Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2013

Judged:

FCSO's SWAT team conducted a botched operation last week where a person committed suicide. This is the second death that has resulted from tactical operations that FCSO has tried to conduct.

If FCSO doesn't have the skills to conduct this type of operation, they need to call for experienced help
Concerned 2

Enola, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2013

SWAT needs to be a full time job within a department. The only thing a SWAT team member should be doing if NOT on an operation is TRAIN,TRAIN,TRAIN! You can't keep the necessary skills needed by attending a 1 or 2 week basic SWAT school and train for only 8 or 16 hours a month; you have to train everyday. This was the thought when the Conway/Faulkner Metro SWAT team was given birth to. X amount members were to be taken from CPD, and x amount from FCSO. This group was only to train and conduct SWAT operations. As you can see, it didn't work out that way.
Boss Hog

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2013

Y'all are just jealous. Our sheriff done formed him a swat team. Well yee haw! It don't take no high falutin special training to do no swating. Big Andy will show em how to do it in a week or two. You boys just jealous is all. I hear tell he's gonna show all them school teachers how to do some swating too! Good job Andy. If you can't figure it out in a week or two ain't no use anyhow. Go get em big boy.
Concerned

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2013

Concerned 2 wrote:
SWAT needs to be a full time job within a department. The only thing a SWAT team member should be doing if NOT on an operation is TRAIN,TRAIN,TRAIN! You can't keep the necessary skills needed by attending a 1 or 2 week basic SWAT school and train for only 8 or 16 hours a month; you have to train everyday. This was the thought when the Conway/Faulkner Metro SWAT team was given birth to. X amount members were to be taken from CPD, and x amount from FCSO. This group was only to train and conduct SWAT operations. As you can see, it didn't work out that way.
I was told this was the FCSO swat team.. Is the FCSO also part of this metro swat team? Do all cities in the county put officers on it
Conway Twitty

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2013

Judged:

Not anymore they're not. Andy got too big for his britches and decided to have his own little swat team. You see, our current sheriff is a clannish, paranoid, redneck who thinks everyone's out to get him. He figured it would be better to take as much money as he could spend and make his own little Podunk swat team than to save money and keep the FCSO as part of the metro swat. Im sure it's assembled of the finest collection of overweight halfwitted cousins Enola has to offer. He's made a royal mess of the entire FCSO from the detention center, to the swat team, to the investigators, to the reputation of our county. This has got to change. It's time for the leaders of this county and the Republican Party to stand up and do something.
Conway Twitty

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2013

Judged:

The worst part about it is, we have to sit through the various Republican Party gatherings and listen to Andy brag about all this. He actually had the audacity to brag about how much "progress" the FCSO has made over the last year. You should've seen the looks on everybody's faces. It was priceless! A few people couldn't help but openly chuckle. Had he not been so arrogant about it all, I almost would have felt sorry for him. A lot of people in his own party are beginning to think he's delusional.
Bad billy

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2013

Judged:

Dear SO
Get someone trained to use distraction devices and quit shooting a shotgun in the air to attempt to distract the suspect inside a house.

Send your folks to seat school

Get trained negotiators

Duh
Just a thought

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2013

Judged:

Can't give a raise but sure can spend a lot of money to outfit a new swat team when we were part of a metro team with Conway..... For what?? To say " look I have one!"
Just a good ole boy

Euless, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2013

Judged:

The whole idea of this new Shock led SWAT team is laughable to me. I can just picture that group of good ole boys now. All of them dressed in Carhart brown rolling in with a truck bed full of coon dogs, torches lit, racking off rounds from a double-barreled shotgun as they're pulling up. You know, Andy might not of made a bad sheriff if he had been elected about three counties north of here. Faulkner county has become a big county and the sheriff position has become a big job.
Bad Billy

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2013

Judged:

Why did he want his own team to start with? That just means you have to pay for everything, pay for all the training, pay for all the overtime, pay for all the gear. Who is going to patrol the county when there is a swat operation?county is short staffed now.

