Board Goes On Record Against Border C...

Board Goes On Record Against Border Checkpoint

There are 6 comments on the KPHO-TV Phoenix story from Sep 19, 2007, titled Board Goes On Record Against Border Checkpoint. In it, KPHO-TV Phoenix reports that:

Echoing the concerns of various community groups, the Pima County Board of Supervisors has voted to oppose a permanent Border Patrol checkpoint on Interstate 19 in Green Valley. via KPHO-TV Phoenix

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KPHO-TV Phoenix.

C B Black

United States

#1 Sep 20, 2007
Thanks to Rep. Giffords for listening to the grass roots. No thanks to Border Patrolman Gilbert for putting the onus on the local policing authority by permitting the incursives to go around the definitively located checkpoint and making the job of the local enforcement personnel that much more difficult. The BP is coming up as a gathering of wimps afraid to stand and deliver! Time to ride the fences! Border Patrolmen, Stand up and do your job at and along the border!
Get your software solved, your radar working, your drones flying and your barricades planted firmly in the ground AT THE BORDER.
sheila

United States

#2 Sep 23, 2007
As time ticks away, thousands of illegal border crossings are taking place. I think the foot dragging is intentional by the White House and the Very Rich Company Presidents to allow as much cheap labor in as quickly as possible so their profits grow. I am ashamed of this government.
sahurita

Boise, ID

#3 Sep 25, 2007
how can we be thinking in put a checkpoint in green valley when rigth now we are in a war i dont get the point question what abroderpatrol mimg it mings mings that its a person that is going to patrol the border we have two check point already one going to rio rico and the other one in the midlle of mexico an usa
i am a highschool student thanks for listening
"think before do"
Dinah

Dover, DE

#4 Apr 24, 2008
So why don't you people forceably remove these people from their positions of authority?
Dinah

Dover, DE

#5 Apr 24, 2008
C B Black wrote:
Thanks to Rep. Giffords for listening to the grass roots. No thanks to Border Patrolman Gilbert for putting the onus on the local policing authority by permitting the incursives to go around the definitively located checkpoint and making the job of the local enforcement personnel that much more difficult. The BP is coming up as a gathering of wimps afraid to stand and deliver! Time to ride the fences! Border Patrolmen, Stand up and do your job at and along the border!
Get your software solved, your radar working, your drones flying and your barricades planted firmly in the ground AT THE BORDER.
It's kind of hard for them to "stand up and do their jobs" when stupid politicians and rogue judges put stumbling blocks in their way. I take it you remember Ramos and Compean?

Until our government BACKS up these men and women; you WON'T see anything but patchwork as you are seeing today.
Dinah

Dover, DE

#6 Apr 24, 2008
sheila wrote:
As time ticks away, thousands of illegal border crossings are taking place. I think the foot dragging is intentional by the White House and the Very Rich Company Presidents to allow as much cheap labor in as quickly as possible so their profits grow. I am ashamed of this government.
Hey, there is plenty of blame to go around. Don't forget the companies themselves AND certain expectations of some of our people. If you don't allow business to operate freely and constantly put taxes and restrictions on them, THIS is what you are going to get.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Green Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Donald Trump's wall plan draws mixed reactions ... (Mar '16) Mar '16 Your Ex 47
News Mixed reactions to Trump's border wall along Ar... (Mar '16) Mar '16 tomin cali 1
Review: Lou's TV (Apr '15) Apr '15 ivanci 1
Considering a move (Nov '14) Nov '14 Robinrenae 1
News Catholic leaders push immigration reform at border (Apr '14) May '14 ronnie 7
Nogales, Mexico (Apr '14) Apr '14 tgibob 1
News National Feral Cat Day: Trap Neuter Return, Tucson (Oct '11) Mar '14 Kelly 2

Green Valley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Green Valley Mortgages