Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 20 comments on the Feb 10, 2010, The Courier-Journal story titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Brodhead, KY

#87805 Sep 29, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
In probability theory it's called the Law of Large Numbers. The larger the sample, the closer the average of the flips will come to 50/50. It has no effect on whether heads comes up every other time or a hundred times in a row.
That is correct... What most of the folks that claim Random Chance in evolution do not consider is that it's not continually random... It was random when the first two particles randomly met and combined into a more complex form but at that point their combined gravitational fields, combined hetrodyned em wave forms gave them greater probability of doing it again... over time ever greater complexity becomes less random and more probable..

A better example for the penny thingy would be that every 10,000th flip you randomly glue two pennies together not watching if they are heads or tails or if you are gluing to another single penny or an already glued set... in time, given enough pennies, you will have more landing on their edges than either heads or tails...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#87807 Sep 29, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
That is correct... What most of the folks that claim Random Chance in evolution do not consider is that it's not continually random... It was random when the first two particles randomly met and combined into a more complex form but at that point their combined gravitational fields, combined hetrodyned em wave forms gave them greater probability of doing it again... over time ever greater complexity becomes less random and more probable..
A better example for the penny thingy would be that every 10,000th flip you randomly glue two pennies together not watching if they are heads or tails or if you are gluing to another single penny or an already glued set... in time, given enough pennies, you will have more landing on their edges than either heads or tails...
Hetrodyned wave forms & uncertainty principles? Standing waves & rogue waves?

Water ice - 2 water molecules make a random pairing, 3 make an equilateral pattern, 6 make a hexagon, 275 make a crystal, 10^18 make a snowflake... Complexity grows.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Brodhead, KY

#87808 Sep 29, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Hetrodyned wave forms & uncertainty principles? Standing waves & rogue waves?
Water ice - 2 water molecules make a random pairing, 3 make an equilateral pattern, 6 make a hexagon, 275 make a crystal, 10^18 make a snowflake... Complexity grows.
Absolutely.. As more complex interaction occur the more interactions will occur causes a more complex form, causing more complex interactions... Before those two water molecules pair a billion less complex particles interacted through hetrodyned wave forms to form the internal structures of the complex hydrogen atom and oxygen atom... My postulate implies that at the big bang only one form of matter in a primal state is needed to explain how all we observe exists today.. One Smallest Physical Particle kind each set to ringing with variable EM signatures connected to each other by the unified energy left over from the quanta of energy they were converted out of.. When the EM waves heterodyne some SPP's would be phased locked into stable positions while some would be repelled, while some would have em wave forms that cause annihilation of the SPP's converting them back into the unified indefinable energy form of the quantum state.. This view implies a self assembling, ever more complex structure to all matter in the universe...

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#87809 Sep 29, 2012
Creation wrote:
<quoted text>
Well by all means, educate me on the causation of the Big Bang. And while you are at it explain how life on earth so improbable actually came about. I took the liberty of doing some of the research for you.
"What about life itself? How did life come about? Could there be life elsewhere? NASA conducted an interesting study. They needed to know the possibility of life elsewhere in the universe. Earth could not afford the danger if one of our space vehicles were to bring back a deadly microbe for which man had no resistance.
NASA hired Yale University’s Harold Morowitz, a theoretics expert. Dr. Morowitz deals with “the laws of large numbers and probabilities.”
Here is how the probabilities theory works: you take a set of circumstances, and you scientifically determine the odds of a certain outcome. For instance, if you flip a coin, you have “even odds” of heads or tails. The more you flip it, the greater the odds are against it coming up “heads”
every time. Once you get to 1/1015, the probability of an event ever happening is negligible. If you get to 1/1050, the event could not have happened even once in 15 billion-years. After studying the complexity of a protein molecule, Dr. Morowitz concluded that the probability of life occurring by chance is 1/10236. 1/10236 takes into account all the atoms in the universe, and the chance that the right ones came together just once to form a protein molecule.
He said “The universe would have to be trillions of years older, and trillions of times larger, for a protein molecule to have occurred by random chance.”
It’s a bit like throwing 4 billion pennies into the air and having them all land heads-up. Evolutionists tell us that given enough time, this could happen. But as we just learned, there wasn’t enough time and there weren’t enough pennies."
Good luck Atheist..
This has been beaten down already, but this guy you're quoting was a NASA consultant and was not a Creationist. I don't think NASA "hired him" to figure out the probability of life existing on another planet. If so, then his response was "yes" because he believes life probably does exist widely in the universe. He also considers Creationism to be completely stupid, which it is.

Creationists like to look at something very complex, like a 747, and figure up the odds of that object coming together by random chance. Then they say "Hey look! Not even enough time in the universe for this to happen!" But no one has ever argued that such a thing happens or happened. It is a strawman argument.

The evidence the Creationists want to reject is too compelling so they have to attack cartoon versions of it that only make sense if you have no idea what you're talking about.
Creation

Winchester, KY

#87810 Sep 29, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Energy Flow in Biology? No, it came from "A Closer Look at the Evidence" by Richard and Tina Kleiss. I've read excerpts from the book, and found the "closer look" unworthy of a second glance.
This document was taken from Energy Flow in Biology, Academic Press, NY, 1968, p.99 and quoted in A Closer Look At The Evidence, by Richard & Tina Kleiss.

You would be half correct. I guess you really do not want to see the evidence of God. However, one day you will have no choice when you come face to face with him. We do not live forever.
Creation

Winchester, KY

#87811 Sep 29, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me, what are my "atheistic claims", please.
How about your thinking that there is no God. That is an atheistic claim.
Creation

Winchester, KY

#87812 Sep 29, 2012
Aww, I like watching the Atheist try to console each other. Lol

“See how you are?”

