Next Last
Former student

Chicago, IL

#1 Dec 3, 2010
Can't believe no one has been talking about state investigating ECHS
maybe

Ashland, KY

#2 Dec 3, 2010
What exactly are they doing? I heard they were just checking on low test scores.
joke

United States

#3 Dec 3, 2010
The school is a joke! I wish it would get taken over!!!
susie

Morehead, KY

#4 Dec 3, 2010
Former student wrote:
Can't believe no one has been talking about state investigating ECHS
People have been talking, just not on topix!!
Truth

Ashland, KY

#5 Dec 3, 2010
No actually the problem Is the kids know the test Is not going to matter If they graduate or not. None of them testing has ever been taken seriouslly. Maybe If they make the test to be part of them graduating or not, the kids might try a little better!!!! Everyone wants to blame the School & the Teachers, but in all honesty the students don't really care about It.
well

Canada

#6 Dec 3, 2010
The students feed off the teachers & the TRUTH is that most teachers don't care either!
question

Grayson, KY

#7 Dec 3, 2010
Do you think it really matters?
Huh

Elizabethtown, KY

#8 Dec 3, 2010
If the state was really smart they would look into the cooks and investigate why everyday this week the school can't afford to feed there kids! Everyday this week the cafeteria has ran out of food! Sounds like poor management to me! I feel the state takin over might be the best thing that has ever happened to them! Maybe now they will get some teachers in that can actually teach and get rid of the ones that show up just for the money!
absolutely

United States

#9 Dec 3, 2010
Yes, and stop the teachers from having sex with the students!!
Pinished

Grayson, KY

#10 Dec 3, 2010
First off, the test scores reflect whether or not the teachers are doing their jobs..and most of them aren't. I say most, not all. I sat in several of my classes and did nothing while the teacher played on the Internet or flirted with the students.

Second, the cooks don't manage how much food is bought for the school...that is whoever does the budgeting for the county.

ECHS is in trouble, that's obvious. If you listen to Go Radio of the morning, you would know that. The state is most likely going to step in and put a stop to the non-sense that goes on up there. I, for one, think that would be absolutely fantastic for the students.=)
tired

Morehead, KY

#11 Dec 3, 2010
its well known that alot of teachers havnt been doing thier jobs, but those tests should be worth points to the students grades, i know many dont try out of pure laziness, because they know it dosnt matter to them
Hello

South Point, OH

#12 Dec 3, 2010
The students can't complete the test because the material has never been taught and if it has it wasn't explicit. The questions that are on the test cannot therefore be answered by the students so its best to just guess. Better yet, just go through and mark which ever.
question

Grayson, KY

#13 Dec 4, 2010
Isn't the real issue, will we finally get a good football coach now? If the state really wants to help, they should make sure we get a coach with a proven track record of winning. Who really cares about a test anyway? Nobody pays to watch a test.
seriously

Ashland, KY

#14 Dec 4, 2010
get rid of dr. dowd hes worthless a real smart ass he could careless about the kids passing or even trying to help them out" stay in trouble and do nothing, have all f's or get pregnant and you can go to alternative school and get your diploma while the kids who need a 1/2 credit and actually try dont get their diploma "makes me sick!!
cuntree boy

Morehead, KY

#15 Dec 4, 2010
it shouldnt be hard to weed out the teachers who dont do thier job, even the janitors can tell who they are, showing a video every day isnt teaching
Truth

Ashland, KY

#16 Dec 4, 2010
Heres the thing. I know the test scores are to see how well the teachers are doing there job. But I remember when I took those test every year and could had gave a sh** less about how well I done, because I knew It wouldn't affect me!!! That is what most of the kids do, Is rush through the test so they can sit in the library an do nothing!!!! Sorry but that Is the truth.
No Doubt

Grayson, KY

#18 Dec 5, 2010
"If the state was really smart they would look into the cooks and investigate why everyday this week the school can't afford to feed there kids! Everyday this week the cafeteria has ran out of food! Sounds like poor management to me!"

It's not the cooks fault. The district is probably trying to save money by cutting down on how much they feed they kids.
SOMETHING SHOULD BE DONE

Ashland, KY

#19 Dec 5, 2010
WHY DON'T THEY DRUG TEST TEACHERS AND FACULTY AND FIND OUT WHY SO MANY STUDENTS ARE ADDICTED TO DRUGS BY THE TIME THEY GRADUATE OR DROP OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL? AND YES- STOP TEACHERS (AND FACULTY)HAVING SEX WITH STUDENTS. EVERYTHING IS ALWAYS JUST COVERED UP. STUDENTS AND FORMER STUDENTS SHOULD START TALKING AND LET THE TRASH BE KNOWN. ADULTS SHOULDN'T PREY ON YOUNG PEOPLE.
Ugh

Ashland, KY

#20 Dec 5, 2010
OK. Im a student that attends ECHS! I want to learn just not at East Carter. Most teachers, well half of the teachers up there do nothing but sit behind their desk.. So dont be blaming the students. Our test scores our low. But Elliot Counties is alot lower. All the faulty and staff do is sit on their butts, smoking cigg's, the teachers knows about the students smoking in the bathroom why dont they do anything??! I would honestly rather go to West Carter then spend another useless day at East Carter. There is no way Im ever going to get in a college, with the education Ive learned.
Class of 2010

Ashland, KY

#21 Dec 5, 2010
Many of the teachers at east carter simply do NOT teach. I had many classes that we just set there and stared at the celing or each other. It's crazy..... And they wonder why so many East Carter graduates have to take remedial classes when they go to collage. I have had professors ask me if I went to East Carter when I told them I did not know what they were teaching. It's pretty bad that they can tell what school you went to by how little you know.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grayson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 min Hmmmm Really 135,213
KDMC grayson (Aug '14) 45 min expects a dr 15
best lawyer in grayson (Aug '09) 2 hr missmybaby 31
judge FLATT (Sep '10) 3 hr No doubt 145
Cracker Barrel?!? 3 hr Curious 5
where's CLIFTON sigman 5 hr From Experience 58
Cindy Miller 9 hr Sissy 7
More from around the web

Grayson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]