Man gets 25 to life for killing woman, dog

Full story: WNYT Albany

A 24-year-old upstate man who killed and buried a woman and her dog last summer is heading to prison for 25 years to life.
Comments
101 - 119 of 119 Comments Last updated Jun 22, 2013
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Karen Augustine

Sherman, TX

#109 Feb 1, 2013
BTW mr cop aka Bill .. frame another innocent man so you can be home at night.. HOW DO YOU SLEEP AT NIGHT knowing you helping convict an innocent man???? inquiring minds wanna know .. You know as well as anyone/everyone that knows Matt that he is guilty .. yet you wanted an open and shut case.. that made your day easier .. God help those that come in your sights .. they may or may not deserve what they get.. Travis Did NOT .. and you know it.. his appeal will be won and the real guilty person ( being matt) will end up where he belongs.. and the lawsuit that will follow is not one you will want.. BTW has anyone else accused you of stealing from them?? i know of 2 people that accused you ( and you did it ) of stealing their Gold jewelry when you arrested them .. 2 different people on 2 different cases that did /do not know one another.. crooked ass cop... hope ya end up in prison with men you sent there.. that is justice for you
Rochelle Rhyne

United States

#110 May 12, 2013
Karen Augustine wrote:
to guards: how you gonna tell me cop that Travis convinced me he didn't kill Martha? My Son is an innocent man!.. he DID NOT NEED to convince me! I know my Son and I know Matt!!! If, and I will repeat that, IF YOU had done your job correctly the guilty party would be in prison.. that person IS NOT TRAVIS.. If he is the guilty party why am I receiving v-mails from a number that is blocked saying" I'll kill you too b**** and bury you under a dog if you say my name again?" that was v-mail #1, on v-mail # 2 I was told, "don't say my name again b**** or I'll kill you too? STOP THE PRESS... kill me too? meaning what? you killed once you'll kill again?. Of course you crooked cops won't investigate that info just as YOU DID NOT INVESTIGATE the fact MATT Conners had/has a 22 rifle in his possession in Long Island!(The same caliber of weapon that killed Martha by the way) When informed of Matt having possession of the weapon * a weapon that was NEVER TESTED NOR ADMITTED INTO EVIDENCE.* The person who reported the possession of the weapon by Matt Conners ( Martha's son) was told, by you crooked state troopers to "put it out of your mind, don't mention it again, we have the guilty party?" ARE YOU JOKING, TO CONVICT AN INNOCENT MAN MADE YOUR JOB EASIER? YOU COULD GO HOME AT NIGHT AND NOT HAVE TO PUT IN OVERTIME? YOUR MOTHER MUST BE REAL PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!What's in your mind?WERE you thinking.. Skip the evidence, I want to have supper at home every night and it looks good on my record I arrested a murderer (no matter if he is guilty or not) I for one am more proud of my Son even though he is/was convicted of murder than your mother should be of you!! Plus you scare someone you busted for a drug deal,(Frank Smith whom happens to be my son also even tho I would rather not admit it) YOU crooked cops arrest him,(slap him in his face with pictures of Martha's body") after Matt killed her and let him walk (frank smith) IF HE TOLD YOU TRAVIS KILLED MARTHA, are you joking me? YOU crooked cop,YOU threatened to send him (frank smith) to prison for the drug dealing and accessory to murder if frank had not told you what you had on your agenda for today, and frank was to scared to NOT tell you what you wanted to hear! For what? because Martha always let Travis take her truck, The debit card I know for FACT was Travis & Rochelle's money, her cell phone? She always, and that is, ALWAYS gave the cell to Travis in case she wanted a ride home or he needed her!!! Travis loved Martha as a Mother! NO matter the testimony.. to bad MATT did not love his Mom as Travis loved her as a Mother
You're right Karen, that was our money on that card. Travis and I gave it to Martha to deposit in her accout so that WE (Travis & I) could shop online. Which we never did bc I moved back to N.C. bc my grandma got sick. Travis will be set free. Also I too have been threated by Matt, saying and I quote "Let it stay how it is Rochelle or I will come for you too. I kept my word to Travis and didn't hurt you but you better leave this alone." That came from Matthew Conners. Y'all police n Catskill are silly as fuck. Got a mad man running the streets and a man who gave up hos freedom to keep me safe from Matthew Conners in prison doing a life sentence. How will they feel when Matthew kills again, and he will bc they just let his ass walk on this one. What a fuckin joke all of you are.
Inquiring Minds NTN

Sayre, PA

#111 May 15, 2013
How much of the 25 was for the woman and how much was for the dog?

