Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Since: Dec 10

Washington DC

#26139 Aug 2, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think Welfare, SSI, and food stamps have not become entitlements then I now have a greater understanding of why you support liberalism. You have never been exposed to the lives these individuals live. You are ignorant of the meat and potatoes of the issue. You are only looking at the numbers and listening to the left wing spin of those numbers. I agree that entitlement was set up to mean exactly what you said. HOWEVER, the prevelent thought is that income and corporate taxes on the wealthy should go up so that those receiving welfare, SSI, and food stamps may have a better quality of life which makes those programs entitlements. If funds are taken out of a person's income for a dedicated program, that program is an entitlement. You can't get around that even if you use the historical definition of entitlements. That should explain why conservatives see the word entitlement as dirty. You should too.
"If funds are taken out of a person's income for a dedicated program, that program is an entitlement"

Damn, where did you get such and idea?

OH I know, that came from my post that you are issuing this rebuttal to.

"Entitlement programs either the recipient, or the recipient employer has paid into those funds and are entitled to get their money back"

Washington DC

#26140 Aug 2, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think Welfare, SSI, and food stamps have not become entitlements then I now have a greater understanding of why you support liberalism. You have never been exposed to the lives these individuals live. You are ignorant of the meat and potatoes of the issue. You are only looking at the numbers and listening to the left wing spin of those numbers. I agree that entitlement was set up to mean exactly what you said. HOWEVER, the prevelent thought is that income and corporate taxes on the wealthy should go up so that those receiving welfare, SSI, and food stamps may have a better quality of life which makes those programs entitlements. If funds are taken out of a person's income for a dedicated program, that program is an entitlement. You can't get around that even if you use the historical definition of entitlements. That should explain why conservatives see the word entitlement as dirty. You should too.
First, I am a meat and potatoes type of person, and I can tell you that your idea that;

"income and corporate taxes on the wealthy should go up so that those receiving welfare, SSI, and food stamps may have a better quality of life"

Is only a PREVALANT thought among the ultra conservative, and racial bigots.

People who cannot grasp the concept that the cost to society would be much greater without a social welfare safety blanket.

Not to mention the moral baggage that a Christian COULD add to the equation of not having a social welfare program.

After all you said this Country is a Christian country founded by Christians.

Entitlement is a bad word, A quote by a self professed Christian.

As I have said before, it's not Christians I have a problem with,
its the Hypocrites claiming to be Christians that tar my roof.

Washington DC

#26141 Aug 2, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
Is the media finally realizing that Obama is bad for America? CNN came out with a report about the corruption of the IRS and the FEC that blistered the Obama administration. The report was about the collusion between the two when they shared information about conservative's tax records in the 2012 elections. That's illegal and a government no-no. The report also cited the extreme pressure that FBI agents were under to remain silent. The Obama administration was even cited by an anonymous FBI agent that said agents, who were conducting the investigation, and their families were threatened if they didn't keep silent. ABC also had a report today that said, though the unemployment rate dipped to 7.4% that we shouldn't get excited because it has more to do with a reduction in labor participation than actual jobs created. We're talking about CNN and ABC, not Fox News. Believe me, I'm not getting too excited because I know those two organizations are still in the tank for Obama but it was nice to see actual Journalism coming from them instead of liberal spin.
"anonymous FBI agent"

Now that phrase really says a lot about "actual Journalism" .

Washington DC

#26142 Aug 2, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
Is the media finally realizing that Obama is bad for America? CNN came out with a report about the corruption of the IRS and the FEC that blistered the Obama administration. The report was about the collusion between the two when they shared information about conservative's tax records in the 2012 elections. That's illegal and a government no-no. The report also cited the extreme pressure that FBI agents were under to remain silent. The Obama administration was even cited by an anonymous FBI agent that said agents, who were conducting the investigation, and their families were threatened if they didn't keep silent. ABC also had a report today that said, though the unemployment rate dipped to 7.4% that we shouldn't get excited because it has more to do with a reduction in labor participation than actual jobs created. We're talking about CNN and ABC, not Fox News. Believe me, I'm not getting too excited because I know those two organizations are still in the tank for Obama but it was nice to see actual Journalism coming from them instead of liberal spin.
Do you think the 162,000 NET jobs created had a bit to do with the drop.

