Happiest of Thanksgivings to all.

Happiest of Thanksgivings to all.

Posted in the Greeley Forum

“The Greeley Grizzler”

Since: Jul 11

Greeley

#1 Nov 24, 2011
As a young boy I remember Thanksgiving being a family time in my home with my mother and father and food, glorious food!
I remember one year in particular when my father asked me to give a blessing before the meal and give thanks to God. I don't know what to be thankful for, I said, I can't think of anything God has done for me, has He let me down?, I continued. Son, my father said, if you can't think of anything to be thankful to God for, then you have the problem not God. I believe I came up with something trite like, thank you that we have a nice meal, but over time I have found the real meaning of my fathers statement.
My father meant that there is never a time when there is nothing to thank God for what He has done for us. This Year as I reflect on things I am just thankful to live where we can have a meal and thank God for it, and for those who defend our rights to this throughout this and every year. May God be with us all and Bless us with the best of all Thanksgivings.
Well, that's my opinion anyway and you're welcome to it.
Griz.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Weld women are good choices to be judge (Jul '07) Jan 12 Anonymous 24
sorry Greeley, you suck (Dec '08) Dec 25 EvolvingHuman 7
News Trump Skeptical of Colorado Ballots' Accuracy Oct '16 Eleese Gengerech 1
Clinton to Open Borders -more immigrants Oct '16 vote4Trump 1
Trump vs Clinton 2016 Oct '16 MAGA2016 1
News Donald Trump Visiting Greeley for Campaign Stop... Oct '16 MAGA2016 1
Basketball Oct '16 Wallace 1

Greeley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance