Suamico Ale House Rumors?

Posted in the Green Bay Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mr Curious

Appleton, WI

#1 Jan 21, 2010
So Ive been hearing for the past few months that the suamico ale house is going out of business and being bought by festival foods, I have my wedding reception planned there for jan. 2011 and already put a deposit down.
Has anyone else heard this rumor?
Josh Elliott

Green Bay, WI

#2 Jan 21, 2010
Hello Mr Curious,

I am the General Manager of the Suamico Ale House and Pro Bowl. Let me assure you that the rumor you are hearing is 100% false. In fact business has been better that it ever has been. Look forward to seeing you at you reception.

Thank You,
Josh Elliott
General Manager
Suamico Ale House/Pro Bowl
Poor Service-Poor Food

Green Bay, WI

#3 Jan 23, 2010
Josh, I am glad you posted.
Can you hire friendly servers who treat the customers well? When I hear that has changed, we will consider eating there.
Keep the same attitude in that place as your staff has now, and you can guarantee you'll be losing business as other restaurants move into the area ... right now, you're one of a few choices.
Ms agree

Oshkosh, WI

#4 Feb 13, 2010
I do agree, the staff is getting better as far as being nice. but, they do not give customers enough attention, they do their own thing. when i want a drink, I don't want to wait over 5 minutes just to get served.
food and drinks are wonderful!
100percent satisfied

Green Bay, WI

#5 Feb 16, 2010
Stop in there probably once a month or so and have no complaints. Food is good and service is too.
Brenda

Appleton, WI

#6 Mar 17, 2010
Everyone has been great to us and food is beyond great! You better not close!
Agree

Green Bay, WI

#7 May 14, 2010
I agree, that the food could be better or at least priced better. As far as the staff and service...needs to get WAY better before we go there again or even recommend anybody else to go there unless we have to becuase of a party. There are 1 or 2 good staff members who actually care about their customers, so props to them!:) I thought my expections were high because I grew up in the business. It's good to know I'm not alone.
CLE

Oconto, WI

#8 May 18, 2010
I totally have to agree about the waitstaff. Three times my family has gone in there (my husband and two SMALL children) and seriously have waited over 15 minutes to even get talked to by a waiter. We have sworn off eating there.. which stinks b/c we really want to like it since it's so close to us. I think that you need to talk to your waitstaff about being prompt and that if people have small children they need to eat FAST!!! I hope this changes b/c I could not believe it happened to us 3 times!!
Person

Oshkosh, WI

#9 May 20, 2010
I have to this place multiple times to eat and felt like giving them many chances as it is so close to my home in suamico, I find it odd that they say business is doing so well when "Those total false rumors" You are hearing have come from there own employees! and for the service where do I begin, hmm how about the waiter I was there 3 times within the last month and the last I was there was the first time that I was asked how I would like my burger. I was also there for a wedding back about october for my sister and the "Chicken" WAS SERVED COLD! were not even talking luke warm! as we were served our waitress asked if we needed anytthing else, I kindly responded yes EVERYTHING! one person could have ate more food than our entire table was served and I dont eat that much! on a scale of 1 to 10 I would give this place a 1 which is sad because it seemed like a very good idea in a growing location as for its outcome it dont see it making it to 2012
maggie

Green Bay, WI

#10 Jun 18, 2010
User Rating: Crap
6/15/10
My daughter and I ate at the Ale House for lunch today. I find it impossible to believe how terrible this resturant is. The service is riduculously incompetent, our server was brain dead, unable to complete the simplest of tasks like giving us a straw for our beverages. and then forgetting about us. My food was a HORRIBLE, GREASY, DISCUSTING MESS. I couldn't even eat it, the grease was pooled on the plate. Our server never came back until she dropped off the check, she couldn't even look at us and dropped my change on the floor and walked away. Do not waste your money here, the food is garbage, the service is beyond terrible. The manager on duty was to lazy to bother with the customers and pretty much ignored everything going around him. The owners of this establishment should clean house and fire the entire kitchen and resturant staff and start over if they want to save their business. I will NEVER eat there again.
Married without children

Oshkosh, WI

#11 Jul 18, 2010
I would just like to point out that I think many of you may be missing the boat on this one. This is not a McDonalds you are eating at...."fast" food is not expected at a place that is hoping to make its money off of you sitting and having a few rounds of drinks. Also, I would hope you do not expect to receive any faster service than the single person or the couple eating at the booth next to you just because you chose to bring children in with you. I have been there numerous times myself and with small groups, it is a wonderful place to relax, chat and take your time enjoying the company of those you are with. If your only goal is to get in and out, it may be in your best interest to chose a fast food restaurant down the road.
CLE wrote:
I totally have to agree about the waitstaff. Three times my family has gone in there (my husband and two SMALL children) and seriously have waited over 15 minutes to even get talked to by a waiter. We have sworn off eating there.. which stinks b/c we really want to like it since it's so close to us. I think that you need to talk to your waitstaff about being prompt and that if people have small children they need to eat FAST!!! I hope this changes b/c I could not believe it happened to us 3 times!!
fact is