No reason to get excited at all, this was just the 34th-straight month of job creation. A gain, but way short of what is needed.

Just imagine what it could have been without Republican obstruction.
Reality Check

Camden, AR

#26143 Aug 2, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
"If funds are taken out of a person's income for a dedicated program, that program is an entitlement"
Damn, where did you get such and idea?
OH I know, that came from my post that you are issuing this rebuttal to.
"Entitlement programs either the recipient, or the recipient employer has paid into those funds and are entitled to get their money back"
Let me help you with your own quote. You said: "They are not the same, just as their name suggests.

Social Security and Medicare ,unemployment, are entitlement programs and by far make up the bulk of that 62%.

Medicaid, SSI, food stamps, and housing assistance would be Welfare programs." What you are referencing above is the part of your quote I agreed with. What I was referring to was personal income tax for the sole purpose of funding welfare, SSI, and food stamps making them entitlements even though most of the recipients never paid into those programs. Of course, you already knew that and was just trying to turn it around. It's the definition of entitlement that has changed thanks to liberalism infecting our once great nation.
Reality Check

Camden, AR

#26144 Aug 2, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
"anonymous FBI agent"
Now that phrase really says a lot about "actual Journalism" .
We're talking about CNN so I know that "actual journalism" is rare. Would you want your name known if you were telling that about an administration that was threatening you and your family? I sure hope not.
Reality Check

Camden, AR

#26145 Aug 2, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
No reason to get excited at all, this was just the 34th-straight month of job creation. A gain, but way short of what is needed.
ABC cited that the reason it dropped was more about the lack of labor participation than actual jobs created (net or gross). You still don't get it do you? You only get hung up on the feel-good numbers. I mean, with almost 3 straight years of jobs growth, the participation rate must be in the 80% range by now. Right? I know you and the Obama administration care how many American's are working and paying taxes, or does "everyone getting a fair shot" only apply to 50%-60% of the nation? It explains alot if that's the case. You ask where we would be if there were no Republican obstruction. I would say 9.5% unemployment with 45% participation rate. That's giving Obama the benefit of the doubt, that he actually wants America to succeed, of course.
Guestless

Jonesboro, AR

#26146 Aug 2, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Now if he could only think of a way to come up with full time jobs.

Washington DC

#26147 Aug 2, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me help you with your own quote. You said: "They are not the same, just as their name suggests.
Social Security and Medicare ,unemployment, are entitlement programs and by far make up the bulk of that 62%.
Medicaid, SSI, food stamps, and housing assistance would be Welfare programs." What you are referencing above is the part of your quote I agreed with. What I was referring to was personal income tax for the sole purpose of funding welfare, SSI, and food stamps making them entitlements even though most of the recipients never paid into those programs. Of course, you already knew that and was just trying to turn it around. It's the definition of entitlement that has changed thanks to liberalism infecting our once great nation.
How can you call SSI, food stamps, and entitlement after just saying,

"even though most of the recipients never paid into those programs"

and you could not be more wrong about food stamps.

Among SNAP households with at least one working-age, non-disabled adult, more than half work while receiving SNAP — and more than 80 percent work in the year prior to or the year after receiving SNAP. The rates are even higher for families with children — more than 60 percent work while receiving SNAP, and almost 90 percent work in the prior or subsequent year.(See Figure 1.)[3]

http://www.cbpp.org/cms/...

Based on your theory, tax dollars are used, so it is a entitlement program.

That would make the Department of Defense one Hell of a entitlement program, wouldn't it?

