Nichols Accused of Murder of Hmong Hunter

There are 29 comments on the The Appleton Blog story from Jan 18, 2007, titled Nichols Accused of Murder of Hmong Hunter. In it, The Appleton Blog reports that:

James Nichols has been charged with murder in the slaying of the Hmong hunter, Cha Vang of Green Bay, Wisconsin.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Appleton Blog.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Darrin

Ottawa, IL

#21 Sep 2, 2009
hmong's aren't known for attacking people?? what a joke!

refer to link below

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,139239,00...

i can't stand the amount of foreigners in this country. and i don't give a rats-ass about accusations about white men taking it from indians. fact is--we took it. and by force. if foreigners want to try to taking something from us, let them try. otherwise, i'd like to see a german-style (of which i am 100%) rounding up of foreigners, load them up on train-cars and ship them out of here! anywhere! once out of sight, out of mind! and don't think it immpossible! alot of people never though nazis would have had the support & capability to "relocate" as many people as they did. americans just need to get more & more fed-up with our current gov't & system (as i already am). the time will come. and i will be right there to support that movement when it happens!
Kyle

United States

#22 Sep 2, 2009
Darrin wrote:
refer to link below
i can't stand the amount of foreigners in this country. and i don't give a rats-ass about accusations about white men taking it from indians. fact is--we took it. and by force. if foreigners want to try to taking something from us, let them try. otherwise, i'd like to see a german-style (of which i am 100%) rounding up of foreigners, load them up on train-cars and ship them out of here! anywhere! once out of sight, out of mind! and don't think it immpossible! alot of people never though nazis would have had the support & capability to "relocate" as many people as they did. americans just need to get more & more fed-up with our current gov't & system (as i already am). the time will come. and i will be right there to support that movement when it happens!
The bottomline is people need to live amongst their own kind and be part of a community or country where people all have the same values. When you intrude on anothers values and beliefs there are going to be problems. To many people, hunting land is sacred whether it be private or public. When some idiot intrudes on it and gets in your face whether they be hmong, white or any race there are going to be problems and the results could have easily ended the same way. So Nichols talked about Hmongs in a bad way? How do you think other racial groups talk about whites you self-righteous bitches!!
I prefer the old Soviet Red Army Style over the Nazi's. No one F'd with them! The nazi's were stupid and bit off more than they could chew at one time. If they would have been more patient history would have been different. The Russian Bear (Soviet Red Army) came in and crushed them! They were smarter, they bent but would not break.
josh

United States

#23 Nov 6, 2009
Hmong hunters will never get respect if they can't educate themselves. Private property and game laws are not up for debate, they are laws which must be follwed! Numerous times in the last few years i've had problems with hmong hunters trying to put stands on my 80 acres even though its posted every 40 yards, I ran into a group last week across from my driveway, they had 3 deer on their hitch hauler, none were wearing backtags, only one had a bow the other two had 30-30s, hmmm gotta wonder how many deer will be left? I called and reported them to the WDNR tip line, maybe a few fines might get the Hmong to realize laws are laws for a purpose. I'm not racist its just that every time i've met hmong hunters they were doing something illegal or just plain stupid.
Charly

Moore, SC

#24 Apr 7, 2010
I say, let all them haters kill each other out.
In the end, the smart one rules.

Ha! Ha!
Allen

Denver, CO

#25 May 10, 2010
Dawn Garcia wrote:
Personaly I am sorry you feel this way. My wish is that one day everyone will live in peace, Until then maybe they should ban hunting. It seens that some people are useing this as an excuse to kill others.
Just because you had one Nut Job decide to take anothers life doesnt mean BAN HUNTING. Nut jobs could care less about when and where there going to kill someone. I agree Hunting accidents do occure, but as you seen this was no accident. You see Nut Jobs are Nuts!! They always get caught, They always leave a huge hole in their stories, They never do anything they planned correctly.... Do you know why?? Because ther fricken NUT JOBS. Leave hunting alone....
John

United States

#26 Jul 3, 2011
I agree with both sides. But for a fact, isn't there a law against racial discrimination. I have seen many unequal and unbiased cases like this one, between Hmong and White. Like the Fong Lee case and Chai Vang, and Oklahoma hmong man. Whites will always provoke and start conflicts by harassing Hmongs. And be smart Hmong people, because in a court, usually the judge would lean towards his own race. I prefer unite and help out our Hmong people in times of great need. I know sometimes Hmong may sometimes break rules but you never insult someone's race or physically harm someone. Simply, report someone. Simple as that White people. I truly believe for a fact that the authorities are racist too because no matter what the situation or conflict was, white will always have the upper hand in court and trials, unless we unite and have many supporters to show how powerful we are. And we need to inform people everywhere, so they will see what really is happening
Eric L

