Doctor, guide rescue baby moose from Montana river

Jun 6, 2013 Full story: KBCI CBS 2 23

A Pennsylvania doctor on a guided fishing trip in southwestern Montana went home with an amazing tale of hauling in a 25-pound lunker - a baby moose she helped rescue from rushing waters.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“hellshade”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#1 Jun 6, 2013
nice story, way to go doc :)

“Have mercy”

Since: May 13

On a liar's soul

#2 Jun 6, 2013
Good job!
harley honey

Jasper, Canada

#3 Jun 6, 2013
Actually no not a good job. This is man interferring in mother nature. There is a reason why these things happen.
When man interferes, fck ups happen. This is not meant to be cruel, it is just simple facts.
Same reason as it is against the law to rescue and nurture a wild animal when it has been hurt.

Since: Aug 08

#4 Jun 6, 2013
^ She's right, You know.

“Have mercy”

Since: May 13

On a liar's soul

#5 Jun 6, 2013
I'll remember that if I ever see a semi headed your way, lol.

#6 Jun 6, 2013
Bad Bex wrote:
I'll remember that if I ever see a semi headed your way, lol.
Big-rigs love Me, I'll probably end-up modifying the drivers radio..

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#7 Jun 6, 2013
harley honey wrote:
Actually no not a good job. This is man interferring in mother nature. There is a reason why these things happen.
When man interferes, fck ups happen. This is not meant to be cruel, it is just simple facts.
Same reason as it is against the law to rescue and nurture a wild animal when it has been hurt.
Slow down, Ms. Honey. Man's interference usually causes more destruction. It's nice to see one go the other way.
harley honey

Jasper, Canada

#8 Jun 6, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Slow down, Ms. Honey. Man's interference usually causes more destruction. It's nice to see one go the other way.
Nature takes care of itself, and gets a well balance, when man interferes, it becomes inbalanced.
I do not know why you make the remark slow down. I love wildlife, and am against hunting for any reason, as there is no reason these days. If man did not interfere in any way, as I said nature would take care of wildlife.
harley honey

Jasper, Canada

#9 Jun 6, 2013
Commander Bunny wrote:
^ She's right, You know.
Thanks. After all the coyotes etc, got to eat too.
harley honey

Jasper, Canada

#10 Jun 6, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Slow down, Ms. Honey. Man's interference usually causes more destruction. It's nice to see one go the other way.
If only it were one. But it is not.

#11 Jun 7, 2013
harley honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. After all the coyotes etc, got to eat too.
...smelly coyotes.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#12 Jun 7, 2013
Islam teaches that whatever happens is Allah's will. I think Christianity wants people to be more involved by helping your neighbor.

Location hidden

#13 Jun 7, 2013
harley honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Nature takes care of itself, and gets a well balance, when man interferes, it becomes inbalanced.
I do not know why you make the remark slow down. I love wildlife, and am against hunting for any reason, as there is no reason these days. If man did not interfere in any way, as I said nature would take care of wildlife.
I get your point. For me, if I can save a suffering creature from more pain, I'll do it. I don't believe my intervention will upset nature's balance.

Location hidden

#14 Jun 7, 2013
harley honey wrote:
<quoted text>
If only it were one. But it is not.
Man already interferes with wildlife, most often in a negative way. We are arrogant enough to believe we have dominion over our fellow creatures. There may come a day when humans become nothing more than food for some beings we can't even conceive of. I'm looking for loopholes.

A question comes to mind. Since vegetarians don't consume animal products, are they also interfering with nature's balance?

“frequently laughing”

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

#15 Jun 7, 2013
The story is sweet but......
what if it had injuries they didn't know about, it can take hours to die from internal bleeding. What if it ends up with pneumonia, another prolonged and dragged out suffering also just to end up dead? What if mom changes her mind and goes back the other way tomorrow and no one is there to help the calf?

My point is you have no idea what will really happen to the calf. Frankly most people are just fine with out of sight out of mind, it means they can tell themselves everything is okay. Maybe that's why so many people abandon animals out in the forest? They think they are okay, when they are really starving or food for predator?

“frequently laughing”

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

#16 Jun 7, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I get your point. For me, if I can save a suffering creature from more pain, I'll do it. I don't believe my intervention will upset nature's balance.
What if the animal is mortally injured and suffering? Would you kill it to end the suffering?

Location hidden

#17 Jun 7, 2013
Always Wary wrote:
<quoted text>
What if the animal is mortally injured and suffering? Would you kill it to end the suffering?
Interesting question, and a moral dilemma. Many years ago the author Leo Tolstoy, a known pacifist and animal rights supporter, was asked what he would do if he were in the jungle and a tiger was going for his throat. "I would do the best I could", replied Tolstoy.
I take that to mean that even if you can't always be true to your principles, be as true to them as you can. So, in answer to your question, I would do the best I could. In this particular case, if I could determine that the animal was suffering and had no chance of survival, I'd make the exception.
Parden Pard

Bath, PA

#20 Jun 7, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting question, and a moral dilemma. Many years ago the author Leo Tolstoy, a known pacifist and animal rights supporter, was asked what he would do if he were in the jungle and a tiger was going for his throat. "I would do the best I could", replied Tolstoy.
I take that to mean that even if you can't always be true to your principles, be as true to them as you can. So, in answer to your question, I would do the best I could. In this particular case, if I could determine that the animal was suffering and had no chance of survival, I'd make the exception.
In India,people ward off tigers by wearing a scary mask behind their head and stick out the tush to moon and insult the Tiger .
(AND THE SERVEY SEZ,,,????,,,no-one exists to answer)

Location hidden

#21 Jun 7, 2013
Parden Pard wrote:
<quoted text>
In India,people ward off tigers by wearing a scary mask behind their head and stick out the tush to moon and insult the Tiger .
(AND THE SERVEY SEZ,,,????,,,no-one exists to answer)
Ah, the scientific approach!

“hellshade”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#22 Jun 7, 2013
harley honey wrote:
you have your head tucked up your nether regions, seriously. let's look at it this way. by your logic if a person murders another person we should not get involved because hey, it's nature. or if a pedophile rapes a child we should not get involved because hey, it's nature.

perhaps you should keep your seriously retarded ideas to yourself...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Green Lane Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Manhunt Underway for Suspect in Pennsylvania Sh... Sat Ho J Simpson 7
10 Things to Know for Tuesday Dec 17 Bring Back Beady 1
Bradley William Stone Dec 17 shame on him 1
6 dead, suspect on loose in suburban Philadelphia Dec 16 RutgersU 2
Reports: 5 fatally shot in 3 locations in Montg... Dec 15 Bradley William S... 1
Five People Dead in Montco Rampage, Shooter Bar... Dec 15 Bradley William S... 1
LVHN launching integrated electronic medical re... Dec 4 silly rabbit 1

Green Lane News Video

Green Lane Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Green Lane People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Green Lane News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Green Lane

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News