First Prev
of 2
Next Last
barbara Kuznitz Gallagher

West Milford, NJ

#21 Apr 12, 2012
Visited the former campground yesterday with my husband and daughter. My family had a cottage, number 43, on the first street near Grove Hall. The memories flooded back in living color. I can still see the cottage and walked in the area we thought it stood. we walked through where the tabernacle was, it's now overgrown with weeds, how unnerving. my husband and I remember the prayer room and kneeling on the little braided rugs. The power of The Lord was there. I have so many memories and it's great we all shared the same wonderful times. We will never forget Green Lane!
larry ross

Rehoboth Beach, DE

#22 Dec 7, 2013
I never had privilege to attend Maranatha; but, attend the western PA camp of Living Waters in
Cherry Tree, PA. Looking for a person that attended
both camp grounds and the CA Easter weekend
convention at Zembo Mosque in Harrisburg. His name
was Harry Rowland and he played piano and organ.
This time-frame was 1957-62. He also attended
CBI in Springfield, MO.
I read in someone's memory about Rev. Tommy Barnett who was at Maranatha he also was at Living Waters one
year. Later while I was working in 1990 made a trip to AZ and attended his big church in Phoenix WOW. I believe his son is involved in a big ministry in Los Angles.
Trust someone knows where I might reach Harry Rowland.
Thanks.
Larry L. Ross
Jay

King George, VA

#23 Dec 11, 2015
Does anyone from Maranatha Camp folks know of any recordings available of teacher Walter Beuttler?(Even on old reels is AOK!) I'd love to make some digital copies!!! I have a few but would always love more....
Thanks
email at: [email protected]
Davvvyc

Springfield Gardens, NY

#24 Jul 3, 2016
What a joy to reminisce recalling great good times at Maranatha Park, Green Lane, PA. Remember Andrae Crouch singing one year in the early seventies. Kids Camp and Youth Camp, and Family Camp were terrific. Go karts, fireworks, sports, great fun. I worked flipping burgers at "The Stand." And washing pots at the kitchen bottom of the hill. I received the Baptism in the Holy Spirit at fourteen in the Prayer Room. To God be the glory! God touched lives, changed lives, met us in some really great ways, His wonders to perform. Forever memories were fondly made with family and friends that God has prospered to this day. Tremendous victories were forged and adventures. We had cottage 17 and were privileged to see early Pentecost fashion itself there as the Assemblies of God was formed. God has been great in goodness, good good Father!
Paul Delacot

Abilene, TX

#25 Nov 25, 2016
Lynn Zerr wrote:
I spent summers at Maranatha Park as a kid. My family attended an Assembly of God church in Fleetwood, PA which is about an hour drive from Green Lane. In the summer, our pastor would cancel Sunday evening services so we could all attend camp meetings in "Green Lane." I remember Pastor Tommy Barnett ( http://www.phoenixfirst.org/ )was one of the guest speakers and I also remember The Couriers Quartet was a regular "attraction." (Everyone LOVED The Couriers.) Dino Kartsonakis, "America's Piano Showman," played piano there during youth camp. Many "Who's Who" of Christian circles stood on the tabernacle stage.
When I was a teenager I attended two weeks of summer camp every year and stayed in the cabins. One thing I distinctly remember is the pungent smell of the water. I guess there was a heavy concentration of sulfer. Needless to say, showers were almost unbearable (smelled like rotten eggs). I don't know how the residents could handle drinking the water. The snack bar was a hopping place after the church services.In any event, it was a summer event that everyone looked forward to. Those of us who have had the privilege to experience Maranatha Camp will always remember it with special fondness.
Yes I had been there in the 1960's and remembered hearing Tommy Barnett singing! Wish somebody has his records to put on CD's. I remember his tan Ford Tunderbird that he drove and Chet was the camp director. Paul Delacot
No name

United States

#26 Dec 13, 2016
tss wrote:
Hello,

I am doing research on Maranantha Park. I can not find anything about what happened to it after VFCC stopped using the campgrounds for their bible school. Anyone with any information please email me.

[email protected]

I am also interested in any recent history.

Thanks,

Sincerely,

Troy Stephen Sanders
Oh my God I used to live there when I was little
No name

United States

#27 Dec 13, 2016
Jessica wrote:
I lived there as a child in '84. Does anyone have pictures of the cabins after they were turned into low income houses?
Hey Jessica my family used to live there Nancy Tammy and Stacy I don't know if I remember you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Green Lane Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bucks DA: Cosmo DiNardo, person of interest in ... Jul '17 Derps Die Young 5
News Cosmo DiNardo, Center of Bucks Probe and Real E... Jul '17 Anthony Bourdain 1
News No human remains but evidence found in search f... Jul '17 Anthony Bourdain 1
Main Street/Route 29/Gravel Pike Red HIll, P... (Apr '17) Apr '17 johan 2
News Busch Gardens' original burgermeister, Robert B... (Nov '09) Oct '16 Daniel Regan 4
News Montco babysitter gets jail time for pulling te... (Sep '16) Sep '16 AAD 1
News Two charged in Quakertown burglary (Jun '12) Sep '16 HaterzgonnaHATE 5

Green Lane Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Green Lane Mortgages