AOL

#27 Jul 20, 2011
Darrin wrote:
refer to link below
Stupid post. The fact remains that Nichols shot Vang from behind and then stabbed him as he was dying. Nichols is a stupid coward who at a minimum deserves to rot in prison for the rest of his life. As far as your pro Nazi sentiments, this is the US, not a barbarian state like Nazi Germany. The US won the war, now get over it.
Ga hmong

Gastonia, NC

#28 Aug 11, 2011
Today racism is still alive and it will never died. I live in the south and racism is born here , not knowing what can happend from a confrontation with another race. I can tell you that some of my close hunting fishing guys are white. They are very respectful , they hunt on my land and I hunt on their land yearly. I would think Wisconsin be more rrespectful place to hunt then here, but I was wrong. Being that alot of people first settle there , there should be more peace .
RevJacobDietrich

Pleasant Prairie, WI

#30 Mar 1, 2013
I happen to know Jim very well. In fact, I consider him my best friend. He would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it. What happened was tragic, but it was NOT murder.
Jim has since come to know the Lord. He is a changed man, and this is over years. We ate together and spent every rec. period together in prison. He deeply regrets what happened. But folks, you were not there. I believe him because I seen the evidence, combed over the whole case, and seen what the DA "forgot" to include, and his lawyer, incompetently failed to introduce. Jim tried to get away after being shot, they found Jim's blood in a path that showed he tried to get away, this is all on the crime scene diagram, confirmed by the State's DNA lab. This was not brought out.
Many people try to make a huge thing about him hiding the body. Possessing a firearm as a felon is a FELONY. Jim was also on parole at the time this happened. When Jim was young, he committed burglaries and was told by the police that he would be given a break if he cooperated, they lied, he was hammered. What reasonable person in his shoes would not have freaked out and tried to hide what happened, after all, who would have believed him had he went right to the police, or been honest?
Also, think about what the Medical Examiner said, that Mr. Vang was shot with a shotgun from FIFTY FEET AWAY. When using a shotgun, especially the decrepit one Jim had, that might put a few pellets in him, but that is all. It is only natural that Vang was frightened of Jim, he was angry that Vang was in his hunting spot, and yelling. The Hmong hunter had just killed six hunters in another area of the state, so it is natural that he feared what Jim might do, and decided to take action first to save his own life.
These are all things that people fail to look at. Jim should not have been there. He should not have been hunting. But Jim TRIED to get away. In law, the "Reasonable Person" standard applies, meaning what would a reasonable person do in the same situation. There was an ice cold flowing river behind Jim, and Vang was between Jim and his car on the road. Is it not perfectly reasonable that a reasonable person would fear for his life too? Jim does not hate Hmongs. He never said that to his boss either. The police have a way of placing things in people's mouth, and whether they said them or not, once they agree the person may have said that, they do not want to go back on that. There are many studies and reports out there about the manipulative interview techniques the police use. If this were not true, why would there be so many people be being cleared after "confessing" to crimes they did not commit, only to later be cleared by DNA?
Folks, what happened is tragic. I do not take away from that, or fail to morn the loss of a human life. But there is more than one side to the story. Jim was demonized and treated as a racial hatred killer. He is anything but that. I attest to this before God, as an Ordained Minster. If he intended to kill that man, he would have admitted it to me. He is so in love with Jesus and so much more full of joy than anyone I have met since even being released from prison. He was like my shadow in prison, we spent all our time together, there is no way he lied to me for 4 years, being such strong brothers in Christ. He is no fake; but the real deal. If Jesus saved him, he can do it for you. There is no other way to heaven, no other way, and Jim has found it and wants only to share that with others, especially the Hmongs. Jesus said in John 14:6,"I am the way the truth and the life, no one comes to the father BUT BY ME." Jesus came to pay for OUR sins, everyone's. Jesus came to pay a debt he did not owe, a price we could not pay.

Respectfully In Christ,
Jacob Dietrich j_dietrich@yahoo.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Green Bay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Riverside Animal Hospital (Jan '13) May 20 kelsey 10
Family Bike Ride Turns Violent in The War on Cu... May 12 Amy Mia and Ina 2
The 2014 summer edition of the Krakow Daily Eag... May 5 Ina 1
Review: Waldo Inc Apr '15 Jacob 4
Everyone can take off on Tuesday due to Wiscons... Apr '15 Houston 1
News Steven Walters: E-cigarette popularity lights u... Mar '15 gravytrain 2
Voter ID Mar '15 John Kabele 1
More from around the web

Green Bay People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE