- Romance Scam' victim speaks out on ...

- Romance Scam' victim speaks out on her experience

There are 1 comment on the Green Valley News & Sun story from Aug 26, 2007, titled - Romance Scam' victim speaks out on her experience. In it, Green Valley News & Sun reports that:

“Up until he began asking about the money, we had normal conversations”

GREEN VALLEY NEWS So-called "romance scammers" from Africa or Russia target Americans on Internet dating sites, gaining their victims' trust, then stealing their money. via Green Valley News & Sun

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Green Valley News & Sun.

Rodham Cocker

Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire

#2 Sep 14, 2007
My comment is based on the african scamm.
I recieved a letter 3 years ago from one amina kone from liberia on a dating sites (american singles), we where having a pleasant talks until one day, she told me she’s an orphan and needed help to transfer her inherited fortunate of $10,000.000.00.
I felt pitied because i loved her and secondly that we will be getting married anytime soon, i agreed to help.
On this process of helping my supposed finacee as acclaimed, i lost $135,000, it was after a year later i discovered it was a scammed while all effect to recover my money where in vein.
Just this year 2007, God intervened and i was invited and introduced to a man in Cote d’ Ivoire who happens to be an under-cover detective, i gave him all the informations and documents regarding the scamm.
Fortunately enough for me(as i was made homeless and in debts), one of the telephone numbers used by the scammers where still functioning.
As God will have it, the scammers where rounded up and my forgotten money of $135,000 where refunded in full back to me while the scammers where prosecuted and jailed.
My appreciations goes to God first, the detective Oliver Kolo, howm God has used to my favour and to the United states Mission.
If you have been a victim or you know anybody that has been a victim of such scam, please contact this number:
Mr.Oliver Kolo

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Green Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Donald Trump's wall plan draws mixed reactions ... (Mar '16) Mar '16 Your Ex 47
News Mixed reactions to Trump's border wall along Ar... (Mar '16) Mar '16 tomin cali 1
Review: Lou's TV (Apr '15) Apr '15 ivanci 1
Considering a move (Nov '14) Nov '14 Robinrenae 1
News Catholic leaders push immigration reform at border (Apr '14) May '14 ronnie 7
Nogales, Mexico (Apr '14) Apr '14 tgibob 1
News National Feral Cat Day: Trap Neuter Return, Tucson (Oct '11) Mar '14 Kelly 2

Green Valley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Green Valley Mortgages