Stella Pastucci candle exploded
Posted in the Great Meadows Forum
#1 Dec 6, 2012
DON'T BUY FROM SKYLITE CADLE CO EXPLICIT WARNING (Must Read): roughly 7 months ago I had purchased a candle from Stella Pastucci and it exploded & burned my couch. I had left the room to start the dishwasher, I know youíre not supposed to leave an unattended candle burning but I was only out of the room for a minute or two when I heard a LOUD BANG. I ran into the room, glass, gel & flames everywhere! I had let it on the coffee table roughly 2 feet from the couch. It exploded with enough force that it burnt the armrest, seat & back rest. The closest thing was a blanket my grandmother had made for me before she died, all I could think to do was to throw it on the flames to smother it, but it was too late. The damage was done, my couch & grandmotherís blanket was ruined and I was terrified. All I had asked for was for her company to replace my couch $700, but she told me I was a liar and to go ďFĒ myself & hung up on me. I tried to contact her again later but refused to answer my calls. Iíve done some research on her & those types of candles and found some very interesting facts. Stella doesnít have a manufacturing license or insurance so the only way to recoup my loss is a law suit, which means retaining a lawyer at $1,500 that I donít have, twice what I could replace the couch for. I also found out that she has a criminal background and has been arrested several times for assault & drug possessions. She was also fired from a former employer for stealing credit card numbers from their clients. I also found out that these types of candles have a long history of problems. Here is one caught on camera exploding
#2 Dec 6, 2012
Glad you did not get injured. Have you thought about contacting the news channels, like cane on your side?
#3 Dec 7, 2012
No I didn't but will look into it now. I posted this on her Fbpage and got threatened by her and harassed by her friends. All I wanted was my couch replace.
#4 Dec 7, 2012
I don't know her personally but seemed like she was pretty cool. I bought one from her like a year or so ago and had problems but nothing like you experienced. When the wax got low the flame got very high, like a foot or more. Wouldn't blow out so I used a bowl from the kitchen to cover & smother the flames. Didn't know you had to be licensed to make them but sounds reasonable. I haven't bought anything else from her since. Sorry to hear of your luck.
Add your comments below
|Rotarians' Shredding, E-Waste Recycling Fundrai...||Oct '14||Michael2327||1|
|Volleyball Open Gyms ~ Renegade||Oct '14||Reggie||1|
|Shoplifter Tried Taking Bulk of Nicorette Gum f...||Oct '14||Theif||1|
|Debate: Marijuana - Hackettstown, NJ (Jan '11)||Oct '14||David||12|
|Renegade Volleyball Club - Grand Opening||Oct '14||Reggie||1|
|Halloween historical walk||Oct '14||Tooth fairy||1|
|Hawthorne woman dead, several injured after pic...||Aug '14||trollmega||1|
Find what you want!
Search Great Meadows Forum Now
Great Meadows News Video
Copyright © 2014 Topix LLC