YFL cheerleading
curious

Grayson, KY

#1 Sep 28, 2012
I have been trying to dcide on whether to put my child in Yfl cheer or Cats tumbling, I have heard alot of different things (good and bad) about both. Can some parents that have experience with both pleas give me your input.
Jen

Grayson, KY

#2 Sep 28, 2012
Cats tumbling if you want them to learn something. The little girl cheer-leading is more of just fun letting them play dress up and for the moms. If you want your daughter to be able to cheer in high school and maybe college then she needs the tumbling classes.
If I had it to do over Id put my daughter in tumbling first to teach her how to tumble, then cheer after she learns atleast most of her basic tumbling. My daughter did learn the tumbling and its alot harder when they are older because they have found fear, when they are small they arent scared and are soo much easier to teach. I took gymnastics as a child but never cheered. Let her learn the tumbling then she will make a great cheerleader.
Parent

Russell, KY

#3 Sep 28, 2012
YFL Cheer is a joke. Do Cats or something like it. They don't teach them anything at YFL!
Wendy

United States

#4 Sep 28, 2012
Were is YFL & cats sucks. Unless you are rich and wanna kiss their asses. If not then you will regret cats. Have you not read the post on her Cats Coach James? Trust me he is the biggest asshole and he not only trashes parents & teens but he also bad mouths the little kids. He talks about the owner and all the coaches like a dog
parent

Wagoner, OK

#5 Sep 29, 2012
YFL is great to introduce the girls to cheerleading! Not all kids or parents want their children to be professional cheerleaders, they just do it for fun! Besides, little girls need to be little girls. There is no need for all the makeup and half uniforms. Tumbling is also great for them, but they need to learn that there is more to life than being a cheerleader and that they shouldn't be judged on their appearance at such a tender and impressionable age.
mom

Ashland, KY

#6 Sep 30, 2012
YFL definitely, I have done both and my daughter actually learned her cartwheel through YFL cheerleading and a lot more discipline as well. she really enjoys it and it has much more structure to the program than does Cats from my point of view.So Best of luck to you on whatever you decide. They stay doing something the entire time at YFL whereas at Cats they run around and play while they are working with the other girls.
lol

Salt Rock, WV

#7 Oct 21, 2012
wow,,,so much controversial!!
parents

Grayson, KY

#8 Oct 21, 2012
Ive seen the little girls cheerleading I dont know anything about the cats place. The kids are not the problem its the parents! They let the siblings run around out there and its all a competition on whos kid looks better dresses better etc etc Parents are ridiculous and take the fun out of everything. Soccer doesnt seem to bad the little kids get to have fun with it it seems like!
wrong

Grayson, KY

#9 Oct 22, 2012
Not the parents its the coaches. They have their own kids coaching therefore needless to say there is a big difference there and they are very very un organized. They never know the right times the kids need to be at a game and when things are cancelled they might make a comment a couople hrs before hand on fb, but for those that don't have it (which is quite a few) they just don't know about it. Or the ones who do have jobs and aren't always checking their fb. But if you want you kid to cheer then you better use it or make one!! I really don't know why they pay 75 bucks for. The parents are constantly asked to buy or make things for the team and the coaches can't even go down the list and call the parents if something is added or changed. But there are a couple of moms out there that are just sad. One mom is constantly telling her daughter on the 3/4th gd team to pull her shirt down because nobody wants to see her fat. I was shocked, especially when this mom might as well have been melted and poured into her clothes.
parent

Ashland, KY

#10 Oct 22, 2012
It's easier and more convenient for the coaches to post on fb, due to their work schedules, rather than to attempt to call each individual child. If that is an inconvenience for you, then you should bring it to their attention, I am sure that they would be more than willing to accomodate you. Also, you were not required to buy or make anything other than a pair of white shoes for your child and the pink breast cancer socks were optional. Anything else that is sold goes towards funding the banquet at the end of the year, trophies, and gifts that each child receives. As far as I can tell, you are one of the sad moms who wants to get on topix and make up lies in order to suit your own agenda. If you have a problem with any parent, then be an adult and talk to the parent(s) you have a problem with about it.
AGREE

Grayson, KY

#11 Oct 22, 2012
It is the parents. I am there alot with my niece and the parents are in competition. They let their other little kids get out there right in the way then think everybody else should think its cute, we dont! Theres one there that the little girl is cute and probably could do good if her big loud mother could keep her nose out of it! I fell sorry for some of these kids...
mom

Grayson, KY

#12 Oct 22, 2012
My daughter cheers for yfl and this is her first year and she loves it. No matter what sport and whether its school or not the kids always have to sell things. I don't know if you just aren't use to sports or not but I grew up playing ball to and she has brothers that play basketball and in other things, since I played yrs ago the kids have always had fundraisers. There is alot that goes on but it boils down to if the kids have fun or not. If you don't have fb or no other way of finding things out I am sure they woud be glad to call you if you need it. You have to let them know since I am pretty sure they are not mind readers. Plus I am pretty sure they are doing this free so whatever your problem is I think it goes further than the things you said.
cheermom

Springfield, NJ

#13 Oct 31, 2012
Wendy wrote:
Were is YFL & cats sucks. Unless you are rich and wanna kiss their asses. If not then you will regret cats. Have you not read the post on her Cats Coach James? Trust me he is the biggest asshole and he not only trashes parents & teens but he also bad mouths the little kids. He talks about the owner and all the coaches like a dog
This simply isn't true!!! My daughter cheers for cats and is on James' team. She could barely do a cartwheel when she started and now is throwing a full!!! All thanks to James. Yes he is hard but that's why we pay him. We all want our kids to be good and he's the guy who can do it. Cats cheer program has came leaps and bounds since he's been there. I wouldn't go anywhere else. Myself and the senior team parents are very satisfied :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grayson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
drug smuggling 1 hr Walaette 34
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr CriminalForever 158,184
Tommy boggs on life support 3 6 hr Hesakiller 8
Ronald sullivan AKA tanker sullivan 6 hr Anonymous 4
curious..... 6 hr Curious 1
West main street 6 hr Crimestopper 4
Dealers nam3 them before they delete this 6 hr Hohoho 1
Heroin overdose 6 hr Sybfm 14
Another overdose today? 7 hr Awe 29

Grayson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grayson Mortgages