Mayor floats office plan

Mayor floats office plan

There are 12 comments on the Loudon County News story from Aug 24, 2013, titled Mayor floats office plan. In it, Loudon County News reports that:

After Loudon County Commission previously considered a plan to build onto the administrative office building in Loudon for $300,000, Mayor Estelle Herron on Monday proposed an alternative method to address spacing concerns.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Loudon County News.

GCG

Knoxville, TN

#1 Aug 26, 2013
If they do this then the SB will have ample meeting space and won't have to run off the the mountains next year. They can use the money that would have been spent on that trip to help fund the new roof.
GCG

Knoxville, TN

#2 Aug 26, 2013
Run off to the mountains next year. Sorry
Please

Knoxville, TN

#3 Aug 26, 2013
Why does Estelle Herron need more space Does she need more space for her new furniture? How many more offices and jobs does she want to create for her "friends"?
Office Space

Loudon, TN

#4 Aug 26, 2013
They could use the trailers that that students have been using at Loudon Elementary School.
GCG

Knoxville, TN

#5 Aug 26, 2013
Office Space wrote:
They could use the trailers that that students have been using at Loudon Elementary School.
How dare you even suggest we put our higher ups in a trailer those trailers are only good enough for the kids and the future of this community but not them. Don't you know how important they are. If you don't know how important they are ask them they will be happy to tell you.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#6 Aug 27, 2013
GCG wrote:
<quoted text>
How dare you even suggest we put our higher ups in a trailer those trailers are only good enough for the kids and the future of this community but not them. Don't you know how important they are. If you don't know how important they are ask them they will be happy to tell you.
What's good enough for the kids is good enough for them. Set those trailers up on the courthouse lawn, with no plumbing. When they need restroom facilities they can run to the main building.
As Leroy Tate said, you don't need a Taj Mahal.
GCG

Knoxville, TN

#7 Aug 27, 2013
I fear you didn't pick up on the sarcasm I was layin down. I was trying to say that it is rediculous that those trailers are good enough for our kids but our higher ups would be caught anywhere near them.
GCG

Knoxville, TN

#8 Aug 27, 2013
Wouldn't be caught anywhere near them.
Trailer Trash

Knoxville, TN

#9 Aug 27, 2013
They can hold thier meeting down here off Browder Road on Frances Road. I'll let them use my double wide.

Location hidden

#10 Aug 27, 2013
GCG wrote:
I fear you didn't pick up on the sarcasm I was layin down. I was trying to say that it is rediculous that those trailers are good enough for our kids but our higher ups would be caught anywhere near them.
I got your sarcasm. I was just playing along.
My sarcasm detector is very sharp.

Location hidden

#11 Aug 31, 2013
They should soon have enough revenue for whatever Estelle's bureaucrats decide they need to build for themselves.

Estelle Herron set the stage as Trustee - along with Terry Vann, the county's 'delinquent tax attorney' whom she hired - for a large influx of cash into the county's coffers from a Trustee's office lawsuit which she filed shortly before becoming mayor.

In mid-2010, after learning she had been anointed as the next county mayor by the county GOP, Trustee Estelle Herron filed in chancery court what was called the "largest lawsuit ever" by that office for collection of delinquent property taxes. Those collections may already be coming in.

Why was the lawsuit so large?
Simply because Estelle and Terry Vann had not done their jobs for so long.

But it makes for bad PR if you leave a mess like that for the next Trustee to clean up.(He/she might complain.)

Another dynamic which drove that lawsuit was undoubtedly that Mark Matlock - one of Estelle's opponents in the mayoral primary - owed quite a bit in delinquent taxes.

Since Matlock is a former business partner of Terry Vann, you can let him slide on his delinquent tax debt. But when he files to run against you that changes everything.

Get this post deleted, Estelle. I can repost it quite easily.

Location hidden

#12 Sep 5, 2013
So did Estelle Herron's office plan continue to "float" at the commission meeting? Or did it sink in Watts Bar Lake Tuesday evening?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenback Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man shot multiple times in south Knoxville (Mar '08) 4 hr monkey village na... 69
East TN Pain Clinic Review (Apr '10) 5 hr Wondering 1,085
Meteorologist always wrong 12 hr Sam 2
a coworker that uses drugs how to tell my manger (Dec '13) 13 hr been there 32
Greenback Music Thread (Sep '13) Apr 29 Musikologist 7
good movies???? Mar '15 Philly1954 1
Okay! Everybody Mom, Chasatie, and Renns Lotto Mar '15 UlaswiczBH 1
More from around the web

Greenback People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]