Earth

#87813 Sep 29, 2012
Creation wrote:
<quoted text>
This document was taken from Energy Flow in Biology, Academic Press, NY, 1968, p.99 and quoted in A Closer Look At The Evidence, by Richard & Tina Kleiss.
You would be half correct. I guess you really do not want to see the evidence of God. However, one day you will have no choice when you come face to face with him. We do not live forever.
Like so many others, you make the mistake of anti-thinking that the primitive writings of Jewish witch doctors has imprisoned some cosmic omnipotence to the beck and call of your misunderstanding.
Thinking

United States

#87814 Sep 29, 2012
Do you know what would be really interesting? Take your verified, validated and testable postulate to the lab and produce a single self replicating, living blade of grass. Your added intellect should take out the time factor. Or maybe just construct a seed that will produce that same blade of grass. I think that you will find that the process is a bit more complex than similar geometry and attractive forces.
But, thanks for the laugh anyway.(cut & pasted)

I like this post from before. I love science but we are still so far from understanding so many things.
Life, is something that we cannot construct. I know people will attempt to define "life" or "living" with some simplistic terminology in order minimize it's relevance. The use of science in order to explain away God seems to be the primary motive of many. As our understanding and knowledge grows and deepens it strenghens my faith.
I see "life" as His signature.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#87815 Sep 29, 2012
Creation wrote:
Aww, I like watching the Atheist try to console each other. Lol
I like seeing the christians pray when they should get up and do something. I also like hearing the christians say "sometimes god answers no" because NOTHING has ever been done by praying for it

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#87816 Sep 29, 2012
Creation wrote:
<quoted text>
How about your thinking that there is no God. That is an atheistic claim.
Thinking? Which god? The christian god? Lol, atheistic, you guys want everyone in a religion dont ya.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#87817 Sep 29, 2012
Thinking wrote:
Do you know what would be really interesting? Take your verified, validated and testable postulate to the lab and produce a single self replicating, living blade of grass. Your added intellect should take out the time factor. Or maybe just construct a seed that will produce that same blade of grass. I think that you will find that the process is a bit more complex than similar geometry and attractive forces.
I like this post from before. I love science but we are still so far from understanding so many things.
Life, is something that we cannot construct. I know people will attempt to define "life" or "living" with some simplistic terminology in order minimize it's relevance. The use of science in order to explain away God seems to be the primary motive of many. As our understanding and knowledge grows and deepens it strenghens my faith.
SOOO how did your god get life? Some one else create him???
spaceship earth_ss

El Dorado Hills, CA

#87819 Sep 29, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>SOOO how did your god get life? Some one else create him???
I can answer that. It was goat herders.
Thinking

United States

#87820 Sep 29, 2012
He is conscious eternity. No beginning and no ending. He is eternal life. We have a beginning and will have an ending. A secular example of us may be something similar to the digitized existence of "The Matrix". We are in a short term existence, living in another frequency than the eternal. They can observe us, pass through us and we can't perceive their presence, but we are completely open to them.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#87821 Sep 29, 2012
Thinking wrote:
He is conscious eternity. No beginning and no ending. He is eternal life. We have a beginning and will have an ending. A secular example of us may be something similar to the digitized existence of "The Matrix". We are in a short term existence, living in another frequency than the eternal. They can observe us, pass through us and we can't perceive their presence, but we are completely open to them.

You're traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's the signpost up ahead - your next stop, the Twilight Zone!

“There is no god”

War, WV

#87822 Sep 29, 2012
Thinking wrote:
So you do not believe that humans have eternal life? Life has no beginning and no ending, energy can not be created or destroyed.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#87823 Sep 29, 2012
Thinking wrote:
Science is based on naturalism. Naturalism is a way of trying to come up with the best explanations for what we observe based on evidence and reason.

God is not something we can observe. An idea like God cannot be part of science because it is inherently unscientific. It is not naturalistic, it is not evidence based, and it is not reason based. It is 100% faith based.

That's perfectly ok. You can have that, and be happy with it.

But don't call it science. And don't reject science simply because it does not confirm your faith.
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#87824 Sep 29, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I see that your location and the fat girl trolls location are the same. I thought it was you trolling using other names. Pretty sad that a meth head has such a need for attention, or is that why you use drugs?
Do the world a favor and stop using meth get your head right seak professional help
Hahahaha!
Talk about needing attention!
I tell you all (including you) to have a good day, and
you go on a stupid rant!
The Lord has taken me off meth, so I've got the creator
of the universe, and the human body helping me...
ya can't get anymore more professional than that!
I will 'SEEK' one thing for ya....
yer salvation! But with all that anger, and evil intentions...
you might want to pray too!
BTW I just got a new internet provider, and am surprised it
shows winchester "most" of the time now!
You really shouldn't hate... puts wrinkles on yer face!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#87825 Sep 29, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree wholeheartedly - Christians are peaceful! You don't see any of Romney's kids in Afghanistan or Iraq!
I don't see you either!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#87826 Sep 29, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree wholeheartedly - Christians are peaceful! You don't see any of Romney's kids in Afghanistan or Iraq!
Oh, n BTW...
He's a Mormon...
You should know the difference!
Still has more morals than SP!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greasy Creek Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 1 hr Ronald was a poser 25,864
john chaney 1 hr poker 6
Chris Salyer (Jul '12) 1 hr Pikes peak 106
Our Great Pike County Paper 4 hr Paper 1
Add a word, Drop a word (May '10) 5 hr _FLATLINE-------- 24,049
dr. manning 5 hr patient 6
Creed T (Jan '14) 6 hr woman in Red 26
More from around the web

Greasy Creek People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]