Have you ever seen a exclusive tax deduction for SNAP, or Welfare on a pay check stub, as you said, money was collected just for that purpose, like Social Security or Medicare does?
Guestless

Jonesboro, AR

#26148 Aug 2, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you call SSI, food stamps, and entitlement after just saying,
"even though most of the recipients never paid into those programs"
and you could not be more wrong about food stamps.
Among SNAP households with at least one working-age, non-disabled adult, more than half work while receiving SNAP — and more than 80 percent work in the year prior to or the year after receiving SNAP. The rates are even higher for families with children — more than 60 percent work while receiving SNAP, and almost 90 percent work in the prior or subsequent year.(See Figure 1.)[3]
http://www.cbpp.org/cms/...
Based on your theory, tax dollars are used, so it is a entitlement program.
That would make the Department of Defense one Hell of a entitlement program, wouldn't it?
Have you ever seen a exclusive tax deduction for SNAP, or Welfare on a pay check stub, as you said, money was collected just for that purpose, like Social Security or Medicare does?
Are you in the percentage that worked prior to drawing?
Reality Check

Camden, AR

#26149 Aug 2, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
First, I am a meat and potatoes type of person, and I can tell you that your idea that;
"income and corporate taxes on the wealthy should go up so that those receiving welfare, SSI, and food stamps may have a better quality of life"
Is only a PREVALANT thought among the ultra conservative, and racial bigots.
People who cannot grasp the concept that the cost to society would be much greater without a social welfare safety blanket.
Not to mention the moral baggage that a Christian COULD add to the equation of not having a social welfare program.
After all you said this Country is a Christian country founded by Christians.
Entitlement is a bad word, A quote by a self professed Christian.
I never said we shouldn't have a safety blanket. I said the one we have is broken and have also gone so far as to say that there are those that really need help that can't get it because we have leeches, pretending to be needy, that suck up funds before they can get to those that really need help. Again, you have a gross misunderstanding of what a Christian is so you REALLY need to study it before you go ignorantly blurting out liberal talking points about Christians. For example, the Westboro Baptist Church is an established church that claims to be Christian but I can assure you they are not.

Washington DC

#26150 Aug 2, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
ABC cited that the reason it dropped was more about the lack of labor participation than actual jobs created (net or gross). You still don't get it do you? You only get hung up on the feel-good numbers. I mean, with almost 3 straight years of jobs growth, the participation rate must be in the 80% range by now. Right? I know you and the Obama administration care how many American's are working and paying taxes, or does "everyone getting a fair shot" only apply to 50%-60% of the nation? It explains alot if that's the case. You ask where we would be if there were no Republican obstruction. I would say 9.5% unemployment with 45% participation rate. That's giving Obama the benefit of the doubt, that he actually wants America to succeed, of course.
No, you do not get it, if you do, you do a damn good job of hiding it.

The recession killed off 7.9 million jobs, I do not give a Rats ass about a labor participation percentage that has been dropping for several straight years, in large part due to baby boomers retiring and when you lose 7.9 million jobs, what do you expect?

The fact is, new people becoming work eligible every day. The economy must create enough jobs each month for them and gain some of the 7.9 Mill. jobs back.

If you have not notice we still have a high UE rate and a Republican Majority House not doing a damn thing about it
because the economy is doing well enough to produce those jobs and regaining some of the 7.9 million lost jobs.

Big business continues to line their pockets with cash, big business is happy, that makes Republicans ecstatic.

Some of the people who voted Republican crying,

'WORST PRESIDENT EVER'

I said some, because the Republican base is starting to turn on its own. Look at Mitch McConnell the incumbent Senator trailing in the polls to a Democrat not to mention having to fight it out with a another Republican for the GOP nomination.

Washington DC

#26151 Aug 2, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said we shouldn't have a safety blanket. I said the one we have is broken and have also gone so far as to say that there are those that really need help that can't get it because we have leeches, pretending to be needy, that suck up funds before they can get to those that really need help. Again, you have a gross misunderstanding of what a Christian is so you REALLY need to study it before you go ignorantly blurting out liberal talking points about Christians. For example, the Westboro Baptist Church is an established church that claims to be Christian but I can assure you they are not.
Let me help you out here a bit with your constant struggle of comprehending the written word.