This sounds like someone is putting their ego in front of county residents needs.
Bad Billy

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2013

Judged:

You have to admit that Andy is a damn good politician though. Got us all to vote for him and then he
1. Fired everyone who did not support him
2. Has done nothing about crime
3. Got a lot of free press pushing Hiland's plan to arm MVE schools because they need security
4. Screwed over MVE schools by assigning his deputies to act as SRO's in the other school districts so he could gather votes and financial support.
5. Fires deputies when escapes happen for failing to follow policy even when their supervisors know what they are doing and approve it
6. Wants his own swat team, throws deputies together before sending everyone to training, spends money needlessly to equip the team...
7. Keeps inmate deaths quiet from everyone
8. Keeps two deaths that happen while deputies are speaking to the suspects quiet.

He is a great politician, just not an effective sheriff or administrator.
Concerned 2

Enola, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2013

Boss Hog wrote:
Y'all are just jealous. Our sheriff done formed him a swat team. Well yee haw! It don't take no high falutin special training to do no swating. Big Andy will show em how to do it in a week or two. You boys just jealous is all. I hear tell he's gonna show all them school teachers how to do some swating too! Good job Andy. If you can't figure it out in a week or two ain't no use anyhow. Go get em big boy.
Judging from the grammar and how Boss Hogs comment was formed; along with Boss Hogs defense of Sheriff Shock, tells me a moron posted the Boss Hog comment.
Concerned 2

Enola, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2013

Judged:

Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
I was told this was the FCSO swat team.. Is the FCSO also part of this metro swat team? Do all cities in the county put officers on it
No, sorry to say. CPD and FCSO are Holier than thou. All departments should have one or two men on it, this would give the SWAT team the manpower needed with out depleting a departments main force. This means SWAT would do nothing but train, serve high risk warrants, and other SWAT operations. I can tell from fact, FCSO DOSES'NT have a SWAT team, they have a SQUAT team. You have members dying because they are unfit; you have members that have just enough skills to be dangerous to themselves and public, not the bad guys. These so called Patriot Groups (Militia's)could kick FCSO SWAT's butt. SWAT members must be as fit, tough, and skilled as Rangers, Green Berets, and Navy Seals. FCSO SWAT is NOT! I can tell you that a big hot pile of dog crap is prime rib, but is it? Don't believe the Sheriff's political propaganda.
Conway Twitty

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2013

Judged:

The main reason we need a SWAT team is the growing network of Mexican drug lords who are setting up shop in our county. If FCSO and metro can't do it, we may need those patriots you mentioned. That is a group that neither side needs to make feel isolated. They NEVER skip an election.
Concerned 2

Enola, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2013

Conway Twitty wrote:
The main reason we need a SWAT team is the growing network of Mexican drug lords who are setting up shop in our county. If FCSO and metro can't do it, we may need those patriots you mentioned. That is a group that neither side needs to make feel isolated. They NEVER skip an election.
I agree!
Patty Cakes

Enola, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2013

Judged:

I was watching television this morning and saw Andy Shock floating down 5th Avenue in New York City.
The Whole Truth

Conway, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2013

Judged:

Conway Police Department knows the real truth why the two teams split. Come on CPD, stop with he lies and tell us the truth. Level 3?
hmmmm

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2013

Do tell

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2013

Sure got quiet
Guest 2

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2013

Andy wanted his own SWAT, has since before he was elected. he posted on the FCSO websites months ago that he had a highly trained SWAT team comprised on 11 deputies. This was before he ever bothered to tell CPD that he no longer wanted to be part of MEtro team.

He even displayed his highly trained swat team to the FCLI group duif a tour of the jail in the summer.

Shock had no intention of rejoining metro until this issue became public.

Not a big deal, if you want your own team, budget for the training and equipment and get them trained before you find yourself without a swat team.

It is financially better for the county to partner with Conway but if you want to spend your money on it, go ahead.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Greenbrier Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 12 min BARNEYII 29,492
Jr Ogle 2 hr Good ol Boy 14
william Boss hogg earl 5 hr Jerry 4
Records Thu Bonehead.com 2
Valerie samples Thu stive 7
Ebola birus Thu Telmesumpin 7
Ferguson - Greenbrier, AR Thu Telmesumpin 1

Search the Greenbrier Forum:
•••
•••