job that he used to love! No one appreciates these guys that go without seeing their families to try to help yours out! Why don't you try to be thankful for what Ems does for everyone instead of being so judgemental! Thank you Ems and Rescue Squad I appreciate all you do and sacrifice!
Dumb in Greene County

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2010

Judged:

Can we say true is STUPID. Let something happen and lets see who you call. I hate that people can talk smack about all the emergency services here but when they need them they call them. I'm guessing your one of the patients that they didn't give what you wanted like drugs or maybe got in your ass because you was being a bitch or a asshole. I'm in a local VFD and let me tell you they are a bunch of great men and women. Yea its true they can be rude ect but It's people like you that makes them hate their job like wife was saying. I know for a fact they don't put up with bullshit and trash like you and if you had enough guts to say it to their face I'm sure they wouldn't have a problem telling you or anyone else were you could go! All of my respect goes out to all of EMS personnel and the Rescue Squad.
Volfireman

Shelby, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2010

What has happend to the rescue squad? The wreck this morning they had to be paged numerious times and the 911 had to dispatch TVFD to do squads job. Don't they care anymore or is it too cold for them to get out? If we call for them are they going to come. Great job TVFD,way to be there.
ha effen ha

Faith, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2010

Judged:

Volfireman wrote:
What has happend to the rescue squad? The wreck this morning they had to be paged numerious times and the 911 had to dispatch TVFD to do squads job. Don't they care anymore or is it too cold for them to get out? If we call for them are they going to come. Great job TVFD,way to be there.
So what you are saying is Tusculum had to be dispatched and put their manpower, training and life saving equipment to use? The same life saving equipment and training that people were on here raising hell about them spending the money on just a few weeks ago? Ain't that funny! The people of this town (or at least most of them on here) are ungreateful MORONS!!!
oh no

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2010

Squad has really went down hill since Marty Shelton left them. I know the squad hates to face it but the VFD's are fixing to take over the sqaud business. It may not be soon but its coming!
Yea Ha

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2010

oh no wrote:
Squad has really went down hill since Marty Shelton left them. I know the squad hates to face it but the VFD's are fixing to take over the sqaud business. It may not be soon but its coming!
Marty Shelton is why the squad went down hill. Him and all his love affairs at the squad building. Marty Sheltons day will come, may not be soon but its coming. His own family and son will not have anything to do with him.
mr_biggerstaff

Blacksburg, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2010

Omg is his love affairs all that is wrong with the gers
mr_biggerstaff

Blacksburg, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2010

I'm sure if dirty laundry starts flying it could get nasty for a few there that hasn't been caught yet
ha effin ha

Hendersonville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2010

mr_biggerstaff wrote:
Omg is his love affairs all that is wrong with the gers
I'm pleased to see I'm not the only one who gets annoyed by this online mud slinging about people personally. Kudos to you, my friend!
oh no

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2010

Well maybe the squad members now are just not as dedicated or something. Cause its pretty bad when a vfd has a mva and they have to call on their neighboring vfd which has the equipment to get some one out of a vehicle because the sqaud didn't have a truck in rout. The squad is going to be a thing of the past in the near future. It just makes since to let vfd's take over. Response times would be much quicker. I mean come on the squad is covering the whole county from the middle of town. Just doesn't make since to me. Greene Co. Is one of the biggest counties in the state 640 some square miles of roads. Its bound to be better for the citizens of Greene co to let the vfd's take over.
bad news

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2010

thats bad news. its not the first time the county fire dept. has hand to go in place of the rescue squad. few months back had to get baielyton to bail them out on a car wreck . so its not the first and wont be the last . WAY TO GO VFDs.
questioner

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2010

Judged:

Like all the county fire departments in Greene County, the local rescue squad is all volunteer. It is funny that people start bashing the squad but fail to ask how many times county fire departments have been paged and repaged and repaged to a house fire with no response. I have heard of mutual aid fire departments being paged because the primary fire department hadn't responded. What makes the squad different from some of the fire departments? Too many people fond of Marty Shelton? Unlike the mentality of some volunteer fire fighters, most of the people hold at least one or more jobs outside of volunteering with the squad. I haven't heard of a single person quitting their paying job because it took so much of their time to volunteer with the squad. People in the squad work. It is hard for every one of them to be available at any given time 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Ask any of the VFDs, and they probably have the same problem (house fires while members are at work).
supporter of local rescue

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2010

true wrote:
Didn't know it should be required to win a beauty pagnant to be able to work at our local EMS. If their really needed you wouldnt care if they laid their dicks on your forehead.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
south greene football 5 min South Greene Neig... 28
Parker Girls 5 min Kohlrabi 7
DEMOCRATS offer at least 10.10 wage 11 min really 8
FOOD STAMP money should we send it to ISRAEL ? 13 min Kohlrabi 15
Romney will he run again ? 16 min Kohlrabi 2
Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 17 min -Lily- 145,649
Fool me three times a Bush 20 min Kohlrabi 2
Davis Street 47 min Kohlrabi 13
twested scissors 6 hr From Jenny xoxo 8
•••
Greeneville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••