Morgan's family mourns the death of G...

Morgan's family mourns the death of Greg Smith

There are 123 comments on the Green Bay Press-Gazette story from Oct 19, 2006, titled Morgan's family mourns the death of Greg Smith. In it, Green Bay Press-Gazette reports that:

Relatives of accused shooter call incident chance to learn Press-Gazette Carl Morgan's family made a statement outside of Brown County intake court Wednesday after Morgan, 15, of Green Bay was charged with ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Green Bay Press-Gazette.

Jessica

Oconto, WI

#25 Dec 10, 2007
Amy wrote:
i can honestly say that i never saw Boots doing something like this...i know it's been a while since it happend but i've been thinking about it a lot lately.. he came to my school for almost a year and we became really close...and i miss him like crazy..the horrible thing about people saying all this shit is that you didnt know him on a personal level..he is really a good person...so until youve talked to him and get to know him..you have ABSOLUTLY NO reason to be bitching about him, i understand what he did was wrong..but..seriously...knock it off..
I agree with you here..
i went to school wit carl from pre school till middle school and we kept in touch over time. he would never really do anything like this to anyone without reason he was my best friend, and i love him dearly, nobody will change my mind, greg had NO right to get in carls face he MUST have done something to deserve it, nobody knows the WHOLE story, nobody probably ever will, so yes all you ppl need to back off.
Jessica

Oconto, WI

#26 Dec 10, 2007
Amor de 1 wrote:
Ephraim, WI. Dont let this nobody bother you. She hasnt a clue. If she was his "friend" her age is higher than her IQ.
haha bitch you better watch who you talk about.
your just a loser who sits on the computer and argues with pplabout stupid situations. yes im carls friend, whether you like it or not. grow the hell up you ignorant f*ck
nik

Oconto, WI

#27 Dec 13, 2007
i agree with jessica, no kid that young deserves to be put away over that.. they need more evidence to make 100 percent sure that greg had no reason at all to be shot..
Jessica

Oconto, WI

#30 Dec 17, 2007
i guarentee MORE ppl loved carl then greg.
greg was a a**hole. and carl will get out soon.
they dont have enough evidence to lock carl up for life.
sarr gil

Green Bay, WI

#31 Dec 19, 2007
i know carl like the back of my hand. i dated him in 6th grade and we went to the movies and after it was finished, we went out and he tried to kiss me and by putting his gentle hand on chin but i thought there was mustard on my chin for some reason so i said, "is there mustard on my chin?" and he said no, but i just left right after that and he never said any thing bay to me. Thank you carl morgan
sarr gil

Green Bay, WI

#32 Dec 19, 2007
woops i mean bad to me... he was a gentle fox. that is what his native american animal is
jessica

Oconto, WI

#33 Dec 20, 2007
aw that was the cutest thing i have ever heard sarr gil..
carl will be missed.. i have known him since i was in kindergarten and a little bit before then.. i always kept in touch with him since i moved and when i heard about the shooting i never thought hed do something like this.. there has to be a REAL good reason why he shot greg smith.. carl would never act out of anger that bad and go and shoot someone and kill him like he did. i know i talked to my father a few months ago and he had said that he was planning on talking to carl about it all since carl is a friend of mine and i dont turn 18 for a year yet so i cant see him alone. i just dont think its fair that a 16 year old like carl should be locked away on something so rediculous..
carl has my greatest wishes.
i love you boy.
sarr gil

Green Bay, WI

#34 Dec 20, 2007
thanks jessica. i've wrote carl since he has been in jail and from what he has told me, it wasn't all that they portrayed on the news. he has always come into my life one way or another since first grade and i know his parents very well, and honestly, he never got the chance to live out his full potential. he was sooo smart.
Girly girl

Green Bay, WI

#35 Dec 20, 2007
wow, i had a similar experience with boots when i was in 8th grade. Carl was very promiscuous and one night he wanted to take our relationship a little farther and I saw he shaved and I was like "carl, if your finna put it in me, make sure it's hairy!"
Jessica

Oconto, WI

#37 Dec 21, 2007
okkkk. girly girl that has nothing to do with whats going on now! and i dont want to hear about that shit and neither does anyone else for that matter. but thanks for sharing..
WOW
Jessica

Oconto, WI

#38 Dec 21, 2007
sarr gil wrote:
thanks jessica. i've wrote carl since he has been in jail and from what he has told me, it wasn't all that they portrayed on the news. he has always come into my life one way or another since first grade and i know his parents very well, and honestly, he never got the chance to live out his full potential. he was sooo smart.
he is very smart even in grade school when we were best friends he seemed to be smarter then everyone else. and he never really did have a great family life..:(
sarr gil

Green Bay, WI

#39 Dec 21, 2007
you went to grade school with him? because i did too, well up until he left in the end of 3rd grade. then he went to my middle school until he left in 7th grade to move to shawano... i know his family too... his older brother dated my sister and his little brother, love bug is the sweetest little kid ever.
sarr gil

Green Bay, WI

#40 Dec 21, 2007
and girly girl... i don't like you at all for saying that stuff about boots. it makes me want to grab your _ _ _ _ _ and pull it down and eat it
Girly girl

Green Bay, WI

#41 Dec 21, 2007
dear jessica. i think your just jealous of my sexual relations with him. obviously, he does not like you and wants to be with me FOREVER!
Nate

Saint Paul, MN

#42 Dec 31, 2007
Wow, you people are very immature. Greg was the nicest guy in the world, wouldn't hurt a fly. Whoopdi doo he got in some ones face. Like that hasn't happened to everyone talkin here and I bet you didnt kill anyone. If it was self defense then why did he shoot at people running away from the scene. He needs to go to prison for a long time, he took someones life and thats the law. RIP greg.
jessica

Oconto, WI

#43 Jan 3, 2008
sarr gil wrote:
you went to grade school with him? because i did too, well up until he left in the end of 3rd grade. then he went to my middle school until he left in 7th grade to move to shawano... i know his family too... his older brother dated my sister and his little brother, love bug is the sweetest little kid ever.
OMG i went to grade school with him at sullivan until 3rd grade when both me and him moved to jackson elementary in 4th grade..
me and carl were reallly close
jessica

Oconto, WI

#44 Jan 3, 2008
Girly girl wrote:
dear jessica. i think your just jealous of my sexual relations with him. obviously, he does not like you and wants to be with me FOREVER!
can you say obsessed?
holy f*ck.
you got issues girl.
you need some help..
seriously.
you will never know carl as well as i do.
not until you have lived like me and him did in our child hood and shit like that
jessica

Oconto, WI

#45 Jan 3, 2008
Nate wrote:
Wow, you people are very immature. Greg was the nicest guy in the world, wouldn't hurt a fly. Whoopdi doo he got in some ones face. Like that hasn't happened to everyone talkin here and I bet you didnt kill anyone. If it was self defense then why did he shoot at people running away from the scene. He needs to go to prison for a long time, he took someones life and thats the law. RIP greg.
one, he didnt shoot ppl runing from the scene, he fired off 2 warning shots before he shot greg just simply to warm greg but greg being the stupid ass he was kept going after carl so he shot him. honestly i would have shot greg too if he were stupid enough to come after me when i fire 2 warning shots.. retard. greg got in his face over a fricken lighter.
sarr gil

Green Bay, WI

#46 Jan 3, 2008
i agree with you, jessica. i hate you, girly girl and i can't believe you actually think you knew carl. you didn't know him at all because if you did, you wouldn't be talking like that about him. wow, you're such a devil's spawn.
Nate

Saint Paul, MN

#47 Jan 3, 2008
Wow, what did carl tell you that. Good source of information, since he is trying to protect himself. I would think the police report would be the best information, not be biased. Go ahead and keep beliveing a killer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Green Bay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pass The Message On Jul 27 The Key Day 1
Hank's Still Alive Jul 23 A Good Measure 1
Junior Miss Jul 23 More Is Less 1
McCarthy Worst Coach in NFL History (Jan '15) Jul 22 Embarrassed Fan 3
News Maxwell Majeski charged with homicide in fatal ... (Jan '10) Jul 19 great equalizer 3
Benchmark Poll for Poli Sci Course Jul 13 teegee 1
News Justice Department warns of gangs in Wisconsin (Dec '08) Jul 13 GDFBDSF 68
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Green Bay Mortgages