No

Other (explain below)

Dont Know Much Either

Jonesboro, AR

#26174 Aug 3, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
How ironic !
If that was an excuse please explain to me how the word "could" in caps got in the original post?
Got your 40oz malt liquor and two deep fryers to clean, I guess we will be entertained with your brilliance another Saturday night.
Dont Know Much Either

Jonesboro, AR

#26175 Aug 3, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
And who gave the farmer that command to share his crop with the poor? GOD
Get your head out of your ass and look what I said, If there were no government social welfare it COULD increase the burden on Christians and society as a whole as far as that goes.
Where did you come up with this "Kicker" crap.
That was the point, WHAT IF there was no government intervention.
The Bible instructs that those that can take care of themselves are to do so, read Timothy, it address the welfare state, I know no Christians that begrudge taking care of those that cannot take care of themselves. A good liberal will send money to PETA before Save The Children. Heck, a good liberal would support Planned Parenthood before Saint Jude.
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#26176 Aug 3, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
OH I want to.
I agree with you on the meaning on that. Also in my view one who claims to be Christian should refrain from doing such.
Refrain from saying things like this,
QUOTE;
"The people I am talking about will go to great lengths to give the appearance of helplessness"
When you have insight into their lives, it is no different than saying the sky is blue on a cloudless day. You just don't like the fact that I would say that and your trying to fit me into a false stereotype.
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#26177 Aug 3, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
And who gave the farmer that command to share his crop with the poor? GOD
Get your head out of your ass and look what I said, If there were no government social welfare it COULD increase the burden on Christians and society as a whole as far as that goes.
Where did you come up with this "Kicker" crap.
That was the point, WHAT IF there was no government intervention.
No, it wouldn't increase any burden. Those that need help would get help and those that are trying to work the system would get nothing. The kicker is that you believe government should be in every aspect of our lives yet the ancient Jewish law you cited left the decision to the individual farmer without government intrusion. A conservative point of view if I ever saw one.
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#26178 Aug 3, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did God think it was a good thing?
Because of iniquity perhaps, that they did not offer to strengthen the hand of the poor.
My point is this, caring for the poor is prevalent through out the Bible.
There was no caring for the poor in either Sodom or Gomorrah. They were vile places full of immorality. It was so bad that God decided that there wasn't one single person worth saving. The world became a better place when those two cities were destroyed. That is why God called it a good thing. Listen, I have tried to stay away from the Biblical conversations with you but you keep dragging it back. You don't have a clue of what your saying so why don't you just leave it alone and stick to something you know. Defending liberal ideology. And if I'm not going to talk about Christianity then I would appreciate it if you wouldn't take shots at Christianity simply because you know I agreed not to talk about it.
proverb

Ashburn, VA

#26179 Aug 4, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it wouldn't increase any burden. Those that need help would get help and those that are trying to work the system would get nothing. The kicker is that you believe government should be in every aspect of our lives yet the ancient Jewish law you cited left the decision to the individual farmer without government intrusion. A conservative point of view if I ever saw one.
Also, if I remember correctly, I believe Proverbs 6 tells us to consider the work of the ant, and though the ant has no captain, overseer, or ruler provides for itself supplies in the summer, and gathers its own food in the fall. The warning that follows is for the lazy...with the consequence of poverty to follow.

Of course, the typical response from those that that only pick and chose the areas of scripture that seem to 'prove' their point, are the first ones to ignore, reject, or 'redefine' the areas that don't suit them.

It sounds like a hypocritical...but, of course, it seems like those that have perfected this technique are also the first ones to despise hypocrisy...
Life's funny, isn't it...
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#26180 Aug 4, 2013
proverb wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, if I remember correctly, I believe Proverbs 6 tells us to consider the work of the ant, and though the ant has no captain, overseer, or ruler provides for itself supplies in the summer, and gathers its own food in the fall. The warning that follows is for the lazy...with the consequence of poverty to follow.
Of course, the typical response from those that that only pick and chose the areas of scripture that seem to 'prove' their point, are the first ones to ignore, reject, or 'redefine' the areas that don't suit them.
It sounds like a hypocritical...but, of course, it seems like those that have perfected this technique are also the first ones to despise hypocrisy...
Life's funny, isn't it...
Absolutely. There are countless passages in Proverbs that speak to our responsibility to work. Good point.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#26181 Aug 4, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no caring for the poor in either Sodom or Gomorrah. They were vile places full of immorality. It was so bad that God decided that there wasn't one single person worth saving. The world became a better place when those two cities were destroyed. That is why God called it a good thing. Listen, I have tried to stay away from the Biblical conversations with you but you keep dragging it back. You don't have a clue of what your saying so why don't you just leave it alone and stick to something you know. Defending liberal ideology. And if I'm not going to talk about Christianity then I would appreciate it if you wouldn't take shots at Christianity simply because you know I agreed not to talk about it.
You should stay away from Biblical conversations, God destroyed four cities on that day.

Sodom, Gomorrah, Admah, and Zeboiim ...

(Deuteronomy 29:23, Hosea 11:8).

Location hidden

#26182 Aug 4, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
When you have insight into their lives, it is no different than saying the sky is blue on a cloudless day. You just don't like the fact that I would say that and your trying to fit me into a false stereotype.
It's a lot different, the statement about blue sky is an objective one, insight into their lives, most likely, is purely subjective.

Do you have access to these peoples medical or financial records?
If not, then you are judging.

But it is all good, because if Heaven was free of sinners it would be a lonely place, would it not?

You remind me of the lyrics of an old song;
Go ahead and hate your neighbor,
Go ahead and cheat a friend.
Do it in the name of Heaven,
You can justify it in the end.
Dont Know Much Either

Jonesboro, AR

#26183 Aug 4, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a lot different, the statement about blue sky is an objective one, insight into their lives, most likely, is purely subjective.
But it is all good, because if Heaven was free of sinners it would be a lonely place, would it not?
Yes, that was an antigovernment song, thought you would be aware of it.
barney is a bottomhole

Mountain Home, AR

#26184 Aug 4, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
You should stay away from Biblical conversations, God destroyed four cities on that day.
Sodom, Gomorrah, Admah, and Zeboiim ...
(Deuteronomy 29:23, Hosea 11:8).
Up early this morning after a long night of being butt bumped by those casual Liberal Gay friends that you also work with.
You going to be promoted to "head" fry cook since you do give it so well to so many?

Location hidden

#26185 Aug 4, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
"It was so bad that God decided that there wasn't one single person worth saving."

Nope, you are wrong.

Abraham then inquired of God for mercy at lower numbers (first 45, then 40, then 30, then 20, and finally at 10), with the LORD agreeing each time.[Gen 18:22-33][26] Two of the angels proceeded to Sodom and were met by Abraham's nephew Lot, who convinced the angels to lodge with him, and they ate with Lot.

Would you care to discuss what Lot and his two daughters did after he was spared?

Location hidden

#26186 Aug 4, 2013
Dont Know Much Either wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that was an antigovernment song, thought you would be aware of it.
Truth of the matter, One Tin Soldier is a 60s era anti-war song, and made it to the top of the charts in 1973 and 1974 at the end of the Viet Nam war after it was used in the sound track, of The Legend of Billy Jack.

Any thing else you would like to add to that?
Dont Know Much Either

Jonesboro, AR

#26187 Aug 4, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth of the matter, One Tin Soldier is a 60s era anti-war song, and made it to the top of the charts in 1973 and 1974 at the end of the Viet Nam war after it was used in the sound track, of The Legend of Billy Jack.
Any thing else you would like to add to that?
Yes, the song made the Vietnamese the Mountain people, the US Government the Valley People. I can Google with the best, I also think on my own, which you can't. Poor, poor Barney.

Location hidden

#26188 Aug 4, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
"There was no caring for the poor in either Sodom or Gomorrah"

NO KIDDING, that was what the Bible verse said I posted.

Ezekiel 16:49-50,“Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me:

"there wasn't one single person worth saving"

That is not what the Bible says.

How do you explain Lot's wife being turned into salt if not one person was worth saving?

Seems to me you would have know that.

I do believe your statement was, you would not talk about it, unless some one brought it up first.

NO worries I brought it up.&#9787;

Location hidden

#26189 Aug 4, 2013
Dont Know Much Either wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the song made the Vietnamese the Mountain people, the US Government the Valley People. I can Google with the best, I also think on my own, which you can't. Poor, poor Barney.
In that case you should have thought to "Google" before you posted.

BTW who spews more anti government rhetoric than Reality Check.

"I also think on my own",

you sure do a poor job of showing it.
Dont Know Much Either

Jonesboro, AR

#26190 Aug 4, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
In that case you should have thought to "Google" before you posted.
BTW who spews more anti government rhetoric than Reality Check.
"I also think on my own",
you sure do a poor job of showing it.
His is antigovernment, yours is anti American.
jack

San Jose, CA

#26191 Aug 4, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
"It was so bad that God decided that there wasn't one single person worth saving."
Nope, you are wrong.
Abraham then inquired of God for mercy at lower numbers (first 45, then 40, then 30, then 20, and finally at 10), with the LORD agreeing each time.[Gen 18:22-33][26] Two of the angels proceeded to Sodom and were met by Abraham's nephew Lot, who convinced the angels to lodge with him, and they ate with Lot.
Would you care to discuss what Lot and his two daughters did after he was spared?
Barney...Barney...Barney...why you wanna judge Lot so harshly by bringing up that ugly episode with he and his daughters?
What right do you have to judge the actions of Lot and his daughters?
What judgement are you passing on this trio with your leading question?

After all, in 2 Peter 2:8 God reveals that because Lot was a
righteous man, his soul was vexed by all of the evil around him.
Barney, you aren't guilty of passing your own judgment on Lot, are you?

Greenbrier, AR

#26192 Aug 4, 2013
O- blow me says he against those temporary jobs the pipe line will have.. That dumb bassterd thinks those bridge jobs he keeps harping on is permanent ones it seems.. After that bridge is built how many people does it take to run it?? Hmmm. Typical democrat $hit!!
thats not what the bible

San Jose, CA

#26193 Aug 4, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, Barney, your very words reveal what a simplistic thinker you are and how very little you actually know compared to what you think you know.
You should consider removing the plank from your judging eye as you try to reveal the speck in the eyes of others. It would certainly clear your vision.
You are the epitome of the very thing you claim to detest...but you are only wise in your own eyes. Better keep that mirror close by!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenbrier Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
shaver stoves maybe the will see this (Aug '08) 12 hr JoAnne Arnold 155
Rocky Lawrence 12 hr Willie 1
Andy Shock getting sued (Jul '14) Mon Wolf 37
Austin Payne Feb 5 James Bond 007 3
Who is this punk Roy Martin that's picking on t... Feb 4 Louis Lowe Ashflat 1
sum girl Feb 2 guest 1
Dean Brown-mechanic... good or bad? (Oct '09) Feb 1 Guest 10
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greenbrier Mortgages