The Greeley Grizzler

“The Greeley Grizzler”

Since: Jul 11

Greeley

#1 Mar 7, 2012
The news has been saturated with politics lately and sometimes I just have to turn off from it for awhile. Don't get me wrog, I love to talk politics (Gladys always seems to find something to clean in another room once I get started) and I can go on for quite awhile.
I guess what I think and talk about most these days is how we need to remember past failures in order to avoid them now. It was Spanish philosopher and poet George Santayana that is attributed with the quote, "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it".
A phenomenon that I find occurs more and more as I grow older is that my long term memory gets beter (yet sometimes I couldn't tell you what I had for lunch) and I am thankful that I attended school to gather so many facts.
When I get on a real talking jag about politics and world events, it's almost always thoughts of how something the nation is doing somwhere would have gone better had they remembered that same action failed before (often times more than once) and should come as no surprize it is failing again.
I guess the best way to put it (to those of you who are younger) is to quote Super Nanny who said: "You're going down the same road and expecting to see different scenery, and that's just crazy". It think this was Einstein's definition of insanity, only not in the same words.
I just realized Gladys is still cleaning in the other room so I best go and make sure she hasn't cleaned the paint of the walls.
Tha's my opinion and you're entitled to it.
Griz.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Greeley Oct 3 Sara Tait 9
People suck! Sep '17 Pan399 3
News Two men indicted in Greeley sex slave network Jul '17 Tawpix 1
How well do you know your neighbers Jul '17 Pber2279 1
News Marlando Talamantes, 26 - Fort Morgan Times (Jun '10) May '17 Noe Rodriguez 3
Greeley schools Apr '17 Ramirez 1
Small piece of ground to rent for RV? Apr '17 Narnim 1

Greeley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greeley Mortgages