Border Bandits Strike Close To Home

Border Bandits Strike Close To Home

There are 11 comments on the CBS News story from Oct 15, 2007, titled Border Bandits Strike Close To Home. In it, CBS News reports that:

Five nights a week, seven deputies play a cat-and-mouse game with desert bandits wreaking havoc just miles from some of Arizona's retirement communities.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS News.

American Eagle

United States

#2 Oct 16, 2007
Arizona, California, and the rest of the Southern States are getting the shaft from the Fed Gov!!!

----------

What kind of person responds to a routine traffic stop with a blazing gun?

The shooter would have to be stupid, psychopathic, intoxicated to the point of insanity or wanted for some terrible crime.

Such people aren't like the rest of us.

Yet police officers know enough to expect anyone they stop to fit any or all of those descriptions. On any day. In any car. That is one of the hard facts of police work, and it is one of the reasons the police deserve our respect and appreciation.

This year, three Valley police officers have been killed in the line of duty.

Late Sunday evening, Phoenix police Officer Bret Glidewell could have become the fourth. The driver of the truck Glidewell stopped stuck a gun out the window and fired away. Glidewell survived. His bulletproof vest gets the credit.

Community shock and outrage are entirely appropriate. The police stand between our orderly, law-abiding lives and chaos. Any assault on them is an assault on our peace of mind.

That's not overstated.

That's not complicated.

The man subsequently arrested in the Glidewell shooting is an illegal immigrant.

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/opin...

Since: Oct 07

Richardson, TX

#3 Oct 16, 2007
If illegals were not in this country 100% of the crimes commited by then would not happen. That is a big deal. Enforce current laws, secure the border, deport and you stop 100% of the crime committed by illegals. That dog don't hunt. "Circular logic" gobble -gook no longer works. All that endless circular logic... is boring.

The man was an illegal from ...? facts are just those facts, if you find facts racist, you have a problem that can not be solved.:=)
Racing Zombie

United States

#4 Oct 16, 2007
No surprise here. Many folks who live on the border have to arm themselves just to take the garbage out at night.

Isn't someone supposed to be protecting us?

Richardson, TX

#5 Oct 16, 2007
Racing Zombie wrote:
No surprise here. Many folks who live on the border have to arm themselves just to take the garbage out at night.
Isn't someone supposed to be protecting us?
Right Chertoff HLS a dream job. He does nothing but photo ops Now he plays the victim. Makes me sick. I am not convienced Chertoff believes we have a border, are you?
sheila

Waconia, MN

#6 Oct 18, 2007
I guess we can kiss any property value goodbye with national coverage like that! We are in deep trouble and our " little community" is becoming the new Southside of Chicago. This could have very serious consequences to the growth and vitality of our retirement homes. If you couple gangsta shootings with polluted air and water from the mining operations, and factor in no medical emergency site, you have a losing future. Get names: if they are in office now and have stood in the way of a permanent checkpoint, more Border Patrol members and the fence, do not invite them back to serve in the state or national government. Will the last one out of Green Valley turn off the lights....?

“I-TSU-LA A-LA-S-DI ”

Since: Jul 07

Checotah, Oklahoma

#7 Oct 18, 2007
LOL... Betsy, I started another thread on this subject. I didn't know that you already had this one.

“I-TSU-LA A-LA-S-DI ”

Since: Jul 07

Checotah, Oklahoma

#8 Oct 18, 2007
I read somewhere today that Bush had pulled a large number of border patrol agents to train Iraqis in Iraq, and that most of the national guard that were supposed to reinforce the border are being deployed to Iraq as well.

Richardson, TX

#9 Oct 18, 2007
okbuilder wrote:
LOL... Betsy, I started another thread on this subject. I didn't know that you already had this one.
post your link please I would like to go there :D

Richardson, TX

#10 Oct 18, 2007
Just found this folks:
No longer will fall for *Lies Called Borders
We see ourselves as the *Northern front of the Latin American revolutionary movement

There are 40million potential revolutionaries inside the belly of the beast in north America
That is why they want to keep us out, they know we know the truth [this is our stolen land]
Our enemy is CAPITOLISM AND IMPERIALISM
If we are serious about making change a struggle will go on many years after leaving UCLA
What you do 24 hrs a day as a PROFESSIONAL REVOLUTIONARIES IS
THAT IS WHAT LEADS OUR PEOPLE TO LIBERATION
VIVA LA RAZA

AS A REVOLUTIONARY IN REVOLUTIONARY CONTEXT
4,600 people killed at the borders

MEXICAN SCHOOL TEACHER PLANNING REVOLT INSIDE USA!!

these are some rough notes:

No longer will fall for *Lies Called Borders
We see ourselves as the *Northern front of the Latin American revolutionary movement

There are 40million potential revolutionaries inside the belly of the beast in north America
That is why they want to keep us out, they know we know the truth [this is our stolen land]
Our enemy is CAPITOLISM AND IMPERIALISM
If we are serious about making change a struggle will go on many years after leaving UCLA
What you do 24 hrs a day as a PROFESSIONAL REVOLUTIONARIES IS
THAT IS WHAT LEADS OUR PEOPLE TO LIBERATION
VIVA LA RAZA

sheila

Albertville, MN

#11 Nov 28, 2007
The war is here, not Iraq.

Dallas, TX

#12 Dec 1, 2007
sheila wrote:
The war is here, not Iraq.
Sure is here too. Sheila, here are a few links to web sites you may or may not already have.
I just got this one:
http://www.americanpatrol.com/

Numbers is great!
It is free too. Look around. You can send emails and faxes from this site to elected officials.
Http://www.NumbersUSA.com

www.congress.org
Here you can post letters to leaders, all your Congressional ones +the President and many others. Your State Congress as well. If you select Letters to Leaders, your letter can be read by the public [with your personal information not put out to the public:-)] OR you can just send your email directly to those you choose. It is free.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Green Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Donald Trump's wall plan draws mixed reactions ... Mar '16 Your Ex 47
News Mixed reactions to Trump's border wall along Ar... Mar '16 tomin cali 1
News Report: Explosives Found Near US-Mexico Border (Nov '14) Dec '15 Kimmy Head 2
Use code - TZFTCC to get free clash of clans gems (Feb '15) Nov '15 KSIXMOONSHADOWX 3
magic mountain or bell hill? (Sep '15) Sep '15 searching 1
Review: Lou's TV (Apr '15) Apr '15 ivanci 1
Considering a move (Nov '14) Nov '14 Robinrenae 1

Green Valley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Green Valley Mortgages