The Hop in Grayson
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
iamnameless

Ashland, KY

#1 Mar 4, 2009
This place is now closed. Tey had a good idea but to many people had their paws out looting the cash box and all. Does anyone have any opinion of any of this. Or maybe everyone has already forgotten the place.
i know

Wagoner, OK

#2 Mar 4, 2009
even though its closed now and we all loved to go rock out there it was the only decent place kids and adults could have good clean fun !!! its now a christian based place now but the hop will be missed
chewie

Knox City, TX

#3 Mar 12, 2009
good clean fun???
it smelled like pot all the time!
Anonymous

Nicholasville, KY

#4 Mar 13, 2009
The Hop was just a cesspool. Blake Collins and his friends ruined that place.
Danny Brown

Flatwoods, KY

#5 Apr 3, 2009
Anonymous wrote:
The Hop was just a cesspool. Blake Collins and his friends ruined that place.
BLAKE DID NOT RUN THE PLACE AND WE TRYED TO MAKE IT A GOOD CLEAN PLACE FOR THE KIDS AND PARENTS JUST NOT ENOUGH SUPPORT OR CAPITAL TO KEEP OPEN I DO KNOW I MISS IT REAL BAD AND I MISS THE BANDS ALSO WE TRYED.
Danny Brown

Flatwoods, KY

#6 Apr 3, 2009
iamnameless wrote:
This place is now closed. Tey had a good idea but to many people had their paws out looting the cash box and all. Does anyone have any opinion of any of this. Or maybe everyone has already forgotten the place.
IT WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN
DEBBIE BROWN

Flatwoods, KY

#7 Apr 3, 2009
i know wrote:
even though its closed now and we all loved to go rock out there it was the only decent place kids and adults could have good clean fun !!! its now a christian based place now but the hop will be missed
THANK YOU SO MUCH ILL MISS IT ALSO AND WILL ALWAYS. THANKS
HITCHINS GIRL

Nicholasville, KY

#8 Apr 3, 2009
MY BOYS LOVED THE PLACE!!!!
WTF people

Grayson, KY

#9 Apr 4, 2009
Someone needs to open another place like that. The biggest problem with the Hop was bands were getting booked that the kids didn't know. They were not going to pay to see a band they didn't know. The shows should have been once a week or once every 2 weeks. Not 2 a week. Money gets lost when you pay out $200 to $300 for bands a night and only 10 kids show up. The Hop was a great idea and the people that owned it were great. Everyone misses the Hop and the people there. Hopefully someone can step up and do this for the kids again.
Bond

Wellington, TX

#10 Apr 4, 2009
My opinion, I thought that place was a joke; why not go to real band concerts...
WTF people

Grayson, KY

#11 Apr 4, 2009
Maybe cause kids can't go to bars and need a clean place to watch bands play.
Bond

Wellington, TX

#12 Apr 4, 2009
theirs x-fest, stuff like that; you could consider; stuff that actually sounds good...
WTF people

Grayson, KY

#13 Apr 4, 2009
Yeah, stuff like x-fest is great but what about the kids that have parents who won't drive them out of the way to watch a show. Or the kids that don't have much money. Do they deserve not to see bands cause they can't afford x-fest tickets?
Watchman

Ashland, KY

#14 Apr 4, 2009
If someone was willing to start another place such as this, would all the bands from this area and the kids support it where it could stay open? And I mean no drugs and such. A clean place that wouldn't be always under the microscople of the law and be a safe place where you could have good music and a place to meet others.

I played in bands for around 30 some years and I've always wanted to have a place like this. Possible I may consider it, but not if people wouldn't support it or would'nt behave. All I hear is that the kids have nothing else to do, so they do drugs. Well, I love music. Everything from bluegrass to metal. I've played most of them except bluegrass. And I totally agree that there has to be something for not only the kids but others to do too. Not all older people that like live music like bars and traveling so far to hear a good live band. I think you'd be amazed at the things both ages would find they have in commen.

Comments?
maybe if

Lexington, KY

#15 Apr 4, 2009
Watchman wrote:
If someone was willing to start another place such as this, would all the bands from this area and the kids support it where it could stay open? And I mean no drugs and such. A clean place that wouldn't be always under the microscople of the law and be a safe place where you could have good music and a place to meet others.
I played in bands for around 30 some years and I've always wanted to have a place like this. Possible I may consider it, but not if people wouldn't support it or would'nt behave. All I hear is that the kids have nothing else to do, so they do drugs. Well, I love music. Everything from bluegrass to metal. I've played most of them except bluegrass. And I totally agree that there has to be something for not only the kids but others to do too. Not all older people that like live music like bars and traveling so far to hear a good live band. I think you'd be amazed at the things both ages would find they have in commen.
Comments?
Maybe the microscope of the law wouldn't have been so present there had they not heard about kids buying drugs there. I heard it on a daily basic how the kids around here could get any drug they wanted from there. Sad that we can't have something for the kids in Carter County to do without people either accusing people of selling the drugs or else someone actually selling them drugs. I for one was never in the place but I did hear alot about it from others. Several pretty trust worthy people too. Just like the place before that which was Christian based, we later find out the guy running it, wasn't what we thought either.
youll never guess

Ashland, KY

#17 Apr 7, 2009
The hop whas the best thing that ever happen to Grayson.
Dude, my little 8 year old sister loved that place.
She got up on stage and headbanged with OITC and nearly cried when they shut it down.
I seriously think, that the local bands should get together and do something and open it back up.
That was the best place in Grayson.
Everyone had fun down there.:)
Yeah

Idalou, TX

#18 Apr 8, 2009
I would love for it to open back up.
ron

Ashland, KY

#19 Aug 4, 2009
My girls liked it to. and yes they got beer when they were there.But guess what school is starting and yes you can get any drug that you wont at school.do you think they are going to close it down?? no they wont even bring in the drug dogs in.??? they need to do something about the school. and the drug dealers at the school.
Now

Ashland, KY

#20 Aug 4, 2009
There is a skate shop in that place now and they are having shows plus guitar hero comps. Its called The Screen Door skate shop. Look it up on myspace for shows and upcoming events.
DEBBIE BROWN

Elizabethtown, KY

#21 Aug 7, 2009
Listen we really tryed hard to keep it a clean place for kids. That is one reason and the most reason why I shut it down due to We couldnt keep the bad out and thats not what we opened the hop for. We really wanted to have a place for the kids to go but its every where you go and you cant do anything about it I really do miss the hop and the kids bad and probley would try to do it again if I could get the support it needs. Instead of dropping the kids off the parents need to stay and enjoy the show with the kids it would have probley helped. Thank you to everyone that has talked good about the hop.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grayson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shanta Galvan 45 min Marty Nichols 3
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr another viewer 148,466
New girl at marathon 1 hr Rambler 13
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 2 hr Terra Firma 12,024
guy with a pony tail on top of his head 3 hr funny 4
Rent 2 Own 7 hr The smart one 16
Casey Newland 8 hr shame 10
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grayson Mortgages