More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark

Jan 2, 2011 Full story: news.yahoo.com 10,156

BEEBE, Ark. Wildlife officials are trying to determine what caused more than 1,000 blackbirds to die and fall from the sky over an Arkansas town.

The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said Saturday that it began receiving reports about the dead birds about 11:30 p.m. the previous night. The birds fell over a 1-mile area of Beebe, and an aerial survey indicated that no other dead birds were found outside of that area. Full Story
Tickle

Little Rock, AR

#10412 Jan 5, 2014
Not to get off topic - were there any wildlife deaths found on New Years Eve or New Years Day?
nope

Oklahoma City, OK

#10416 Jan 7, 2014
None this year. Not in windwood anyways.
dave

Oklahoma City, OK

#10417 Jan 8, 2014
He's right
funny

United States

#10419 Jan 10, 2014
Crazy
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#10422 Jan 20, 2014
On my way to hunt coyotes this morning. Wish me luck..........
Sam I Am

Cherokee Village, AR

#10423 Jan 20, 2014
WARRIOR wrote:
On my way to hunt coyotes this morning. Wish me luck..........
That sounds like fun, Can I go??
Boilermaker

United States

#10424 Jan 20, 2014
Wackadoodles
hardkeith

United States

#10426 Jan 22, 2014
Dave Miller wrote:
You guys need to have them birds tested and don't leave it all to the government .
yea ij had hawk fall from shy and hit my window .it hit sohard it hurt someone.
hardkeith

United States

#10427 Jan 22, 2014
Who can I get to clean my trailer I live in nimmlns,ar
hardkeith

United States

#10428 Jan 22, 2014
Any body know the store close in piggot,it small business gas people proble did not like the serves they stand around and talk to much
hardkeith

United States

#10429 Jan 22, 2014
I phone suck my start smoking out charger now it won't charge and they why don't hook to computet I shoulf bought a different phone .now call back and tell I need a new phone all this shit they make no good even the cars and truck cheap made to high america people .ever thing to dam high but our money won't u to take loan just to buy what u wont'is that shit or what.dollar worth nothing nomore.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#10430 Jan 22, 2014
Took four coyotes yesterday, not good for the 5 of us hunting but at least we got those varmints gone for good.
OlPapaw

United States

#10431 Jan 22, 2014
What you shoot ! Rifle or shotgun?
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#10432 Jan 22, 2014
OlPapaw wrote:
What you shoot ! Rifle or shotgun?
Rifle 30 06. I have many rifles but I always go back to the 06 daddy gave me when I was a kid. And you?
Just wrong

Maumelle, AR

#10433 Jan 22, 2014
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Rifle 30 06. I have many rifles but I always go back to the 06 daddy gave me when I was a kid. And you?
Why would you hunt innocent animals? All you hunters can choke on the big Stromboli . Especially the idiot asking what weapons you used. What differance does it make? We still have 4 dead coyotes. Who cares if Elmer Fudd was walking by and chose to kill these innocent animals or some Huckaby Wannabe planed to exact pain and suffering on these defenseless animals. Who cares we still have the same outcome.
John

Jonesboro, AR

#10434 Jan 23, 2014
Someone has never been duck hunting. You can knock a duck out of the sky and not find a single shot pellet when you clean it. The shock of the noise will drop them. That was a case of a kid with a lot of fireworks.
Old Army

Quitman, AR

#10435 Jan 23, 2014
A year ago when I was last on here someone said we could get 10,000 posts on this topic and I said it would never happen. Just goes to show that idiots out number dead blackbirds (but not live ones mind you, saw thousands of them turn the field in front of my house from brown to black in just minutes yesterday.)
Old Army

Quitman, AR

#10436 Jan 23, 2014
John wrote:
Someone has never been duck hunting. You can knock a duck out of the sky and not find a single shot pellet when you clean it. The shock of the noise will drop them. That was a case of a kid with a lot of fireworks.
Reminds me of a Justin Wilson story about two drunk LSU fans duck hunting from a boat. First Cajin emptied his shotgun at a flock of about twenty and missed them all. Second Cajin fired one shot at the lone straggler and the duck fell into their boat. His friend said "good shot!!". Second one said "What you talkin about, out of a flock of that may I should have killed 10 or nine",
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#10437 Jan 23, 2014
Just wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you hunt innocent animals? All you hunters can choke on the big Stromboli . Especially the idiot asking what weapons you used. What differance does it make? We still have 4 dead coyotes. Who cares if Elmer Fudd was walking by and chose to kill these innocent animals or some Huckaby Wannabe planed to exact pain and suffering on these defenseless animals. Who cares we still have the same outcome.
I have probably killed 5,372 coyotes in my time. I meant innocent coyotes and not once had a Stromboli while doing it. We did have some cheap Little Ceasers pizza once though. I love shooting defenseless animals.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#10439 Jan 24, 2014
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>I have probably killed 5,372 coyotes in my time. I meant innocent coyotes and not once had a Stromboli while doing it. We did have some cheap Little Ceasers pizza once though. I love shooting defenseless animals.
So do I. And then I use those photographs to educate uneducated people......like you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenbrier Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 16 hr Answers 30,631
Carolyn Wallace (Nov '13) Tue i kno 21
Beth Howell Mar 1 Spade 38
FCSO escape Feb 28 Sour Pickle 4
John York ????? Feb 27 loltruestory 8
Cedar Glade (Feb '12) Feb 27 Karl Hessen 30
donnie Hutchinson or EJ trucking (Jul '14) Feb 25 you are a theif 2

Winter Storm Warning for Faulkner County was issued at March 04 at 10:34AM CST

Greenbrier Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Greenbrier People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:08 am PST

NBC Sports 9:08AM
Kendall Langford visiting the defensive tackle-less Lions today
Bleacher Report 9:28 AM
Kendall Langford: Latest News, Rumors and Speculation on Free-Agent DT
Bleacher Report 4:32 AM
Chiefs Final Free-Agency Outlook and Predictions
Bleacher Report 6:35 PM
Should NFL Teams Consider Steep Price of Justin Houston Trade?
NBC Sports 2:56 AM
Kendall Langford has Jets, Saints visits after Lions trip