Gun Permit Controversy

Mar 13, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: NBC26

A controversy is brewing over whether to publish the names and addresses of concealed carry permit holders.

Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Mar 13, 2012

Since: Nov 11

Anderson, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2012

My question would be - do they publish names and addresses of licensed drivers?

“Tu ne cede malis”

Since: Dec 06

Lots of different places

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2012

Judged:

duzitreallymatter wrote:
My question would be - do they publish names and addresses of licensed drivers?
You're attacking the problem from the wrong angle.
You'd get better traction were you to ask: Do they publish the names, addresses, and other info on all cops, politicians, judges, prosecutors, etc.?
Since most of those individuals desire to remain 'anonymous' for obvious reasons, then why should others in the community be revealed?
What about fishing licenses, or hunting licenses, or trapping licenses, or ...?
From thence, you may attack the problem from this angle: If none of those other classes of people don't have their information published as a matter of record, then any such thought as =SINGLING OUT= a particular class of licensees is beyond the pale of violating their Fourteenth Article of Amendment protections: EQUAL PROTECTION UNDER THE LAW.
If those others are protected by privacy, then so must everyone.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2012

Judged:

Highlander wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd get better traction were you to ask: Do they publish the names, addresses, and other info on all cops, politicians, judges, prosecutors, etc.?
Since most of those individuals desire to remain 'anonymous' for obvious reasons, then why should others in the community be revealed?
From thence, you may attack the problem from this angle: If none of those other classes of people don't have their information published as a matter of record, then any such thought as =SINGLING OUT= a particular class of licensees is beyond the pale of violating their Fourteenth Article of Amendment protections: EQUAL PROTECTION UNDER THE LAW.
SPOT ON!!!

Anderson, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2012

Highlander wrote:
<quoted text>
I was just taking baby steps with respect to these people. If you "overload Norman" with data & requests things get confusing for them.

“Tu ne cede malis”

Since: Dec 06

Lots of different places

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2012

duzitreallymatter wrote:
<quoted text>I was just taking baby steps with respect to these people. If you "overload Norman" with data & requests things get confusing for them.
Well, I understand you POV. BUT, when attacking that matter of ignorance, or ~pretend~ ignorance, you simply MUST do a full-frontal assault, as otherwise you're going to be engaged in continual 'guerilla' operations in defence of your liberty, i.e., a piece here, a piece there.
Is that what you really want?

Anderson, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2012

Highlander wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I understand you POV. BUT, when attacking that matter of ignorance, or ~pretend~ ignorance, you simply MUST do a full-frontal assault, as otherwise you're going to be engaged in continual 'guerilla' operations in defence of your liberty, i.e., a piece here, a piece there.
Is that what you really want?
I play poker and tend to not show all my cards until I need to. Not that I don't understand or respect your position.
CCW CITIZEN

Alexandria, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2012

100% TRUTH
Highlander wrote:
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Green Bay Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Green Bay People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Green Bay News, Events & Info