Parking in Green Island
Hudson Ave Resident

United States

#1 Apr 10, 2009
I live on Hudson Ave in Green Island, There is a huge issue with parking here in Green Isand. I have seen people come pulling in and do just that, pull in and stop, Not either pulling forward or backing up to free up space either in front of or behind them. It makes me so upset when i have to walk 2 blocks away with a bad back and groceries because people do not care that other people live on this street as well as them, and would also like to park close to their house.Green Island is a great place to live and feel so safe and comfortable here but i think something needs to be done with this parking in green island, there needs to be maybe lines marked out where the spaces are so that way no matter how people park if they stay in the lines there will always be spaces for the rest of us to park. I just know something needs to be done with this parking so sloppy around here because its so unfair that i pay for my apartment and should have the right to park in front of my house or atleast on my own block but because people arent thinking of others most of us over here on this block are parking a couple blocks away, i think that the green island police maybe need to give parking tickets to people who dont know how and then maybe people will start to move up or move back to allow more space, it may not seem like a huge deal to most of you, but it would take one time of parking 2 blocks away with groceries and having to make a couple trips back up the 2 blocks to grab groceries to me as mad as me, this was just one thing that really needs to be addressed here in our little village of Green Island, thanks for reading
GINY

Woodside, NY

#2 Apr 19, 2009
Hudson Ave Resident wrote:
I live on Hudson Ave in Green Island, There is a huge issue with parking here in Green Isand. I have seen people come pulling in and do just that, pull in and stop, Not either pulling forward or backing up to free up space either in front of or behind them. It makes me so upset when i have to walk 2 blocks away with a bad back and groceries because people do not care that other people live on this street as well as them, and would also like to park close to their house.Green Island is a great place to live and feel so safe and comfortable here but i think something needs to be done with this parking in green island, there needs to be maybe lines marked out where the spaces are so that way no matter how people park if they stay in the lines there will always be spaces for the rest of us to park. I just know something needs to be done with this parking so sloppy around here because its so unfair that i pay for my apartment and should have the right to park in front of my house or atleast on my own block but because people arent thinking of others most of us over here on this block are parking a couple blocks away, i think that the green island police maybe need to give parking tickets to people who dont know how and then maybe people will start to move up or move back to allow more space, it may not seem like a huge deal to most of you, but it would take one time of parking 2 blocks away with groceries and having to make a couple trips back up the 2 blocks to grab groceries to me as mad as me, this was just one thing that really needs to be addressed here in our little village of Green Island, thanks for reading
I found A site called GreenIslandNY.com and it seems to be run by a citizen. You should check it out and voice an opinion on it. It may get more views. But yes, GI parking is bad.
Bob

Schenectady, NY

#3 Apr 21, 2009
x2. parking in GI stinks. Its a big political city / family.
Doug

Woodside, NY

#4 Apr 25, 2009
Jeez, don't remind me how annoying parking is in G.I.
ALBANY NY

United States

#5 Apr 26, 2009
GINY wrote:
<quoted text>
I found A site called GreenIslandNY.com and it seems to be run by a citizen. You should check it out and voice an opinion on it. It may get more views. But yes, GI parking is bad.
Thank you so much, Im going there now, I have lived here 2 years now and I have seen alot of things going down hill here and I think some things need to change here or its going to loose the Green Island touch it has, thanks so much im going to that site now!
Green Island Resident

United States

#6 Apr 26, 2009
I also have a huge concern living here, A week ago there was a huge party on George street and the party flowed over to my yard at around 1am.There is a huge problem with kids out all hours of the night around here,I do not mind them walking around but perwonally as a parent myself of teenagers, any thing these kids are doing at midnight is not good. I have been awake to hear kids runnng past my house yelling and screaming at 1 in the morning and not for nothng if i wanted to listen to that I would have moved to parts of troy or albany where thats pretty much normal all hours of the night. The police need to maybe watch green Island a little more and spend a little less time catching people going 40 on the green Island bridge, This is where the problem is not on the bridge.
GI Resident

Schenectady, NY

#7 Apr 27, 2009
Sounds like you should post on the www.GreenIslandNY.com as it seems you can rant on the forums section of it. Not a bad idea to pass the word along about the site either which is what i will be doing.
BUMP

Woodside, NY

#8 Jan 1, 2010
BLAHHHHH...Parking is awful around that town.
spammy mcspamspam

Latham, NY

#9 Feb 1, 2010
yes, this is an unrelated testimonial to the healing powers of www.greenislandNY.com why only a sap would not listen to such compelling ads, i mean testimonials.
Ben

Schenectady, NY

#10 Mar 18, 2010
What^ Did you drink before posting that? Makes no sense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Green Island Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Fri Fitus T Bluster 20,971
Looking for Badminton (Aug '08) Thu GWEN 18
News Albany man accused of Elks Club stabbing (Apr '11) Apr 18 Riheam 11
News Upstate job growth slow despite taxpayer subsidies Apr 16 Trumps Army 86
News Workers claim Delmonicoa s skirted minimum wage... (Feb '16) Apr 12 Robert E 4
Free Tuition Apr 10 Karl 1
News NY governor awash in controversy over 25-cent c... Apr 9 Truth 1

Green Island Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Green Island Mortgages