1."Is only a PREVALENT thought among the ultra conservative, and racial bigots. People who cannot grasp the concept that the cost to society would be much greater without a social welfare safety blanket.

I do not care what you say you do not understand it. This last post proves it. You are going to have fraud in any program.

BTW, that you just included yourself in the above,
ultra conservative and or a racial bigot.

But check out much fraud has dropped in the food stamp program the last few years.

2.Entitlement is a bad word, A quote by a self professed Christian.

Is that not a true statement, or was it, as you like to say
"liberal talking points about Christians.

Nothing derogatory about Christians there.

I WILL TELL YOU AGAIN..........

Its the ignorant, ultra conservatives, and racial bigots, and
Hypocrites claiming to be Christians that I find despicable .

Reality Check

Camden, AR

#26152 Aug 2, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you do not get it, if you do, you do a damn good job of hiding it.
The recession killed off 7.9 million jobs, I do not give a Rats ass about a labor participation percentage that has been dropping for several straight years, in large part due to baby boomers retiring and when you lose 7.9 million jobs, what do you expect?
The fact is, new people becoming work eligible every day. The economy must create enough jobs each month for them and gain some of the 7.9 Mill. jobs back.
If you have not notice we still have a high UE rate and a Republican Majority House not doing a damn thing about it
because the economy is doing well enough to produce those jobs and regaining some of the 7.9 million lost jobs.
Big business continues to line their pockets with cash, big business is happy, that makes Republicans ecstatic.
Some of the people who voted Republican crying,
'WORST PRESIDENT EVER'
I said some, because the Republican base is starting to turn on its own. Look at Mitch McConnell the incumbent Senator trailing in the polls to a Democrat not to mention having to fight it out with a another Republican for the GOP nomination.
Obama still has 2/3 to work with. He just doesn't know how to lead. The low participation rate speaks to a larger problem. Your right, the baby boomers are retiring. The fact that we now have a generation that buys into the propaganda of "we're all winners in life". I had a guy with an 8th grade education actually tell me that he wouldn't come to work for less than 65K per year. He's still unemployed as far as I know. These up and coming kids don't want to work their way up. They want the big bucks now. At least 85% aren't even qualified to work at McDonald's. Our culture is telling them that all they need to do is believe in themselves to be successful. No one is telling them they need to work and work hard to really succeed. They go out believing that garbage and the next thing you know they are disgruntled and they simply give up. We are finding out now that those "Republicans" you mentioned and many you didn't are actually progressives that have been acting like Republicans for a long time. It's only because there is a new breed of politicians that are actually trying to follow the Constitution that has shed light on the faux Republicans. So there's a rift in the party. You should be happy to know that you only thought you had 2/3 of government but in reality you actually had all three branches and have had for quite some time. I could never figure out why the Republicans kept getting it handed to them when negotiating with the Democrats. It's becoming quite clear now.

Washington DC

#26153 Aug 2, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama still has 2/3 to work with. He just doesn't know how to lead. The low participation rate speaks to a larger problem. Your right, the baby boomers are retiring. The fact that we now have a generation that buys into the propaganda of "we're all winners in life". I had a guy with an 8th grade education actually tell me that he wouldn't come to work for less than 65K per year. He's still unemployed as far as I know. These up and coming kids don't want to work their way up. They want the big bucks now. At least 85% aren't even qualified to work at McDonald's. Our culture is telling them that all they need to do is believe in themselves to be successful. No one is telling them they need to work and work hard to really succeed. They go out believing that garbage and the next thing you know they are disgruntled and they simply give up. We are finding out now that those "Republicans" you mentioned and many you didn't are actually progressives that have been acting like Republicans for a long time. It's only because there is a new breed of politicians that are actually trying to follow the Constitution that has shed light on the faux Republicans. So there's a rift in the party. You should be happy to know that you only thought you had 2/3 of government but in reality you actually had all three branches and have had for quite some time. I could never figure out why the Republicans kept getting it handed to them when negotiating with the Democrats. It's becoming quite clear now.
"2/3 of government" That is just laughable, and a great example of your political ignorance.

