Why work, if the government will take...

Why work, if the government will take care of you?

Posted in the Grayson Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Working poor

Grayson, KY

#1 Mar 17, 2010
Why are places more worried about people on HUD than a working man, why not equal treatment? Sawgrass, Popular Plains and Grayson Townhomes all have income restrictions. Let someone who makes just a little more than the limit, and they crap all over you. Why do they go by your gross, when you have medical and taxes coming out of that? I know someone will say, "Well you have medical and it should count", why is that? Do they hold peoples medical cards against them?

I bet if you added up peoples HUD, foodstamps, free medical, heating assistance, etc., they do as good if not better than a lot of working people. No wonder nobody wants to work, why should they?
hey

Ashland, KY

#2 Mar 17, 2010
AMEN PREACH IT
agrees

Campbellsville, KY

#3 Mar 17, 2010
I see where you're coming from...it seems like alot of people these days are manipulating the system...the question is...why are the one's who actually need it the ones who are unable to get it? This is what drives me crazy about America...John Doe is using taxpayer's money to get prescription medicine, which he may not even need, in that case sells them. While Jane Doe really needs hers and has to go without because she can't afford hers out of pocket...and we got all these dope heads on hud, when i heard just the other day that this family was living out of their car...and you people who sell your food stamps...if you don't want them, im sure the food stamp office would be happy to decrease the amount...u people are so selfish!!!
Summer Candace Knight

United States

#4 Mar 17, 2010
"We work cause millions of people on welfare depend on us"
dismayed

Campbellsville, KY

#5 Mar 17, 2010
Summer Candace Knight wrote:
"We work cause millions of people on welfare depend on us"
I think we got that already, sunshine, we're trying to figure out why so many people are dependant on us when they are perfectly capable of holding jobs.
Summer Candace Knight

United States

#6 Mar 17, 2010
Why should they get jobs? We are working to support their lazy asses!!!
Our tax dollars pay their bills! Would you work if the goverment was giving u a check?
worthlessBastard s

United States

#7 Mar 17, 2010
They R a bunch of worthless Bastards....NO good for nothing except sucking the system dry!!
truDAT

Campbellsville, KY

#8 Mar 19, 2010
man i couldn't have said it better, i really wonder sometimes if these people in this area may be drinking retard elixir or something, because ive lived here a lil over a year, and i see more white trash, pill saleing, 14 yr old girl banging, pieces of shit i've ever seen
Interesting

Morehead, KY

#9 Mar 19, 2010
worthlessBastards wrote:
They R a bunch of worthless Bastards....NO good for nothing except sucking the system dry!!
and thats exactly why the economy is the way it is now.
angry

South Point, OH

#10 Mar 19, 2010
truDAT wrote:
man i couldn't have said it better, i really wonder sometimes if these people in this area may be drinking retard elixir or something, because ive lived here a lil over a year, and i see more white trash, pill saleing, 14 yr old girl banging, pieces of shit i've ever seen
i got something to add to your comment...carter county has gone to the dogs...all u parents need to start payin attention to your kids...us taxpayers are the ones supporting them the least you can do, as parents, is keep an eye on them...we're not paying for them and supervising them as well, so pick one or the other...
ObamaCare

Flushing, NY

#11 Mar 19, 2010
You can betch your ass if the healthcare reform bill becomes law I will be going to the doctor for a frickin hangnail! All this is going to do is provide more incentive for folks to not support themselves. As a working tax payer I'm not gonna work so 'everyone' can have healthcare without making sure all my health needs are met. I'm sick of this entitlement crap. Get off your butt and go to work! The whole country would benefit.
I agree

Grayson, KY

#12 Mar 20, 2010
ObamaCare wrote:
You can betch your ass if the healthcare reform bill becomes law I will be going to the doctor for a frickin hangnail! All this is going to do is provide more incentive for folks to not support themselves. As a working tax payer I'm not gonna work so 'everyone' can have healthcare without making sure all my health needs are met. I'm sick of this entitlement crap. Get off your butt and go to work! The whole country would benefit.
First of all, I say drug test them, they're no better than us working people. Got money for dope, then you must not be to hard up. Next, I say let them pick up trash off the sides of the road, clean parks, or just help clean their own community for 8 hours a day. No more sitting on the porch waiting on the mailman. They don't show up, then cut their benefits.

