Where to sell diamond engagement ring...

Where to sell diamond engagement ring?!?!?!

Posted in the Green Island Forum

Amber

Clifton Park, NY

#1 Nov 14, 2011
I've read another thread about where to sell gold and jewelry, but has anyone had any experience selling a diamond engagement ring? I tried Craigslist.com and all I got were scam e-mails. I've heard ads on the radio but had heard from a friend the offer she received for her ring from a local jeweler and was astounded. I'd really like to get more then a tenth of the value. Input???
Amber

Clifton Park, NY

#3 Nov 15, 2011
Found him. He was hunched over underneath a bush with some local politician I couldn't quite recognize and he looked a little busy.

Anyone else have any input?
Joe Schmoe

Albany, NY

#4 Nov 15, 2011
Amber wrote:
I've read another thread about where to sell gold and jewelry, but has anyone had any experience selling a diamond engagement ring? I tried Craigslist.com and all I got were scam e-mails. I've heard ads on the radio but had heard from a friend the offer she received for her ring from a local jeweler and was astounded. I'd really like to get more then a tenth of the value. Input???
Do you know where the ring was purchased? You could go back there, you could also remove the stone from the setting and make it into a pendant or some other piece of jewelry.. If not I suggest Northeastern Fine Jewelers
Amber

Clifton Park, NY

#5 Nov 15, 2011
I keep hearing their ads on the radio so I was planning on giving them a try (I figure they're bound to pay more then the guy in the park). I've also read positive things about ASE Metal and Roman Jewels. Anyone have any experience with any of them, or anyone else?
John Doe

Clifton Park, NY

#6 Nov 15, 2011
Forget craigslist it's a complete waste of time. I listed my ring several times and got ZERO response. I don't think there is a huge market for rings from failed marriages and after speaking to several "buyers" I'm beginning to believe that these precious little rocks are worth one heck of a lot less then I believed. I have had experience with ASE Metal. I went to Olde Saratoga Coin and a gentleman there actually sent me to ASE. I was initially insulted by their offer, which was about half of what I paid for the ring, but after bringing it to several other places - turns out it was the highest offer by a pretty huge margin. Most of the jewelers I tried offered me less then a 1/4 of what I had paid for the ring. Haven't sold it yet, guess I'm just having trouble swallowing such a bitter pill.
Sarah

Clifton Park, NY

#7 Nov 22, 2011
I took my ring to ACE last year and was very pleased with the price I was offered. The employees were friendly and I would highly recommend them to everyone. I had a great experience and will definitely be back with my jewelry I no longer wear!
Vicki

Saint Louis, MO

#8 May 2, 2013
I strongly recommend trying http://www.haveyouseenthering.com . They have been around for a few years and are BBB accredited. I had my diamond ring listed on their site for around 4 weeks and sold it for almost 70% of the original price that I paid for it. I googled sell engagement rings and http://www.haveyouseenthering.com/Sell-Engage... was one of the first sites to appear, pretty easy to find!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Green Island Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 7 hr Sue Remington 20,274
News Her fiance gave her heroin. She overdosed. Does... May 20 Three Days 9R 19
Opana May 18 macy 1
ilovekickboxing clifton park! May 17 KellyJeanmaire 1
Chong Toleman May 14 Mistys Trash 1
Hate crime at SUNYA May 14 flabbergasted 3
Similitudes May 13 anonymous 48
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Green Island Mortgages