Hubble | The Columbus Dispatch

Hubble | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 8 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Apr 24, 2010, titled Hubble | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

A dying star that was once five times the mass of the sun is at the center of this butterfly nebula inside the Milky Way galaxy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

Bring Hubble Home

Blacklick, OH

#1 Apr 24, 2010
I know it is just a "thing", but the Hubble Space Telescope deserves a better fate than eventual abandonment in orbit or fiery obliteration. If it is possible Hubble should be brought back to Earth. The Smithsonian is a fitting resting place for this magnificant eye in the sky.
Hubble Bubble

Columbus, OH

#2 Apr 24, 2010
They could bring it back if they wanted to. I agree that it would make a great exhibit. The cost to do that would be a little high I would assume. We could start a "Hubble Bubble" fund, to raise money to get it retrofitted with some parachutes or maybe the shuttle could place it in its' cargo hold and bring it back?
American Patriot

Columbus, OH

#3 Apr 24, 2010
Keep Hubble aloft and working for as long as possible!

I am not happy the United States of America will be dependent on Russia, Japan, China and perhaps India for manned space flight whether to the International Space Station, the moon, Mars or beyond.

Isn't it true that when funding for the space station ends the facility will be abandoned and directed (programmed) to crash into the Atlantic or Pacific Ocean? Won't Hubble meet a comparable fate?

America should not abandon space exploration and we should not be dependent on other countries for our space travel needs; we're not a 3rd world or 'developing' country.
wild

Columbus, OH

#4 Apr 24, 2010
well said to ALL the comments here :)
------------GAR- -----142

Pleasantville, OH

#5 Apr 24, 2010
Bring Hubble Home wrote:
I know it is just a "thing", but the Hubble Space Telescope deserves a better fate than eventual abandonment in orbit or fiery obliteration. If it is possible Hubble should be brought back to Earth. The Smithsonian is a fitting resting place for this magnificant eye in the sky.
While reading D-print this morning and in past, I thought the same as you. H-Scope should be brought home now that it's out lived its use.(I'd rather see it housed at Wright/Pat A.F. Museum. I'd be able to visit there.)
John Glenn

Ft Mitchell, KY

#6 Apr 24, 2010
What a joke Armstrong and Aldrin were last week, crying about the need to freeze NASA in a time warp.

At 1 Billion per launch the low-yield Shuttle is finally getting retired, and Obama's admin will review NASA in a comprehensive way. I don't believe they will fund much beyond unmanned missions in this time of fiscal crisis -- saw a cool site; Balkingpoints ; incredible satellite view of earth
HJackson

Elfrida, AZ

#7 Apr 24, 2010
Awesome photos, awesome project. Thanks for the article.
Rob

Columbus, OH

#8 Apr 24, 2010
HORAAY for hubble! if only we could get this much bang for our buck out of the rest of goverment, we would rule all reality!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenbelt Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Donald Trump Blasts Mark Zuckerberg On Immigration (Aug '15) Jun '16 Family Research C... 4
Man by the name of "Mamud Sesay" (Mar '12) Jun '16 fayemarie5 3
Tribute to Dr. Aubrey C. Land (Apr '14) May '16 wjabbe 3
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Maryland (... (Oct '10) May '16 American 8
The Ocean Survives Forever Apr '16 What is the Silve... 1
News 300 Scientists Want NOAA To Stop Hiding Its Glo... Apr '16 litesong 102
tutor Mar '16 neeraj 2

Greenbelt Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greenbelt Mortgages