GV teacher dies in rollover accident

GV teacher dies in rollover accident

There are 9 comments on the Green Valley News & Sun story from Sep 15, 2007, titled GV teacher dies in rollover accident. In it, Green Valley News & Sun reports that:

“She loved teaching and working with kids”

A Green Valley science teacher was killed Friday night in northwest Tucson after losing control of her SUV and rolling several times. via Green Valley News & Sun

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Green Valley News & Sun.

Honey West

Howell, NJ

#1 Sep 17, 2007
SUV are deadly--they cause more accidents!!!!

Since: Sep 07

Anywhere I please

#3 Sep 17, 2007
A car doesn't cause an accident, a person does - just like guns don't kill people, the user does.

Why are SUV's deadly? I have one and drive carefully, don't speed and have full control of it at all times. I don't drive carelessly. You have to know your vehicle to stay safe. Unless her tires were the old recalled Firestone or something was mechanically wrong with her car, she caused herself to crash.

According to the article, this is what was said. How is this the car's fault?

"Catherine A. Sivilli, 52, WAS NOT wearing her seat belt, Pima County Sheriff’s spokesperson Dawn Hanke said, when the incident occurred at 8:52 p.m. The single-vehicle accident was at Camino De Oeste and Crestview Circle, north of Speedway Boulevard on the west side of Interstate 10.

Sivilli was westbound on Camino De Oeste when she left the roadway, apparently overcorrecting and causing the vehicle to roll, Hanke said."

I don't know about you, but seat belt law says to wear them and she wasn't. She overcorrected and everyone who drives an SUV is told not to overcorrect to get back on the road. Even a Lincoln Continental can roll if you overcorrect.

One has to wonder how many cocktails or glasses of wine she had at dinner with her friend?

I'm sorry about your loss, but she caused it, not the SUV. Don't blame inanimate objects for driver fault. The car can't drive itself.
Jim

Germantown, KY

#4 Sep 18, 2007
Choke-em-danno wrote:
A car doesn't cause an accident, a person does - just like guns don't kill people, the user does.
Why are SUV's deadly? I have one and drive carefully, don't speed and have full control of it at all times. I don't drive carelessly. You have to know your vehicle to stay safe. Unless her tires were the old recalled Firestone or something was mechanically wrong with her car, she caused herself to crash.
According to the article, this is what was said. How is this the car's fault?
"Catherine A. Sivilli, 52, WAS NOT wearing her seat belt, Pima County Sheriff’s spokesperson Dawn Hanke said, when the incident occurred at 8:52 p.m. The single-vehicle accident was at Camino De Oeste and Crestview Circle, north of Speedway Boulevard on the west side of Interstate 10.
Sivilli was westbound on Camino De Oeste when she left the roadway, apparently overcorrecting and causing the vehicle to roll, Hanke said."
I don't know about you, but seat belt law says to wear them and she wasn't. She overcorrected and everyone who drives an SUV is told not to overcorrect to get back on the road. Even a Lincoln Continental can roll if you overcorrect.
One has to wonder how many cocktails or glasses of wine she had at dinner with her friend?
I'm sorry about your loss, but she caused it, not the SUV. Don't blame inanimate objects for driver fault. The car can't drive itself.
don't you know that
You must be kidding. There is no personal accountability in the States anymore,every incident is someone elses fault,the manufacturer,gun,mantal instability or whatever, I can't wait to see the frivolous law suit on this one
Jim

Germantown, KY

#5 Sep 18, 2007
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>don't you know that
You must be kidding. There is no personal accountability in the States anymore,every incident is someone elses fault,the manufacturer,gun,mantal instability or whatever, I can't wait to see the frivolous law suit on this one
Please excuse the don't you know that. I have no idea where it came from

Since: Sep 07

Anywhere I please

#6 Sep 18, 2007
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>don't you know that
Damn, Jim I forgot! Guns kill people by themselves, hot coffee opens up and spills on laps by themselves, cell phones just talk and talk and put themselves to our ears when we're driving, the makeup forces us to put it on in the rear view mirror, the comb or brush jumps up and of course, the booze, oh that booze, it really makes us drunk and then tells us to drive! Imagine that!

The only thing a car can do is sit there til WE turn the key. SUV's are no more dangerous than convertables or Jeeps or Station Wagons.

A gun sits there til we pick it up and pull the trigger.

A cigarette sits there til we light up and inhale

A bottle of liquor sits on the shelf til we open it and drink it.

Anymore things that can be blamed on inanimate objects anyone?
Jim

Hoschton, GA

#7 Oct 3, 2007
Choke-em-danno wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn, Jim I forgot! Guns kill people by themselves, hot coffee opens up and spills on laps by themselves, cell phones just talk and talk and put themselves to our ears when we're driving, the makeup forces us to put it on in the rear view mirror, the comb or brush jumps up and of course, the booze, oh that booze, it really makes us drunk and then tells us to drive! Imagine that!
The only thing a car can do is sit there til WE turn the key. SUV's are no more dangerous than convertables or Jeeps or Station Wagons.
A gun sits there til we pick it up and pull the trigger.
A cigarette sits there til we light up and inhale
A bottle of liquor sits on the shelf til we open it and drink it.
Anymore things that can be blamed on inanimate objects anyone?
Choke-em,
I am sure the lawyers will find something LOL
Tiffany

Alhambra, CA

#8 Apr 1, 2008
you stenk
Tiffany

Alhambra, CA

#9 Apr 1, 2008
you still stenk
Tiffany

Alhambra, CA

#10 Apr 1, 2008
you are really stenky

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Green Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
keith seidel Jun '15 DAWN 1
Review: Lou's TV Apr '15 ivanci 1
FeaturePoints Code- Share TZFTCC (Feb '15) Feb '15 Will 1
Considering a move (Nov '14) Nov '14 Robinrenae 1
News Catholic leaders push immigration reform at border (Apr '14) May '14 ronnie 7
Nogales, Mexico (Apr '14) Apr '14 tgibob 1
News National Feral Cat Day: Trap Neuter Return, Tucson (Oct '11) Mar '14 Kelly 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Green Valley Mortgages