What can we say this Independence Holiday Season? So much destruction, so much waste. I love this Holiday, every year I look forward to the Parade and the Rodeo with fireworks, picnicing and family barbeques.
I guess for those of us not directly impacted by the fires (not in any immedate danger) and no family homes or cabins in perile, must just carry on as though it were an ordinary Holiday.
Perhaps though, if we know those who have experienced loss, it would behove us to reach out to them and share our good fortune and cheer them up as best as we can.
I know that the one thing I myself have looked for (during the many tragedies of the past 3 1/2 years) is for someone to take the lead and repeat those imortal words "We have nothing to fear but fear itself."
In more recent terms we can look to Sylvester Stalones words; "It's not how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit." Now this again must be a generation which stands tall for it's state, it's children, it's families and it's future as we take a big hit.
The most important thing we can do is pray for all of the above, as there is no greater thing we can do. May the Good Lord Bless us all this Holiday and once again defend us and our Independence throughout all.
That's my opinion and you're entitled to it.
Griz.