Biomedical Jacksonville Closes Suddenly, Patients Wonder About Refunds and Treatment

Apr 11, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WJXX

The doors are shut, its website down and some Biolife Medical Jacksonville customers are trying to figure out what is going on - and how they can get their money back.

Comments
1 - 17 of 17 Comments Last updated May 13, 2013
Andrew

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2011

My wife is one of those customers wanting her money back. The manager/owner said that he was going to have the procedure done at another location, but would not specify why they shut the doors suddenly. Personally I think the contract should be void for cancelling appt. and closing the doors without notice. Of course this would require someone to look at the contract for loopholes.

“Just Add Obama ”

Since: Mar 08

Jacksonville Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2011

Andrew wrote:
My wife is one of those customers wanting her money back. The manager/owner said that he was going to have the procedure done at another location, but would not specify why they shut the doors suddenly. Personally I think the contract should be void for cancelling appt. and closing the doors without notice. Of course this would require someone to look at the contract for loopholes.
Have you read the contract?
BILL

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2011

I am one of the patients left out in the cold. I contacted the Savannah Office immediately. Having moved here from Savannah I knew of the office there and contacted them on Monday morning before the note was posted to contact the Savannah office. After not having my call returned, I continued ringing the phone continuously until someone finally picked up. I spoke to Linda and requested specifically that my care be transferred to the Savannah office. As of today I have been told to call back next week and that she would request my file. While I hope for the best possible outcome, the conversation I had with Linda in Savannah did nothing to instill confidence.The only certainty I gained from our conversation was that they are two completely separate corporations. I hope as of next week I will have a better outcome. At this point I am holding off filing a patient abandonment complaint with the AMA.I have contacted my HOA provider an begun to dispute the charges, since as of this moment I have no local BIO-LIFE and the Savannah office has yet to confirm that they will take over my treatments.. I hope to receive the treatments I have paid for as I am a new patient and Am very happy with the short term results. I sincerely hope that Bio Life reopens and the Savannah location continues treatments for those of us that choose that option. In the meantime I would love nothing more than to hear from the owner, and receive my lab test and medical records. Heres hoping for a positive outcome
Bill

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2011

My wife and are were also clients at BioLife; we paid for a full year of treatments in advance and had only recieved one prior to their closing. I immediately contacted the Savannah office and was given a bit of a "run around". The individual I spoke to evaded my questions concerning ownership of the two BioLife's. Did my research and found out that both were owned by the same two people but were different LLC's. I have sent the an email requesting my records (HIPPA violation) but haven't received a response yet. Then I filed a dispute with my credit card company and in two days I received a full refund. In case you don't know; "failure to provide services" is cause for a credit card dispute. Hopefully, Visa will seek restitution from the owners.
Patrick

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2011

I work with a really great company called BodyLogicMD ( www.bodylogicmd.com ). This company has been around since 2003. It now has 50 affiliate physicians nationwide -- one right in Jacksonville (Dr. JoAnn Holoka).

I can personally attest to the EXTENSIVE training each of these physicians receives specifically in hormones and functional medicine. It is not a "pay a year" program, rather you pay each time you see the physician, labs ordered or your monthly pharmacy/supplement orders. The company has over 12,000 ACTIVE patients nationwide. I used to live in Jacksonville, went for fun to Savannah.

Perhaps Dr. Holoka can be of assistance.
noshellswill

Saint Augustine, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2011

Judged:

Good RepubliFat type of healthcare company ... big enough to grab money a year early and small enough to vanish with all of it.

This is the kind of **person to person** medicine RepubliFat$ believe working Americans deserve. Feckin-A scum aren't they? As a group they deserve the steel-tip public flog so pure terror prevents them from thieving ... or as RepubliFat$ say "opportunity seeking"!

Simply better for the Fed Gub'mnt to deal forthrightly with citizens medical issues --- put down the steel boot.heel on graspy for-profit healthcare and run-it-all ... C2G !

Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2011

Judged:

I was a former employee of the Savannah branch of Bio Life Medical. I can tell you for 100% fact that they are the same company. The President/owner of the company is also the same person for the Savannah office. Linda is the General manager due to the fact she has and investment in the company. As far as the Jacksonville office, I have seen reviews stating they have closed their doors however they are still in operations under the same name as the Savannah office. I have been to this office in Jacksonville and can tell you if you do a google search you will see they have two different addresses. The office that is open is on Merchant Circle.

