Tasco plans massive White Mountain wi...

Tasco plans massive White Mountain wind farm

There are 6 comments on the KIFI story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Tasco plans massive White Mountain wind farm. In it, KIFI reports that:

An Utah company is planning to erect more than 200 wind turbines on White Mountain in Sweetwater County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KIFI.

Ronnie

United States

#1 Jan 3, 2009
That's a good place. There's plenty of wind up there most days.
KAL

United States

#2 Mar 12, 2009
I think it is a good idea BUT we are not going to benefit from any of it.It is going to screw up our view just so Utah can make money.Sure they say it will bring jobs but they also say it will take a year to do all this so what are the workers who got hired on going to do when it is done? I think we should prevent them people from screwing us and the wildlife over!!
Wendy

Rock Springs, WY

#3 May 27, 2012
I wish they would hurry up with the wind installation of the windmills
Wendy

Rock Springs, WY

#4 May 27, 2012
The wind blows free how much do the utility companies charge for a wind job?
Tim

Cheyenne, WY

#5 Jan 11, 2014
KAL wrote:
I think it is a good idea BUT we are not going to benefit from any of it.It is going to screw up our view just so Utah can make money.Sure they say it will bring jobs but they also say it will take a year to do all this so what are the workers who got hired on going to do when it is done? I think we should prevent them people from screwing us and the wildlife over!!
Screw up our view! There is nothing to view on White Mountain but desert and desolation, Putting up windmills will help make the view more scenic.
Redmond

Cheyenne, WY

#6 Jan 14, 2014
Tim wrote:
<quoted text>
Screw up our view! There is nothing to view on White Mountain but desert and desolation, Putting up windmills will help make the view more scenic.
I forgot to mention tax revenue for Rock Springs and Green River. It has been a really windy week in the area which results in lost money not to mention jobs to service the windmills.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Green River Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lawyers to Fight CPS (Mar '11) Aug 14 PISSEDOFFMOMMABEAR 21
Poll Is Nena James, 3rd District Court Judge doing a... (Apr '12) Jul '17 Boaho 18
Edmonia Lewis Better to Remain Hidden (Feb '17) Jul '17 HalfHog 3
Free VIN Check Alternative, Cheapest Carfax Rep... (Mar '12) Jun '17 John Smith 10
De Klewn Horrors de Marblemouth y ChakChak Jun '17 Nibbler 4
Purple Sage Music Thread (May '16) May '17 Musikologist 3
Whatever Happened to Barry Sotero? (Jan '17) May '17 Nervorn 7

Green River Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Green River Mortgages