Gun Appreciation Day – Jan 19, 2013

Gun Appreciation Day – Jan 19, 2013

Posted in the Green Cove Springs Forum

“Just Add Obama ”

Since: Mar 08

Jacksonville Florida

#1 Jan 18, 2013
http://gunappreciationday.com/

Sounds like a great way to celebrate Freedom, Liberty and Personal Responsibility.

“Just Add Obama ”

Jacksonville Florida

#2 Jan 18, 2013
Just some History to think about:
In no particular order, early American settlers (Long before a Federal Government was established) viewed the right to arms and/or the right to bear arms and/or state militias as important for one or more of these purposes:
• enabling the people to organize a militia system.
• participating in law enforcement;
• deterring tyrannical government;
• repelling invasion;
• facilitating a natural right of self-defense;
Which of these considerations were thought of as most important and ultimately found expression in the Second Amendment is disputed. Some of these purposes were explicitly mentioned in early state constitutions; for example, the Pennsylvania Constitution of 1776 asserted that, "the people have a right to bear arms for the defense of themselves and the state". Note: that per Federal Government, when the word State is used it is mentioned as reference to an actual state and not the Federal Government.

Second Amendment
There are several versions of the text of the Second Amendment, each with slight capitalization and punctuation differences, found in the official documents surrounding the adoption of the Bill of Rights. One version was passed by the Congress, while another is found in the copies distributed to the State and then ratified by them.
As passed by the Congress:
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:
A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

“Just Add Obama ”

Jacksonville Florida

#3 Jan 18, 2013
Facilitating a natural right of self-defense;

This is how Real Americas should feel about defending their freedoms, Liberties, family, personal property and their neighbors.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#4 Jan 18, 2013
I appreciate guns...and I RESPECT them too.
Toaster

Saint Augustine, FL

#5 Jan 18, 2013
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
I appreciate guns...and I RESPECT them too.
Good stuff -- to bad everyone that has a gun is without that knowledge.
Kidnapped Angel

Jacksonville, FL

#6 Jan 19, 2013
Toaster wrote:
<quoted text>
Good stuff -- to bad everyone that has a gun is without that knowledge.
Everyone who has a gun is without that knowledge?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#8 Jan 19, 2013
Kidnapped Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask the dumbass who pulled out a shotgun at a gun show in NC and shot 3 people today by accident. SOME PEOPLE really do not need to hold weapons.

“Just Add Obama ”

Jacksonville Florida

#9 Jan 21, 2013
Kidnapped Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Might I ask how you have come to that opinion? I appreciate the freedoms that our founders gave us. I also understand that with those freedoms come responsibility. I respect what a gun can do in the hand of its user and there lies the issue,“The User”
Kidnapped Angel

Jacksonville, FL

#10 Jan 21, 2013
Mr Logic in Jax wrote:
<quoted text>
Might I ask how you have come to that opinion? I appreciate the freedoms that our founders gave us. I also understand that with those freedoms come responsibility. I respect what a gun can do in the hand of its user and there lies the issue,“The User”
That isn't my opinion. I was questioning the comment in post #5.
I'm a second amendment proponent myself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Green Cove Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
do you have a forbidden sex story? (Aug '14) 8 hr teeniebby 17
Warning of Tiffany Floyd fake FB hack Mon The REAL NONA 1
News On Your Side - Ken Amaro Answers Your Mail (Mar '08) Sun Stuffstolenbysheriff 98
Deanna cart Dec 4 Gary sloas 2
Over 35,000 White Women are Raped by Blacks ann... (Apr '13) Nov 29 manray 215
Review: First Coast MD (Aug '09) Nov 29 TiffanyWilliams88 94
News Van Zant family at center of House race; lawmak... Aug '16 Vanzantisaweiner 1

Green Cove Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Green Cove Springs Mortgages