“Going out like a boss”

Since: Oct 09

Albany, NY

#112 May 18, 2013
All of you go down south and NY will be a better place.
Random

Hudson, NY

#114 May 31, 2013
Karen Augustine

Utica, NY

#115 Jun 21, 2013
Random, http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi/viewoffen ..... that proves what? so you never broke the law or you just haven't been caught yet? hmmmm inquiring minds want to know!! If you open your eyes and look around you it will become clear that there are very, yes very, few people that have not broken the law at some point in their lives.... even you crooked ass cop.. I feel that the only good cop is a dead cop!!!!
Karen Augustine

Utica, NY

#116 Jun 21, 2013
Inquiring Minds NTN wrote:
How much of the 25 was for the woman and how much was for the dog?
the 25 was for the dog cause the woman was crazy as a bedbug. the dog had more sense and feelings than the woman
Karen Augustine

Utica, NY

#117 Jun 21, 2013
paganbirdkeeper666 wrote:
All of you go down south and NY will be a better place.
lmaoooo ... people like you make NY a place normal people don't want to be.. they move south to be near / around Normal people with hearts/feelings and sense

“Going out like a boss”

Albany, NY

#118 Jun 21, 2013
Karen Augustine wrote:
<quoted text> lmaoooo ... people like you make NY a place normal people don't want to be.. they move south to be near / around Normal people with hearts/feelings and sense
Then pack your shit and head south to live among the boring people.
Karen Augustine

Utica, NY

#119 Jun 21, 2013
Rochelle Rhyne wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right Karen, that was our money on that card. Travis and I gave it to Martha to deposit in her accout so that WE (Travis & I) could shop online. Which we never did bc I moved back to N.C. bc my grandma got sick. Travis will be set free. Also I too have been threated by Matt, saying and I quote "Let it stay how it is Rochelle or I will come for you too. I kept my word to Travis and didn't hurt you but you better leave this alone." That came from Matthew Conners. Y'all police n Catskill are silly as fuck. Got a mad man running the streets and a man who gave up hos freedom to keep me safe from Matthew Conners in prison doing a life sentence. How will they feel when Matthew kills again, and he will bc they just let his ass walk on this one. What a fuckin joke all of you are.
I totally agree Rochelle, btw please contact Travis.. Matt is one sick fuck that is totally nuts.. martha used to defend him when he said/did crazy stuff telling everyone that he was born with crooked legs and had to wear braces on them. Something of which he was made fun of constantly growing up..(that started his insanity).. and he blamed his mother for his crooked braced up legs ... a thing martha believed he was over ... HE NEVER GOT OVER IT and hated her
Karen Augustine

Utica, NY

#120 Jun 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Then pack your shit and head south to live among the boring people.
lmaooooo you not only funny you are retarded...you give mentally challenged a bad rep! Know facts before you let your fingers touch a keyboard.. God knows I hate a coward that uses a computer to talk shit.. I for one will come face to face with anyone and back what I say!!

“Going out like a boss”

Albany, NY

#121 Jun 21, 2013
Karen Augustine wrote:
<quoted text>lmaooooo you not only funny you are retarded...you give mentally challenged a bad rep! Know facts before you let your fingers touch a keyboard.. God knows I hate a coward that uses a computer to talk shit.. I for one will come face to face with anyone and back what I say!!
You seem to be hysterical,easily upset and also quite ignorant. Your comments make no sense and are merely the rantings of street ho.

Exactly what shit did I talk that caused you to come on here and attack me?

