The Greeley Grizzler

“The Greeley Grizzler”

Since: Jul 11

Greeley

#1 Apr 26, 2012
I'm falling apart. I guess I should restate that as; In the natural order of things age is allowing certain functions of my body itself to break down. Muscles don't support surfaces and functions as well, and organs slowly begin to fail.
I suppose it's like I heard "the ageing facts of life" spelled out in a movie once. In mid life you'll have an illness, by 50 or so you'll have a procedure performed by a doctor, at 60 or so you'll have a genuine operation and by 70 you'll likely have all three at one time or another.
The truth of the matter is; From the time we're born until the time we die, we're dying. Illness, physical deterioration and just plain old age are a fact of life, should we be blessed to make it old age (blessed or cursed depending on if your the glass is half full or half empty type).
I guess these facts don't surprise me yet,(because I still feel about 18 inside) somehow it has caught me off guard.
Well, that's my 15 minutes of pain about done (this is what old people discuss with each other) so I'll move along and let you get back to enjoying life, such as it is.
I guess if I could hope that you were to take anything away form this it would be (to those of you who are younger) enjoy your relationships with family and friends. In the end relationships are really the only thing we can carry out with us when we go.
That's my opinion and you're entitled to it.
Griz.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News CSU researchers find no water-based contaminant... Nov '15 Elise Gingerdoodle 1
Info (Oct '15) Oct '15 robert 1
Alexander Cane Zander Perez memorial celebratio... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Rest In Peace 1
Review: Energes Services (Aug '15) Aug '15 stealth 1
News Weld women are good choices to be judge (Jul '07) Aug '15 Guy Fawks 20
News 4-year-old pronounced dead after drowning in pr... (Aug '15) Aug '15 We hate fort coll... 1
Miniature schnauzer (Aug '15) Aug '15 Amalia 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greeley Mortgages