To Bill:
Don't let them bully you. The owner/President is afraid of confrontation. Neither him nor Linda have any medical knowledge to even base anything on. They are in it for the financial opportunity which is fine but I would think a basic knowledge of medicine should be in order. I wish you the best of luck.
info

Orange Park, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2011

BILL wrote:
I am one of the patients left out in the cold. I contacted the Savannah Office immediately. Having moved here from Savannah I knew of the office there and contacted them on Monday morning before the note was posted to contact the Savannah office. After not having my call returned, I continued ringing the phone continuously until someone finally picked up. I spoke to Linda and requested specifically that my care be transferred to the Savannah office. As of today I have been told to call back next week and that she would request my file. While I hope for the best possible outcome, the conversation I had with Linda in Savannah did nothing to instill confidence.The only certainty I gained from our conversation was that they are two completely separate corporations. I hope as of next week I will have a better outcome. At this point I am holding off filing a patient abandonment complaint with the AMA.I have contacted my HOA provider an begun to dispute the charges, since as of this moment I have no local BIO-LIFE and the Savannah office has yet to confirm that they will take over my treatments.. I hope to receive the treatments I have paid for as I am a new patient and Am very happy with the short term results. I sincerely hope that Bio Life reopens and the Savannah location continues treatments for those of us that choose that option. In the meantime I would love nothing more than to hear from the owner, and receive my lab test and medical records. Heres hoping for a positive outcome
Please understand that the AMA is THE AMERICAN MEDICAL ASSOCIATION. File your complaint withe the state of Florida Medical Licensure Board. The same for Georgia. In each State they will be able to direct you to the right dept. Attorney General of Florida and Georgia should be able to help you recover yur money.
Jen

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2011

Biolife medical is now Savannah medical clinic owned by Linda Gonzalez. They were Biolife Medical last week. Does anyone know anything? I paid $3k by check and one treatment.
Jen

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2011

Kelly at Savannah Wellness Center won't let me get past her, SWC WAS Biolife Savannah until last week. Now, Linda Gonzalez appears and Shawn Owens seems to be MIA. I paid about $3K for services NOT rendered (except one testosterone implant.) I am taking it up with authoirities but i REALLY NEED ANY IDEAS ON HOW TO BREAK DOWN THEIR WALL AND GET THROUGH TO LINDA OR SHAWN. PLEASE PLEASE HELP!
Anonymous wrote:
I was a former employee of the Savannah branch of Bio Life Medical. I can tell you for 100% fact that they are the same company. The President/owner of the company is also the same person for the Savannah office. Linda is the General manager due to the fact she has and investment in the company. As far as the Jacksonville office, I have seen reviews stating they have closed their doors however they are still in operations under the same name as the Savannah office. I have been to this office in Jacksonville and can tell you if you do a google search you will see they have two different addresses. The office that is open is on Merchant Circle.
To Bill:
Don't let them bully you. The owner/President is afraid of confrontation. Neither him nor Linda have any medical knowledge to even base anything on. They are in it for the financial opportunity which is fine but I would think a basic knowledge of medicine should be in order. I wish you the best of luck.
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2011

Jen, the best I can maybe offer you is Linda's email address. I use to have her cell phone number but once I was terminated I deleted it from my phone. I do know there is an attorney in Savannah that is filing suite against them but I do not know how far he has taken it. The best way to find out who the attorney is (because I do not remember who it was) do a google search. There is another forum that talks about them and the lady gave the attorneys name. Good luck!

P.S.
I do know for a fact that after hours the phones get forwarded to Linda's personal cell phone.
Jen

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2011

OH YOU ARE AN ANGEL! Can we talk? I promise to keep it confidential. If I could get the atty's name and doesn't this Linda chick realize what's happening? Didn't Shawn Owens and she own it together before? It blows my mind!! Please email me and I'll send you my number
Jennifergcurlin@yahoo.com. Btw, thats not my real name-- it's someone I know out of state. I didn't want any creeps getting my info ;-))
Anonymous wrote:
Jen, the best I can maybe offer you is Linda's email address. I use to have her cell phone number but once I was terminated I deleted it from my phone. I do know there is an attorney in Savannah that is filing suite against them but I do not know how far he has taken it. The best way to find out who the attorney is (because I do not remember who it was) do a google search. There is another forum that talks about them and the lady gave the attorneys name. Good luck!
P.S.
I do know for a fact that after hours the phones get forwarded to Linda's personal cell phone.
Former Employee BioLife