As for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (foodstamps), make them show a picture ID with their EBT card when purchasing items. Also the items should be as the name says nutritional, so no coffee, pop, chips, cookies, etc.. I know someone will say, "I should be able to buy whatever I want, they're mine", well if you don't like it, don't sign up then.

In closing, I too am sick of this entitlement crap, which gives people no incentive to support theirself. Time for people to start being held accountable!
bill

United States

#13 Mar 20, 2010
Why work it would interfere with my time on here
oh my

Campbellsville, KY

#14 Mar 20, 2010
ObamaCare wrote:
I think before you say you will go for a hangnail you might want to read the revised report on health care reform. you will have to PAY for it and each time you go to the doctor for what ever reason you will have a co-payment. But also be advised you will NOT be covered for lots of things you have coverage for now. The health care refom is NOT FREE!! Each person will have to pay someting just like medicare is now so there is no free ride coming to you. I pay 487. per month for two people now even tho my husband has medicare that we pay 96. a month out of his social security check each month for it. Yet there are things we are not covered on at all such as dental and eye glasses. You will find out and Im sure we are going to get health care reform shoved down our throats that theres actually very little covered by it so think long and hard before saying youre gonna enjoy it.
Southern

Grayson, KY

#15 Mar 20, 2010
I wish I was smart enough to beat the system. I was dumb enough to bust my ass in college to get a degree and now I bust my ass working... What was I thinking!! I could have just sat on my ass and had babies and get a crazy check and snort pills. Geez.

Since: Feb 09

Grayson, KY

#16 Mar 20, 2010
oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
I think before you say you will go for a hangnail you might want to read the revised report on health care reform. you will have to PAY for it and each time you go to the doctor for what ever reason you will have a co-payment. But also be advised you will NOT be covered for lots of things you have coverage for now. The health care refom is NOT FREE!! Each person will have to pay someting just like medicare is now so there is no free ride coming to you. I pay 487. per month for two people now even tho my husband has medicare that we pay 96. a month out of his social security check each month for it. Yet there are things we are not covered on at all such as dental and eye glasses. You will find out and Im sure we are going to get health care reform shoved down our throats that theres actually very little covered by it so think long and hard before saying youre gonna enjoy it.
also, if the bill passes, everyone will be required to buy health insurance, and if you do not, you will suffer a penalty from the IRS; the bill is completely unconstitutional.
bob

Ashland, KY

#17 Mar 21, 2010
better hope it don., pass .its hard enough right now .sure they can sit on their butts with one side their butts in the air where their wallets stuffed with cash .easy for them to say.AND by the way where is are rights for the yes or no on this matter? i feel i,m living in another dam country here .what about you?

Since: Feb 09

Grayson, KY

#18 Mar 21, 2010
bob wrote:
better hope it don., pass .its hard enough right now .sure they can sit on their butts with one side their butts in the air where their wallets stuffed with cash .easy for them to say.AND by the way where is are rights for the yes or no on this matter? i feel i,m living in another dam country here .what about you?
is it just me or can anyone else not understand a d@mn word bob just said
Stewart

Grayson, KY

#19 Mar 30, 2010
Southern wrote:
I wish I was smart enough to beat the system. I was dumb enough to bust my ass in college to get a degree and now I bust my ass working... What was I thinking!! I could have just sat on my ass and had babies and get a crazy check and snort pills. Geez.
I tell myself that every day I goto work.
ECHS Junior

South Webster, OH

#20 Mar 30, 2010
I just wanted to say that I thought in this democratic country we were suppose to have representatives in the house to do what we want, a Pres. to do what was the best for our country, and citizens to take more of a stand.
I don't see how they are able to push the health reform bill the way it is now when no one wants it. What does the constitution say about it anyway?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grayson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jessica O'neil 2 hr duh 2
psychic 2 hr donkeypunch 2
sexiest girl in town 3 hr Fisherman 36
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr Family Man 142,410
somone selling baby formula on facebook (Jan '13) 5 hr TaydonsMom 38
Clifton sigman 5 hr wtf 7
Kenny Allen Bailey 6 hr the black rider 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grayson Mortgages