KCU puts family of five on the street......READ!!!!!!!

Posted in the Grayson Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of172
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
embarrassed Christian

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2009

Judged:

FACT NOT RUMOR....A family of five that relocated here from another state solely to attend KCU for ministry got evicted from their campus apartment. Evidently the man that KCU interviewed for the presidents job recruited and gained their confidence that the finances would be no problem. After just one semester(maybe two), not exactly sure on how long they were there, the money ran out and the promises that were made to them were not true, rather to make the "interviewee" look better interviewing for the presidents job; after all, the more people he recruits might gain him ground in his pursuits. They were promised jobs, and plenty, PLENTY of money to get them through school. NOT THE CASE! Another case of christians shooting their wounded. I understand that this family is still in Carter county because they are stranded and out of money. Is this what KCU wants? Is it about your bank account or your willingness to serve Christ by serving others? When a family gives up ALL they have to follow God, why isnt KCU sustaining them financially, emotionally, and spiritually? This is a husband, a wife, and 3 small children that have been lied to, misled, and mistreated by KCU, an institution they trusted enough to give up everything they knew to come here to Grayson. Forward this and let people know what our "CHRISTIAN" college is doing to their brothers and sisters in our community. Who is being held accountable for this abuse of trust?
wow

Flatwoods, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2009

this is very sad if true, i atteded one semester there and hated it, but i never thought they would do something like that. prayers are with the family.
Ashamed of KCU

Grayson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2009

Judged:

This really doesn't surprise me. It's not the first incident of this sort that has taken place.
Thank you for making this one public. The "churches" that support the university are as much to blame as the university itself. Look at them. They speak for themselves!

Since: Apr 09

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2009

Judged:

If these allegations are correct then this is a real trying time for that family & they must really put their faith in God.

Please pray for strength to overcome this test of Faith.
Wildflower

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2009

Absolutely pathetic, but it doesn't surprise me at all. KCU is a total scam. I have lived other places, especially in northeastern Ohio, and every single church I attended had ties to KCU and did once monthly fundraisers for that school. A total scam. Blame some of our banks for being real cozy with them; one in particular. Wouldn't help local people to save their a**, but bankrolls KCU. I would love to see them (KCU) run out of town! Only then, will Grayson grow in the right direction. Just my opinion.
late night in the City

Broken Arrow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2009

Judged:

Navin R Johnson wrote:
If these allegations are correct then this is a real trying time for that family & they must really put their faith in God.
Please pray for strength to overcome this test of Faith.
Or even better, actually do something to help them get home. Barring that, volunteering an extra room for them to stay in until they save enough to move back themselves.

I have long thought that KCU was a drag on the community. They have basically ZERO interaction with the community and expect everything to be just as they want it. Morehead State students are constantly doing something for their community. They volunteer for Habitat for Humanity, donate blood in huge volumes, pick up trash along the roads, along with a lot of other worthwhile things. Its about time for the christian university to share the values of its secular neighbor.
gtown

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2009

KCU's Students also knock boots with 15 year old kids in middle school, or so the story goes around their campus.
empathy

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2009

the victim here is either a pastor or youth minister in carter city, and we all need to pray for them.
You Cannot be Serious

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2009

Judged:

For the record, KCU is not a "total scam". That statement absolutely makes no sense whatsoever. If you actually knew anything about the college, you would realize that it depends on private and church donations to survive. They receive no federal funds. How on earth does that comprise a scam? By the way, great plan you have--to run a bunch of Christian people out of town. Just what a town in crisis needs!! Could KCU have more interaction with the community? Absolutely. But I can attest to the fact that the people of Grayson do not exactly greet KCU students with open arms. It's a shame really, for both parties. But maybe you should get your facts straight before speaking on them next time. Pretty sure none of us know the "real" story here--and most stories do have two sides!

“I Smoke Out The Truth!”

Since: Apr 09

Grayson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2009

Judged:

empathy wrote:
the victim here is either a pastor or youth minister in carter city, and we all need to pray for them.
Can you provide a few more details please? Prayer is all well and good, but I have to agree with "late night" here...something needs to be done to help this family in the meantime, while the prayers are waiting to be answered.
truth

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2009

Judged:

wow I know this guy from actc...it is true...and he is very upset about all this. they are from either Illinois or Indiana. I remember thats why he was going to actc...and the main story rang a bell. they are a great family, yes I believe he is still in ministry but struggling. they need our prayers and kcu needs a wake-up call. its all about the money...
Wildflower

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2009

Judged:

To: You Cannot Be Serious, Yes I mean scam. Just because KCU doesn't receive federal dunds does not exempt them from scam status. I think they're scamming churches and private donors with the "we're so Christian and Holy" crap and then pull a stunt like the one stated above. And for your information, my family has been long-time aquaintances with Mr. McKenzie from years gone by at KCU and we've heard some pretty wild tales about the way things are run at that institution. Leads one to believe that it's more about bringing money in, instead of leading by Christian example. It wouldn't hurt my feelings at all (and I have a feeling that many Carter Countains might agree with this sentiment) if KCU moved it on down the road. I say good riddance!
Tim

Flatwoods, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2009

Judged:

I grew up here... Have been around KCC (KCU) all my life. Believe me.. there's little they won't do. It's definetely not Christian oriented. Not any more at least. They take and take from the community but never participate or support stuff that isn't in their best interest in one way or another. They even tell students during orientation to not associate with the "locals".. I know people that have been through it that have told me about it. It's about money now... just like everything else. Sorry outfit !!!
o me

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2009

Judged:

I have sat through 2 orientations as a parent..and I heard it said for the students to get out in the community and visit local churches and businesses...If you haven't been to one ..don't believe everything you hear. I won't say that the other stuff isn't true...because I don't know...BUT I wouldn't say anything until I know for sure...
BFF Rose

Grayson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2009

Judged:

kcu if any body is reading this that has any say so whatsoever in the school u better hope this is not true.. evicted a family out on to the street would jesus do this come on if this is true you better tell that family to come on back and repent to them or else he says in the book of rev i will removed your candle stick i hope this is not true ==im a pastor myself
Disgusted

Grayson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2009

Judged:

KCU is a joke. Always has been, always will be. They ARE a drain on our community, and do nothing to support our town. NOTHING! Never ever give anything back. But we are expected to give and give and give....enough! Glad someone put this in the spotlight, and those of you who didn't know before...well, now you know. I was raised in one of the local "churches of Christ" that support KCU..not going to say which one, because it doesn't matter. I've watched this ever since I was a child. I got away from that church as soon as I was old enough to convince my parents that I was perfectly capable of choosing my own church, and have been in one of the Baptist and/or Pentecostal persuasion ever since. I've watched KCU for years doing the same old thing...standing there with their hand out, taking and taking and taking from our community. Also knew lots and lots of students who were enrolled there throughout the years...the college was only concerned with their "appearance", not with the true character of their students.
now

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2009

Judged:

now that they are in with kings daughters hospital they will only get worse.
Been there

Campbellsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2009

Judged:

You Cannot be Serious wrote:
For the record, KCU is not a "total scam". That statement absolutely makes no sense whatsoever. If you actually knew anything about the college, you would realize that it depends on private and church donations to survive. They receive no federal funds. How on earth does that comprise a scam? By the way, great plan you have--to run a bunch of Christian people out of town. Just what a town in crisis needs!! Could KCU have more interaction with the community? Absolutely. But I can attest to the fact that the people of Grayson do not exactly greet KCU students with open arms. It's a shame really, for both parties. But maybe you should get your facts straight before speaking on them next time. Pretty sure none of us know the "real" story here--and most stories do have two sides!
Ok First of all, I know first hand. I attended KCC and was told that I would have enough money to pay for everything and have a meal card. Well that was wrong. I worked 40 hours a week at a local fast food place and told them it would be after 10 when I got home and they said that would be fine,and someone would let me in to my dorm, well it was not. I ended up getting kicked out for missing curfew too many times after my first semster and then got a bill stating that I owed them 1,100.00. People in Carter County need to stand up and say enough is enough. KCC or KCU whatever they call themselves now, is only after one thing and that that is money and they don't care who they hurt to get.
Tim

Flatwoods, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2009

Judged:

Been there wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok First of all, I know first hand. I attended KCC and was told that I would have enough money to pay for everything and have a meal card. Well that was wrong. I worked 40 hours a week at a local fast food place and told them it would be after 10 when I got home and they said that would be fine,and someone would let me in to my dorm, well it was not. I ended up getting kicked out for missing curfew too many times after my first semster and then got a bill stating that I owed them 1,100.00. People in Carter County need to stand up and say enough is enough. KCC or KCU whatever they call themselves now, is only after one thing and that that is money and they don't care who they hurt to get.
I hate to say it but you're right ! It's more than obvious.
harv

Flatwoods, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2009

Judged:

Try to find people they've helped outside of their own staff and little "clicks" They sit in a caccoon there and isolate themselves. God knows what's going on there though... He'll take care of it in His time....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of172
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

44 Users are viewing the Grayson Forum right now

Search the Grayson Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 min Mike Duquette 128,566
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min American Lady 146,105
New restaurant 15 min matty c 36
Too many people out for themselves nowadays. 27 min Curious 1
is cintas on industrial pkwy hiring? 1 hr Tammy 16
chad hall 2 hr matty c 6
Roger Gumm (Sep '11) 2 hr the girl 21
•••
•••
•••
•••

Grayson Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000