I am not hard to find and I am not the one hiding my face behind an unregistered account.
Karen Augustine

Utica, NY

#122 Jun 21, 2013
123truth wrote:
Ms Augustine,
Although I'm sure your son is no saint, I feel it in my bones that Matt killed his own Mom.I knew this kid (Matt) and he is a compulsive liar/ stalker type with deep psychological problems.I feel sorry for his wife,I overheard a conversation he was having with her one day on the street and he was verbally abusive and demeaning to her.Everyone sees him as a nice kid or victim, not the case.This girl will end up in a shelter when he's done with her.
I'm NOT talking dirty cops here,just that Matt would be that clever to cover his tracks.Hold on,the truth will come out eventually.I wish you and your family peace.
Thank You for your moral support.. not sure who you are but you apparently know my child and you know matt
Karen Augustine

Utica, NY

#123 Jun 21, 2013
<quoted text>
You seem to be hysterical,easily upset and also quite ignorant. Your comments make no sense and are merely the rantings of street ho.
Exactly what shit did I talk that caused you to come on here and attack me?
I am not hard to find and I am not the one hiding my face behind an unregistered account.
I am in no way hysterical nor a street ho .. guess that is the environment you come from? I am a totally sane hard working woman that knows of her sons innocence! what of yours btw? is your mama a street ho? is she of a hysterical nature? is she easily upset? does your conscience bother you?
Karen Augustine

Utica, NY

#124 Jun 21, 2013
as i said and still say.. How do you know a cop is lying? and the answer is? hmmmmmm? he opens his mouth to talk.. hell you know a lie is coming out.. or as "they refer to it" a gross fabrication of the truth!!!!! frame a man and we go home! no need to look further .. eff you cop .. get real and when God judges you and yours .. I feel for them.. NOT you
Karen Augustine

Utica, NY

#125 Jun 21, 2013
Guards wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again blaming the police. Let me get this straight, 2 children, one a drug dealing loser and the other a murdering loser. GREAT PARENTING. You're right, your probably more proud of your childrens accomplishment than my mother is of mine. I'm just some hard working middle class person that gives back to the community that gave me so much as a child. I'll say hi to your kids when I go to work tonight. YOUR SON COMMITTED MURDER!!!! If you don't believe that, I have a bridge for sale, interested? Just think, in a few years you can tell all your friend that your son graduated from a state college. Auburn State Prision.
5 children ....... get it right dumb ass..... do your research just as i did mine on you!!! I know who you are.. where you are along with your family history... think b4 you speak!!!

“Going out like a boss”

Albany, NY

#126 Jun 22, 2013
Karen Augustine wrote:
<quoted text>I am in no way hysterical nor a street ho .. guess that is the environment you come from? I am a totally sane hard working woman that knows of her sons innocence! what of yours btw? is your mama a street ho? is she of a hysterical nature? is she easily upset? does your conscience bother you?
Not hysterical? Are you kidding? You have been ranting over your murdering son who was convicted by a jury of twelve and rightfully sentenced by a judge for what,over a yr now? You have threatened people on this thread,telling people you want to meet them and fight which is very immature and just shows where your son learned his violent behavior from.

What does my mom have to do with your son being convicted for murder?
No my conscience doesn't bother me at all because I never killed anyone and neither has any of my family.

“Going out like a boss”

Albany, NY

#127 Jun 22, 2013
Karen Augustine wrote:
as i said and still say.. How do you know a cop is lying? and the answer is? hmmmmmm? he opens his mouth to talk.. hell you know a lie is coming out.. or as "they refer to it" a gross fabrication of the truth!!!!! frame a man and we go home! no need to look further .. eff you cop .. get real and when God judges you and yours .. I feel for them.. NOT you
Well,some cops are not what they should be which is the case of every profession. However,you obviously have no proof that the cop who arrested your son is a bad cop,else your son wouldn't be getting butt raped in a prison. You rant and rave and claim he's innocent but where is your proof?
No doubt the mothers of most prisoners believe their son or daughter is innocent but them believing it doesn't make it so.
Sad

Pulaski, NY

#128 Jun 22, 2013
This is such a sad story.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Green Island Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr Truthforthought 18,871
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 12 hr Lol 16,781
You New York 81 Biker support clubs are cowards (Apr '13) 20 hr local rat 6
Paterson: Duffy Would Make a Superb Governor (Jul '10) Thu Diamond Daisy 3
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Wed Vote Zornow 6,408
5 racehorses die in 5 days at saratoga racetrack. Wed Nina 1
John Halacy sentenced as mother cries Aug 27 Albanyrickster 1
•••
•••
•••

Green Island Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Green Island People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE