Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 148873 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#87835 Sep 29, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
You're traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's the signpost up ahead - your next stop, the Twilight Zone!
Doo doo, doo doo!
LOL
You might want to look into that "Alternate universe"
the scientists "KNOW" exists...
It's just not what they were looking for!

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#87836 Sep 29, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>You can ask Him when you see Him... IF that is what's on yer mind at the time!
I'll bet it won't be!
IF your god where real I would tell him to his face that he is the most evil, sadistic bastard ever.
You do understand that your god hates you because you are not Jewish right?
well

United States

#87837 Sep 29, 2012
Thinking wrote:
When something dies the life returns to Him who gave it.
The body, or supporting structure, turns back to dirt and the life returns to Him. The same is so for plants, animals or anything that lives. Life cannot be conjured in a lab. We may manipulate the inhabiting structures or components, but we can not develope or conjure the life.
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#87838 Sep 29, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>No YAA, I do not need god to know it is wrong to cheat old people out of their life savings, Romney worships money, you worship the voices in your head, I worship life itself.
If you need the threat of Hell to be good you are not moral, you are a coward that responds to threats
Hahhahahaha!
Then you better not vote for that lying Obama!
He's already stole Millions from yer grandma, AND gave it to his muslim friends!
Romney is Good with money, he Knows how to make it...
Something America needs right now... Badly!
Your fear is unfounded....
He will not make you stop yer gay activities...
He might make you keep them out of our homes, n schools
where Perversions do NOT belong!
He'll also save a few babies.... unless you get a super duper sexchange... I don't think you'll have to worry about an abortion!
of course it might be a problem with that 10 year old you've been teaching!
no longer

New Haven, KY

#87839 Sep 29, 2012
Why does God allow certain people into our lifes? We often wander. Those that hurt us, those that take us for granted even those that cause us pain. I could sit and ask why all night, but I just have to think that in some way , even thru pain , those people are helping to lead me to where he wants me to be. I am weak, and I need his help daily , but he is the only one , who knows my heart and soul. So I guess everyone else does not matter. Doesnt make it any easier though at times. Carrying ones burdens tends to really pack you down. But when carrying others as well, it can really break you down. May all our burdens be light. And may love be our guide out of the dark.
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#87840 Sep 29, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Have you been smoking YAA's meth? When you die that is it, you no longer exist. How can you think that you will always be?
Hold that thought!
Hahahahaha!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#87841 Sep 29, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>IF your god where real I would tell him to his face that he is the most evil, sadistic bastard ever.
Hahahahahaha!
Prove it!
Everyones roots are from the middle east...
God told Abraham that his seed would number the sands of the sea!
I'll bet, even you have a bit of sand in yer genealogy!
But I can understand yer hatred, as I was a bit like you...
Then I got saved!
Thank you Jesus!
I pray the same for you!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#87842 Sep 29, 2012
WENN
Actor Rupert Everett has received a barrage of "hate mail" and "death threats" after he made a series of controversial comments about gay parents.
The openly homosexual star came under fire from campaign groups after he stated that children "need a father and a mother," adding, "(I) can't think of anything worse than being brought up by two gay dads."
He subsequently clarified his remarks, insisting he is not "against" same-sex couples having kids, but he has now revealed that he has since received a number of nasty messages.
Everett tells British newspaper the Daily Telegraph, "I've now had all this hate mail and there have been death threats, too... All the queens out there now have it in for me. I'm loathed by them. I'm having to take evasive action."
I'll bet it was the death threats that made him change his mind... that, and the loss of work!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#87843 Sep 30, 2012
You all have a Blessed Day!

Isaiah 60:1-62:5
The Gentiles Bless Zion

1 Arise, shine;
For your light has come!
And the glory of the Lord is risen upon you.
2 For behold, the darkness shall cover the earth,
And deep darkness the people;
But the Lord will arise over you,
And His glory will be seen upon you.
3 The Gentiles shall come to your light,
And kings to the brightness of your rising.
4 "Lift up your eyes all around, and see:
They all gather together, they come to you;
Your sons shall come from afar,
And your daughters shall be nursed at your side.
5 Then you shall see and become radiant,
And your heart shall swell with joy;
Because the abundance of the sea shall be turned to you,
The wealth of the Gentiles shall come to you.
6 The multitude of camels shall cover your land,
The dromedaries of Midian and Ephah;
All those from Sheba shall come;
They shall bring gold and incense,
And they shall proclaim the praises of the Lord.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#87844 Sep 30, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:

Because the abundance of the sea shall be turned to you,
The wealth of the Gentiles shall come to you.
6 The multitude of camels shall cover your land,
Oh great. The fishing will be good and lots of camel dung. Woohoo!
Creation

Richmond, KY

#87845 Sep 30, 2012
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
Science reveals God to us.
Awesome and correct answer!
Creation

Richmond, KY

#87846 Sep 30, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>The preaching of the Cross is foolishness to those who are perishing!
I know what He did for me, and None but Him could have done it!
God Bless!
Amen and God Bless to you.
Creation

Richmond, KY

#87847 Sep 30, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>IF your god where real I would tell him to his face that he is the most evil, sadistic bastard ever.
You will have your chance. I really wish that you would take the time to find him in a positive light first. However, you can do with the life he has given you as you please.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#87848 Sep 30, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>LOL
You forgot about the edge...
In all probability 10 trillion times... it's gotta stand up once!
I know... you don't have to say it!
Hahaha!
I didn't forget... And it might, flip it Enough times and it absolutely would land on it's edge and stay standing... Now for Big Numbers of Probable particle interactions that lead to Life consider the number of Particles in the Universe... A Single Hydrogen atom has at a minimum 2, but considering gluon's and quarks it's really much more, but we really can never know exactly.. So the number of particles in the Universe that can interact makes a trillion to the 10 trillionth power seem like a small number..... Then let those interactions occur over a minimum of 16 Billion years, But I think it's more like 50 billion years because most astrophysicists do not consider the velocity of c a variable... I do of course and would calculate a much slower expansion rate after the inflation period due to density of matter causing the early universe to expand at a much slower rate, increasing it's rate of expansion as it expands....
Just Noticed

Ray, OH

#87849 Sep 30, 2012
God sure is getting a lot of attention here. That is good.
Thinking

United States

#87850 Sep 30, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't forget... And it might, flip it Enough times and it absolutely would land on it's edge and stay standing... Now for Big Numbers of Probable particle interactions that lead to Life consider the number of Particles in the Universe... A Single Hydrogen atom has at a minimum 2, but considering gluon's and quarks it's really much more, but we really can never know exactly.. So the number of particles in the Universe that can interact makes a trillion to the 10 trillionth power seem like a small number..... Then let those interactions occur over a minimum of 16 Billion years, But I think it's more like 50 billion years because most astrophysicists do not consider the velocity of c a variable... I do of course and would calculate a much slower expansion rate after the inflation period due to density of matter causing the early universe to expand at a much slower rate, increasing it's rate of expansion as it expands....
I personally believe that matter is infinitly small. That sub atomic particles are ever smaller so that there exists no particle without stucture.
That's just something that occured to me one day. I know it's not an original idea, but I'd never heard it before. Anyway, that's what I think and it seems to be in line with the way that God does things.
Fighting Satan

West Union, OH

#87851 Sep 30, 2012
I vote for God.

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#87852 Sep 30, 2012
Fighting Satan wrote:
I vote for God.
Then you choose evil.
Fighting Satan

West Union, OH

#87853 Sep 30, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Then you choose evil.
you are evil ...

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#87854 Sep 30, 2012
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
I personally believe that matter is infinitly small. That sub atomic particles are ever smaller so that there exists no particle without stucture.
That's just something that occured to me one day. I know it's not an original idea, but I'd never heard it before. Anyway, that's what I think and it seems to be in line with the way that God does things.
And there in lyes the rub.... You Believe... Which requires no evidence to form a rational conclusion... I Never believe and only base my conclusions on evidence...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greasy Creek Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dr. Maynard 1 hr sad 1
Anybody else notice stuff made in China Sucks? (Jan '11) 1 hr Raydot 31
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 1 hr IND 32,365
Island Creek shooting 1 hr right on the mark 113
judge in conn case pleads guilty! 2 hr Ohreally 4
Message to girls 2 hr NotKimDavis 7
Airport mobile home 2 hr Sick of Ray Ray 69
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greasy Creek Mortgages