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Whether anyone comes back to this forum or not I would like to make a statement. I found this because I have been looking for Linda myself...but only because I still respect what she tried to do. Shawn Owen is the criminal here. Linda tried her best to to allow those from Jacksonville BioLife who had already paid in full to be treated at the Savannah location. It ended up costing her a very large amount of money and forced her to close her doors in the end. Linda was an honest, caring woman who invested everything she had into the Savannah location. She did this because she began treatment in Jax and wanted everyone to realize there was hope in the form of bio identicals. Shawn swindled Linda. Period...just like he has done HRC where he used to work. Shawn had a restraining order denying him access to the Savannah location in the end. So Linda had the best of intentions but Shawn not only ruined her reputation but left her financially devastated by embezzling money from her. Trust me...we all lost in this. If I ever see Shawn face to face again...but I suspect I won't. By the way...check in Tennessee and North Carolina for him as he was attempting to open yet another office doing the same thing. This was back in late 2011.
Anonymous

Statesboro, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Former Employee,

I do agree that Linda was a kind hearted person and had honest intentions when it came to her clients. I am willing to give her the benefit of the doubt that her decision to terminate my employment was even possibly due to Shawn, however what I have a hard time with is the fact that she lied to the official conducting my unemployment hearing and she was caught red handed in the lies by the official asking her simple questions. On the flip side, I believe in forgiveness & have long since forgiven the offense. I really enjoyed working with her & Kelleen.

My only regrets was that my termination came from asking to leave early that afternoon to see my Doctor due to being extreamly sick with influenza. I may never know the full reason why I was terminated but I hold no grudges. If I can not forgive then how can God forgive me when I answer to him on judgement day.
ara

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Anonymous wrote:
To Bill:
How crappy of you to throw Linda under the bus when she was not to blame at all in this situation. SHe was taken by Shawn Owens...he is a thief (he has a history of taking people for a ride) and nothing about him is moral or ethical. I know that now unfortunately. I worked for Linda in the Savannah office and she was nothing but kind to the patients both from Jax and Savannah. She tried her best, AT HER EXPENSE, to treat the patients who had paid in full at Jax, lost ALL of her retirement in this deal and her reputation. That woman has a heart of gold and her only intent was to bring to Savannah the type of BHRT she recieved in Jax and have ppl feel wonderful like she did!...the finger needs to solely point to Shawn Owens.
Anonymous

Brooklet, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

ara wrote:
<quoted text>
How crappy of you to throw Linda under the bus when she was not to blame at all in this situation. SHe was taken by Shawn Owens...he is a thief (he has a history of taking people for a ride) and nothing about him is moral or ethical. I know that now unfortunately. I worked for Linda in the Savannah office and she was nothing but kind to the patients both from Jax and Savannah. She tried her best, AT HER EXPENSE, to treat the patients who had paid in full at Jax, lost ALL of her retirement in this deal and her reputation. That woman has a heart of gold and her only intent was to bring to Savannah the type of BHRT she recieved in Jax and have ppl feel wonderful like she did!...the finger needs to solely point to Shawn Owens.
To respond to this, I did in no way throw Linda under the bus. I agree that she is a kind person & in light of the events that followed after leaving the company, I have to believe it was Shawn that was behind everything. I honestly now feel that she was not the reason for my untimely termination. I hate that she worked so hard for something that she believed in just to see it crumble. Regardless of the fact that I was a past employee, as matter of fact I was one of the first two there when it opened, I have no hard feelings towards her. There is a long story as to the resulting termination of my employment which I believe was no fault of hers. I honestly believe had it not been for Shawn, I would have been there till the bitter end. If it were not for Linda, I would have not lost 52 lbs to which I will forever be grateful for. Even though Shawn is a crook, I have come to the conclusion that by having any hard feelings would require me to care in which I do not and I have not given it a second thought since. Shawn will be caught & the Piper will come to collect. One can not expect to not reap what he sows. Good luck with your future endeavors and I pray that Linda is able to rise above all this & triumph over what has happened to her.
Anonymous

Brooklet, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Oh and one last thing Ara, please take a moment to read all previous posts before accusing someone of "throwing" someone else "under the bus." When you do not take in account the previous posts, it makes you look like your going off half cocked without all the information. This is not intended to be rude or disrespectful, but as a little helpful advice.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Green Cove Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Iron Order mc 3 hr ReturdUr 18
April Marie Study 6 hr Tenn 3
butcher off the Bantu JiHad this side of Syria 8 hr noshellswill 1
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 13 hr Liberal forever 2,954
State Attorney and Public Defender (Duval Count... (Mar '08) 14 hr Update 9,939
Debate: Ferguson - Jacksonville, FL 15 hr noshellswill 9
Cheaper to butcher American Muzzi-wogs at home ? 15 hr noshellswill 3
•••
•••
Green Cove Springs Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Green Cove Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000