Ther Greeley Grizzler

“The Greeley Grizzler”

Since: Jul 11

Greeley

#1 Jul 9, 2012
A robot lawn mower? Egads! I can't imagine anything worse. I am very nearly 83 years old and I still gain a great deal of satisfaction in keeping up my yard on my own.
I would miss the smell, the making of the rows and the precise height at which I enjoy cutting each and every blade of grass. Although time consuming and work intensive, nothing beats the (good kind of tired) feeling upon completion of a job well done. I don't remember any project I've ever done that brings about such satisfaction.
By the very fact that I'm writing this post on a computer proves I'm not frightened by new technology, however, there are somethings far too satisfying to turn over to a machine. So you can have your robots and watch like a wide-eyed boy while it replaces you, as for me, I will still know every inch of my yard and be able to tend to it's needs (in a far more sophisticated fashion) through my own knowledge of it's past and present performance and how it was achieved.
That's my opinion and you're entitled to it.
Griz.

“The Greeley Grizzler”

Since: Jul 11

Greeley

#2 Jul 9, 2012
(Ther) Greeley Grizzler? Darn technology!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Greeley waitress fired after posting racist rem... Jul 24 MM4lifeputagringa 1
News Go NoCo projects could be threatened as financi... Jul 21 Elise Gingerich 1
News Weld women are good choices to be judge (Jul '07) Jul 13 Victim 21
News Demand Radio Host Trevor Carey Disavow Remarks ... (Mar '09) Jul 9 Ric 7
News Greeley resident asked to remove American flag ... Jun '16 cress1948 1
Moving to Greeley! Jun '16 Pokeyr24 1
News CSU researchers find no water-based contaminant... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Elise Gingerdoodle 1

Greeley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greeley Mortgages