soo many people gettting goverment assiatance!!!

Posted in the Grayson Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
distress

Ashland, KY

#1 Aug 29, 2012
Have you ever noticed when ever you go to the grocery store, very few people actually pay with cash or debit card.. Soo many people have EBT cards..Im tired of working hard for my money, being away from my kids working, then everyone else doesnt have to work, and get their food for free. These people get ribeyes and tons of soda, when the rest of us having to count every penny
a load of bs

Ashland, KY

#2 Aug 29, 2012
these people wait 30 days to get a few different things for there families to eat.because they get food stamps once a month you work then u get money every week i use to feel the same way that you do until my daughter got them and it is very hard you know these kids that there parents get food stamps like to eat good food just like anybody elses if u are gonna complain stop working and draw them and see how hard it is honey come to the real world.and if that dont help u find u a pill whore that sells there food stamps and buy you some.
distress

Ashland, KY

#3 Aug 29, 2012
why u getting deffensive
old and wise

Greenup, KY

#4 Aug 29, 2012
You know there are alot of people who actually get foodstamps because they need them to feed their families. It's truly a small percentage anymore but there is a need none the less. But on the other hand there's tons of pilled out druggies getting them for their kids and then selling them for drugs. That's what pisses me off. Those kids go to bed hungry and nothing is ever done about it. What kind of person does that? Look around this town because they are every where. Nasty druggies! You people who buy them do realize that even though you are getting such a fantastic deal on those food stamps that kids are going to bed hungry?? Does that make that food go down any easier? You know this community has truly hit rock bottom. And it's our own faults for turning our heads on it.
Mad Hatter

Broken Arrow, OK

#5 Aug 29, 2012
a load of bs wrote:
these people wait 30 days to get a few different things for there families to eat.because they get food stamps once a month you work then u get money every week i use to feel the same way that you do until my daughter got them and it is very hard you know these kids that there parents get food stamps like to eat good food just like anybody elses if u are gonna complain stop working and draw them and see how hard it is honey come to the real world.and if that dont help u find u a pill whore that sells there food stamps and buy you some.
How hard people on government assistance have it? Do they have to drive to work on slick roads come winter? Do they have to work out in the blazing heat? Do they have take a hit on their points/hours at work just to go to a doctor? Do they have to worry about hours getting cut? Do they have to have a babysitter get their kids on the bus while they work? Do they miss their kids school activities because of work? Yeah they have it so damn hard, don't they? If they don't have enough sense to manage their foodstamps for a month, then whose fault is that? I THINK YOU NEED TO COME TO THE REAL WORLD AND QUIT LIVING IN YOUR FANTASY LAND ALICE!
Freddie

Broken Arrow, OK

#6 Aug 29, 2012
distress wrote:
why u getting deffensive
People like "load of bs" should have to grow a damn garden for what they eat, then they could talk about having it rough then.
ooo

Ashland, KY

#8 Aug 29, 2012
EBT cards and I PHONE Get a JOB
fyi

Grayson, KY

#9 Aug 29, 2012
For your info, not everyone that gets foodstamps just sits at home on their butts. They work sometimes two jobs but still can't make it. Its hard time for EVERYBODY right now!!! Then some people that get them have know choice but not to work. Because when they finally get a job they cut any medical insurance and foodstamps so low that they are bringing in less then when they were getting them. Your damned if ya do and damned if ya don't. However I do agree with it being bull when they go sell them.
Curious

Broken Arrow, OK

#10 Aug 29, 2012
fyi wrote:
For your info, not everyone that gets foodstamps just sits at home on their butts. They work sometimes two jobs but still can't make it. Its hard time for EVERYBODY right now!!! Then some people that get them have know choice but not to work. Because when they finally get a job they cut any medical insurance and foodstamps so low that they are bringing in less then when they were getting them. Your damned if ya do and damned if ya don't. However I do agree with it being bull when they go sell them.
What if everybody said they had no choice but not to work?
wat

Grayson, KY

#11 Aug 29, 2012
If I was president I would make everyone that makes over a million a year take care of everyone else. The more money you make the more you give. NOBODY needs a million dollars a year to live. These athletes, actors and other celebrities making 20 million for 6 months of work is retarded. Those kind of people are way overpaid. And yet a police officer or a soldier risking his life in some other country doesn't even get 50k working full time year round. They would have to work 40 years to get the money these people make in less than a year.
Veritas

Broken Arrow, OK

#12 Aug 30, 2012
Mad Hatter wrote:
<quoted text>
How hard people on government assistance have it? Do they have to drive to work on slick roads come winter? Do they have to work out in the blazing heat? Do they have take a hit on their points/hours at work just to go to a doctor? Do they have to worry about hours getting cut? Do they have to have a babysitter get their kids on the bus while they work? Do they miss their kids school activities because of work? Yeah they have it so damn hard, don't they? If they don't have enough sense to manage their foodstamps for a month, then whose fault is that? I THINK YOU NEED TO COME TO THE REAL WORLD AND QUIT LIVING IN YOUR FANTASY LAND ALICE!
Man I'm do glad I'm not the only one that thinks this way. What makes me sick are the ones that have 2 kids by 2 different men and lies about how much they make so they can draw. Drives around in brand new SUVs and sports cars. Lives in a big house that's gov funded, and the house belongs to her family can anyone say FREE money!!! Biggest cheat of gov system I've seen!
whatever

Grayson, KY

#13 Aug 30, 2012
fyi wrote:
For your info, not everyone that gets foodstamps just sits at home on their butts. They work sometimes two jobs but still can't make it. Its hard time for EVERYBODY right now!!! Then some people that get them have know choice but not to work. Because when they finally get a job they cut any medical insurance and foodstamps so low that they are bringing in less then when they were getting them. Your damned if ya do and damned if ya don't. However I do agree with it being bull when they go sell them.
I do agree that if someone is working and trying to make ends meet those are the people that should get help but as far as having no choice but not to work that's bs and I'm a female that works 2 jobs , pays out 500 dollars a month in health insurance and a house payment car payment and insurance on those as well and my utility bills and buys groceries and I don't get any kind of assistance and because of the fact that times are hard I work around 70 hours a week hell I would love to work a 40 hour week but I know I can't afford to do that , I would never consider sitting at home or quitting my job so someone else could pay my way , so if they loose there medical card and have to pay for insurance then so be it that's life instead of quitting a job they should look for a second one , it's like that old saying ( give a man a fish he eats for a day teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime ) these people that sit at home and expect everything handed to them are the very reason that people like me have to work the way we do and were all getting sick of it !!!!
distress

Ashland, KY

#14 Aug 30, 2012
People can get a cell phone, medical care, free food, housing assistance, heating assistance, free legal counsel... The children who receive the assiatance can't help the parents.. People always have excuse hard times and economy is bad.. I'm sorry, we are all grown adults and should take care of our selfs. Now for someone who is trying to better their self, like going to school. then yes they should get help.. But, as for the second and third generation of people who get assistance then something needs to give..dont even get started on unemloyemt, people on it for a year or longer. seriously, it does not take that long..
Cathy

Mount Sterling, KY

#15 Aug 30, 2012
I understand how you feel but not everyone that gets assistance are deadbeats. I work and go to school my children get a medical card and once in awhile they give me a few foodstamps. The foodstamp office gets a copy of my paystubs and its legit. If you know people that are scamming to get a free handout and they're everywhere, turn them in.That would provide more funds for the elderly and the poor.

Since: Jun 10

Ashland, KY

#16 Aug 30, 2012
wat wrote:
If I was president I would make everyone that makes over a million a year take care of everyone else. The more money you make the more you give. NOBODY needs a million dollars a year to live. These athletes, actors and other celebrities making 20 million for 6 months of work is retarded. Those kind of people are way overpaid. And yet a police officer or a soldier risking his life in some other country doesn't even get 50k working full time year round. They would have to work 40 years to get the money these people make in less than a year.
okay so if you say they are overpaid which I definitely agree with you, then what steps are you taking to correct it ? Stop buying sports memorabilia, watching sports events, turn off the tv, don't go to the movies or watch movies and other movie memorabilia, all of these are some ways you are paying into their salaries. Also stop buying companies that support these people and stop buying things that are "popular" because this is all a way you are supporting millionaires, actors/actresses, celebrities and start buying non-name brand products.
Josh King Azzhole

East Springfield, OH

#17 Aug 30, 2012
countrychic76 wrote:
<quoted text>
okay so if you say they are overpaid which I definitely agree with you, then what steps are you taking to correct it ? Stop buying sports memorabilia, watching sports events, turn off the tv, don't go to the movies or watch movies and other movie memorabilia, all of these are some ways you are paying into their salaries. Also stop buying companies that support these people and stop buying things that are "popular" because this is all a way you are supporting millionaires, actors/actresses, celebrities and start buying non-name brand products.
All these industries, support working people behind the scenes. So you want to put these hard workers out of a job to get a over paid fat cat actor or athlete. Note to self, make plans to relocate to Indonesia and run a internet business.
Class Warfare

Ashland, KY

#18 Aug 31, 2012
wat wrote:
If I was president I would make everyone that makes over a million a year take care of everyone else. The more money you make the more you give. NOBODY needs a million dollars a year to live. These athletes, actors and other celebrities making 20 million for 6 months of work is retarded. Those kind of people are way overpaid. And yet a police officer or a soldier risking his life in some other country doesn't even get 50k working full time year round. They would have to work 40 years to get the money these people make in less than a year.
This is the prime example of what is wrong with this country! Everyone feels entitled to having everything in life and blames the rich individuals in this world for their problems.

Give me a break, it isn't the successful individuals fault that your not making as much money as him/her. The only thing different that "millionaires" and "billionaires" have is the will to do something with their life.

So get off the class warfare and realize that it's your own problem that your not successful.
Curious

Ashland, KY

#19 Aug 31, 2012
Class Warfare wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the prime example of what is wrong with this country! Everyone feels entitled to having everything in life and blames the rich individuals in this world for their problems.
Give me a break, it isn't the successful individuals fault that your not making as much money as him/her. The only thing different that "millionaires" and "billionaires" have is the will to do something with their life.
So get off the class warfare and realize that it's your own problem that your not successful.
Are you saying a soldier, cop, firefighter, or nurse has less will to do something with their life than a millionaire athlete?
Class Warfare

Ashland, KY

#20 Aug 31, 2012
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying a soldier, cop, firefighter, or nurse has less will to do something with their life than a millionaire athlete?
This is prime example of how people feel they or others should be entitled to something. The last time I checked, they signed a contract before being hired at a yearly salary or hourly wage. How is that a "Millionaires" or "Billionaires" fault?

But wait, I completely forgot! This is Grayson, KY that we're talking about and if a million dollars fell from the sky right now, people would still be complaining about something.
Curious

Ashland, KY

#21 Aug 31, 2012
Class Warfare wrote:
<quoted text>
This is prime example of how people feel they or others should be entitled to something. The last time I checked, they signed a contract before being hired at a yearly salary or hourly wage. How is that a "Millionaires" or "Billionaires" fault?
But wait, I completely forgot! This is Grayson, KY that we're talking about and if a million dollars fell from the sky right now, people would still be complaining about something.
Look I'm not saying it's their fault, but to act like people have less will to do something with their life because they make less than a ballplayer is absurd. Ask yourself, which takes more will, that of a nurse saving lives or someone who can dribble a ball? Btw, I guess you didn't have that much will to so something with your life either, since GRAYSON has no pro atheletes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grayson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bad wreck on route 1 28 min 4 Wheel Drive 14
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr ChromiuMan 136,709
hurt 4 hr Friend 23
ambulance meds theif (Nov '13) 7 hr Wow 18
McCloud Eye Care (Feb '12) 7 hr lks 18
Tommy Bogs 12 hr i spy w my little... 40
Alexandra Sheppard 12 hr notmuch 2
More from around the web

Grayson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]