Appleton, WI

#12 Sep 30, 2010
Mr Curious wrote:
So Ive been hearing for the past few months that the suamico ale house is going out of business and being bought by festival foods, I have my wedding reception planned there for jan. 2011 and already put a deposit down.
Has anyone else heard this rumor?
The bank has taken over The Ale House, so it will not be long until they close
fact is

Appleton, WI

#13 Sep 30, 2010
it will be closing soon, the bank has taken it over.
mr curious

Melrose Park, IL

#14 Sep 30, 2010
The bankers put new managers in place, the ale house isn't closing. Anytime soon. Rumors are probably started by disgruntled employees who were let go...
wedding soon

Neenah, WI

#15 Oct 4, 2010
The bank indeed has taken over but i was reassured that bus is running as usual?
curious too

Green Bay, WI

#16 Oct 27, 2010
wedding soon wrote:
The bank indeed has taken over but i was reassured that bus is running as usual?
May I ask how you found out that the bank had taken over? I am interested as I just booked the hall for my wedding next year.
Thanks for any information you can relay.
awful

Neenah, WI

#17 Nov 4, 2010
I was at a friends wedding last saturday at this establishment. It was the poorest food I have ever tasted, or didnt taste. They ran out of food and served undercooked chicken and undercooked potatoes. awful. you may want to think about what your doing.
lies

Brownsburg, IN

#18 Nov 4, 2010
I was at the wedding to. Chicken was fine, they did run out but there were 500 people and they weren't small people. Pots weren't bad, everything else was good besides being a little crammed. But not knowing a lot of the people, they were the rudest group of drunks I've ever been around. If the food was so bad then why did everyone eat it all.. note to others who attend a wedding, maybe don't get so drunk before dinner
very disappointed

Little Suamico, WI

#19 Nov 9, 2010
lies wrote:
I was at the wedding to. Chicken was fine, they did run out but there were 500 people and they weren't small people. Pots weren't bad, everything else was good besides being a little crammed. But not knowing a lot of the people, they were the rudest group of drunks I've ever been around. If the food was so bad then why did everyone eat it all.. note to others who attend a wedding, maybe don't get so drunk before dinner
Very sad writing...How many people sent their food back to the kitchen for being undercooked???? ALOT. I know the Bride and groom were very upset, and thy had a pact with each other to not get drunk to preserve the memories of their wedding. So alcohol is NOT an issue. If you were at the wedding, are you saying the guests were too fat, and thats why their wasnt enough food? Sounds to me like lack of preparation, Ale house had promised the bride and groom they could handle 500 people. They served undercooked food, and ran out...They definetely fell short, and the ones I feel sorry for are the bride and groom. This was their special day, and what kind of memories do they have now? Sad sad Sad! I am a family member of the drunk fat people you are referring too.
what a joke

Little Suamico, WI

#20 Nov 9, 2010
I believe I was at the same wedding everyone is talking about above. As for the comment from "lies"...you have no idea what you are talking about and if you were at this wedding you must be an employee or manager trying to save your business. If you are a guest at the wedding then you are really no friend of the bride and groom and probably shouldn't have been there in the first place. You would also know that the people there were not fat...they were adults and I'm sorry but adults eat...I myself am an adult and when I attend a wedding I expect the food to be good and there be enough of it. The food at this wedding was terrible. It took 45 minutes for our table to be served. There were 8 of us at the table and only 5 pieces of chicken served. the pork tenderloin was the thinnest piece of meat I ever saw, the potatoes were raw and ice cold and the same goes for the vegetables. The bun was very good so I will give you some props for that. I noticed that the capacity posted above the door said that place could hold over 500 people...if that's the case then why did I had to stand so the servers could get through, the tables were so close together you could barely move...that is really what I want to do...stand by my table and wait the 45 minutes to be served and then when I do finally sit down to eat I get asked again if I could get up or move my chair to the other side of the table so the servers could get through. What kind of place are you running here. To anyone that is planning to have a wedding at this place I would start looking elsewhere...this place is a joke. The beer was good....so if you don't care about the food then by all means book your wedding here

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Green Bay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Riverside Animal Hospital (Jan '13) Oct 15 Zach 2
Ashwaubenon Music Forum (Nov '12) Oct 11 Musikologist 13
Closing gap between students, employers, a greata Oct 7 ACE MILNER 1
Ronald McDonald House expansion means there'll ... Oct 6 The Giver 3
In Scott Walker race, he's the main issue Oct 4 ACE MILNER 1
Why does your Gazette suck up to Blacks so much? Sep 29 Darwin 1
Sirens in De Pere Sep 27 Juliet 1
Green Bay Dating
Find my Match

Green Bay Jobs