Presently, a minority of senators are engaged in unprecedented obstructionism to block legislation and bring judicial confirmations to a crawl.

"There’s a simple reason for this disparity. It may only take 60 votes to get something accomplished in the Senate, but it takes 100 votes to do so quickly".

If the Dems had 60 votes in the Senate, then they would control two of the three branches.
Dont Know Nothing

Medford, OR

#26154 Aug 2, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
You and other liberals always come from the position of "we bought your product and now your rich and evil" standpoint, yet nobody twisted your arm to buy the services or products. I will never get that. If you think someone is too rich or evil then stop shopping with them. You don't see the 70-80 hour weeks that many of these "rich evil" people go through. All you look at are quarterly earnings reports and wish that someone would take from them and give to you so you can continue working the 40 hour or less week you work yet increase your lifestyle. It's insulting but it clearly shows how little you know about business so I really can't take much offense.
You are still missing the whole point. So what you are saying is you would not tax corporations anything correct? Then where would revenue to build the roads and bridges come from then to go to work at these corporations? Are you implying that you would then double the tax rate for the wealthy to make up for the revenue loss that you would be taking out of the economy? You cannot have both schools, bridges, roads, and any sort of infrastructure, and tax corporations at 0%, period. You do realize that I said nothing about Chinese products and even though your ignorance impels you to tell me about how they were the first to bring over Chinese manufactured goods. I do not care. I was stating the facts on how the company was started, and it was started with AMERICAN made goods. The company has also stated a reinvestment plan to bring in over $10B dollars worth of American made products to its shelves, who cares if they were the first to bring Chinese goods to the table, you are still living in the past. No, the reason behind Chinese goods being sold along with overseas manufactured parts here in the US all started with NAFTA. It was a dumb decision that each side messed up on. It is what America wanted at the time and now we are paying a price; however, all things will soon end as Chinese wages are rising along with skyrocketing utilities that are now sending factories back tot he US, as they find it cheaper to manufacture at home. No one is blaming anyone. You just view it that way. If someone wants to take the risk in opening a business and that business fails then yes they deserve to lose the capitol that was invested to start the business, it is only fair and just. You are not looking for a hand out now are you? Who is talking about evil besides you? I never said or complained about the goods or services that I have bought or received. Are you talking about 70-80 hour weeks for CEO's and business owners? I could care less. They get paid rewardingly for the jobs that they do and more than most require less intellect or skill than the laborers they demand. You tell me how taxing the rich at a higher rate increases any benefits received by welfare recipients, unemployed, or the poor. Those funds are used for infrastructure, technological advancement, and academic advancement. So where is your logic? I know more than you and your pathetic buddies you claim to have that own or operate businesses. That is why they are failing. Do not say they are not because you clearly stated that they are, but only after Obama has been in office, do not forget that. Like I stated before, I have started, operated, and help start SUCCESSFUL business's that are still operating today with increased revenue. You know how that happens? Quit whining because things are not going your way and look for better ways to adapt your business to the changing economy. That is how you run a successful business, not by complaining to your customer base about a supposedly awful economy and poor work ethic.
Looker

