Gunman shoots self after standoff

Jul 16, 2009 Full story: Fairfax Times 8

After a 24-hour standoff with police, a gunman hold up in a Pimmit Hills home shot himself Wednesday evening.

Full Story
one who was there

Falls Church, VA

#1 Jul 18, 2009
Hank Valentini was a loving Father and just wanted to see his son, who was being taken from him by Hank Jrs mother who was not a kind person and came . She made his life miserable for eight years!
Seeing clearly

Woodstock, VA

#2 Jul 20, 2009
Excuse me, 'one who was there', you clearly were not there. He murdered her. He was an abusive, violent person not a loving father. Everyone who came into contact with him knew that.
yes

Mclean, VA

#3 Jul 22, 2009
What was the little boys name? I think I might have taught him in a preschool..
left long ago

Cumberland, MD

#4 Jul 28, 2009
i went to school with hank while he was not the best student in school i never thought he could do something like this.god be with his son and everyone else touched by this
the woman

College Park, MD

#5 Aug 27, 2009
Well "one who was there" I was really the one who was there, and you obviously didnt know Hank. He was never violent with me or his son and believe me I was around alot! I am not excusung what he did it was clearly wrong, however dont make him out to be the only bad acting person here. Hilary was not a nice person herself and I know this for a fact!
donald cox

Nashville, TN

#6 Sep 7, 2009
Man me hank was best buds till i moved away in the 4th grade hate this happens some one keep us updated
Victim of Hank

Culpeper, VA

#7 Mar 16, 2013
I dated him for a year. He beat me and then beat me for pretending it was my fault until I could safely leave. He stalked me. Broke into my house. Always saying that he was a kind hippy biker. I had never been hit by a man. To get out alive I moved to NYC and went to grad school. me... Here's a loving Hank memory. He hid a gun on a camping trip into the Smokey Mountains and beat me in the state park center. Threatened me with the gun. right on my temple. imguess later he knew what that felt like.... cold steel and death. I ran... The state troopers and park authority saved my life. Arrested him, took the gun, sewed me back together, paid to fly me home, clothed and hid me. I never saw him again. He kept leaving quarters to call him and sending me boxes of stuff. Those kind people risked so much. I saw him beat his sickly elderly mother. She left forever, too.

He was evil and sick. No judge should ever have given him even visitation and I am so sorry for his son who must be confused over who this monster was and his murdered mother willing to fight for him and die. Thar is what ewe moms do. Happily married for 13 plus year with three babies.
Hanks Cousin

Alexander City, AL

#8 Jul 14, 2014
Victim of Hank wrote:
I dated him for a year. He beat me and then beat me for pretending it was my fault until I could safely leave. He stalked me. Broke into my house. Always saying that he was a kind hippy biker. I had never been hit by a man. To get out alive I moved to NYC and went to grad school. me... Here's a loving Hank memory. He hid a gun on a camping trip into the Smokey Mountains and beat me in the state park center. Threatened me with the gun. right on my temple. imguess later he knew what that felt like.... cold steel and death. I ran... The state troopers and park authority saved my life. Arrested him, took the gun, sewed me back together, paid to fly me home, clothed and hid me. I never saw him again. He kept leaving quarters to call him and sending me boxes of stuff. Those kind people risked so much. I saw him beat his sickly elderly mother. She left forever, too.
He was evil and sick. No judge should ever have given him even visitation and I am so sorry for his son who must be confused over who this monster was and his murdered mother willing to fight for him and die. Thar is what ewe moms do. Happily married for 13 plus year with three babies.
I am Hanks cousin and am very distressed by this information that Hank treated his mother badly. My father and Hanks mother were brother and sister. I just found out about this a few months ago and would like more information if possible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Great Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
100% Verified 2014/2015 Waec Gce Maths Answer... Sep 17 sandra 3
the 2014 gce/waec answers.....utme(jamb) regist... Sep 17 desmond 1
100% WAEC GCE LITERATURE IN ENGLISH ANSWER POST... Sep 16 Mr prof 1
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) Sep 13 Tony 1,358
Verizon/ATT/Who? A GF-Centric reliability poll Sep 9 Lostie 1
Anyone had any run ins with RICK RAHIM ? Aug '14 mdubber10 2
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) Aug '14 Time Flys 2,545
•••
•••
•••

Great Falls Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Great Falls People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Great Falls News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Great Falls