Jonesboro, AR

#26155 Aug 2, 2013
Dont Know Nothing wrote:
<quoted text>You are still missing the whole point. So what you are saying is you would not tax corporations anything correct? Then where would revenue to build the roads and bridges come from then to go to work at these corporations? Are you implying that you would then double the tax rate for the wealthy to make up for the revenue loss that you would be taking out of the economy? You cannot have both schools, bridges, roads, and any sort of infrastructure, and tax corporations at 0%, period. You do realize that I said nothing about Chinese products and even though your ignorance impels you to tell me about how they were the first to bring over Chinese manufactured goods. I do not care. I was stating the facts on how the company was started, and it was started with AMERICAN made goods. The company has also stated a reinvestment plan to bring in over $10B dollars worth of American made products to its shelves, who cares if they were the first to bring Chinese goods to the table, you are still living in the past. No, the reason behind Chinese goods being sold along with overseas manufactured parts here in the US all started with NAFTA. It was a dumb decision that each side messed up on. It is what America wanted at the time and now we are paying a price; however, all things will soon end as Chinese wages are rising along with skyrocketing utilities that are now sending factories back tot he US, as they find it cheaper to manufacture at home. No one is blaming anyone. You just view it that way. If someone wants to take the risk in opening a business and that business fails then yes they deserve to lose the capitol that was invested to start the business, it is only fair and just. You are not looking for a hand out now are you? Who is talking about evil besides you? I never said or complained about the goods or services that I have bought or received. Are you talking about 70-80 hour weeks for CEO's and business owners? I could care less. They get paid rewardingly for the jobs that they do and more than most require less intellect or skill than the laborers they demand. You tell me how taxing the rich at a higher rate increases any benefits received by welfare recipients, unemployed, or the poor. Those funds are used for infrastructure, technological advancement, and academic advancement. So where is your logic? I know more than you and your pathetic buddies you claim to have that own or operate businesses. That is why they are failing. Do not say they are not because you clearly stated that they are, but only after Obama has been in office, do not forget that. Like I stated before, I have started, operated, and help start SUCCESSFUL business's that are still operating today with increased revenue. You know how that happens? Quit whining because things are not going your way and look for better ways to adapt your business to the changing economy. That is how you run a successful business, not by complaining to your customer base about a supposedly awful economy and poor work ethic.
You actually want us to believe that you know enough to start and run a business?

Greenbrier, AR

#26156 Aug 3, 2013
Theft by deception is not a business!!!!
Looker

Jonesboro, AR

#26157 Aug 3, 2013
Guest wrote:
Theft by deception is not a business!!!!
It is with the Obama phones
Reality Check

Camden, AR

#26158 Aug 3, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me help you out here a bit with your constant struggle of comprehending the written word.
1."Is only a PREVALENT thought among the ultra conservative, and racial bigots. People who cannot grasp the concept that the cost to society would be much greater without a social welfare safety blanket.
I do not care what you say you do not understand it. This last post proves it. You are going to have fraud in any program.
BTW, that you just included yourself in the above,
ultra conservative and or a racial bigot.
But check out much fraud has dropped in the food stamp program the last few years.
2.Entitlement is a bad word, A quote by a self professed Christian.
Is that not a true statement, or was it, as you like to say
"liberal talking points about Christians.
Nothing derogatory about Christians there.
I WILL TELL YOU AGAIN..........
Its the ignorant, ultra conservatives, and racial bigots, and
Hypocrites claiming to be Christians that I find despicable .
Apparantly, you also have a misunderstanding of how the recipients I am speaking of view entitlements. It is a status symbol that is greatly sought after. The people I am talking about will go to great lengths to give the appearance of helplessnes. They see it as a better quality of life w/o having to work for it. An early retirement if you will.

How can you find something dipicable that you don't even understand? Isn't that hypocritical? But please, if you understand Christianity, please explain it to me so I may issue you a well deserved apology, which I will gladly give. I can assure you that not having a safety net would mean no moral baggage to any true Christian. The moral baggage we carry is not reliant on any government program. You give the government WAY too much credit for their importance and role in our society where morality is concerned. Again, you grossly misunderstand what a Christian is. I do not care what you say, you do not understand it (sound familiar?). I have agreed not to speak to you on a personal level about it so I won't but.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenbrier Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
AR Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Arkansas ... (Oct '10) 4 hr guest 1,775
AR Exit polls: Boozman defeats 2-term incumbent Li... (Nov '10) 4 hr guest 849
AR Who do you support for Secretary of State in Ar... (Oct '10) 4 hr guest 239
AR Who do you support for Auditor in Arkansas in 2... (Oct '10) 5 hr guest 255
AR Who do you support for Commissioner of State La... (Oct '10) 5 hr guest 272
AR Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in A... (Oct '10) 5 hr guest 397
AR Who do you support for Governor in Arkansas in ... (Oct '10) 6 hr Peter Built 953
•••
•••
Greenbrier Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Greenbrier Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Greenbrier People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE