105 boilermakers
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Anonymous

Broken Arrow, OK

#1 Dec 29, 2010
i just wanted to take a min. and say what i think. Im a dues paying member now for several years and i feel the local is in the best shape it has been for years, you older guys know what i mean we have make money every year, doing better now than under other admin. I think Van, and John have done us an excellent job. Everybodys been working good now for awhile, and what upsets me when work slacks off a little like it always has, people want to start blaming others like its their fault, Van stephens is running for ba again you have my vote, and im not one of your suckasses. Im just glade works been good and i can support my family. The one thing i respect van and his admin. is they have not give in to none union, i was at manchester,i worked there evry spring and fall, i suported van all the way, at least he is a man of his word and wont back down to non union and dpl, i hope sometime they will wise up and let us fix that place for them,because they have to have us sonner or later and its just costing them more money longer they wait more work for us. so his apointant give up on that one, van knows the jod doing good so why would we want a change? What to get someone young and green who lets others tell him what to say and do like a puppet, you all know how you are. you would have ran but you know you would got beat, and didnt want to get embarrased before you retire. GO VAN BA 11
haha

Broken Arrow, OK

#2 Dec 29, 2010
Sounds like you have been drinking boilermakers. Sober up and quit talkin out your azz. Van has been a good ba but I guarantee one thing Opp aint anybodys puppet.
haha

Broken Arrow, OK

#3 Dec 29, 2010
Besides this is no place to discuss our union business.
the rev

Ashland, KY

#4 Dec 29, 2010
Yeah, why would you bring a relevant topic to this site? You didn't even accuse anyone of eating pills or sleeping around. Take that nonsense elsewhere.
soberinky

Richmond, KY

#5 Dec 29, 2010
105 boilermaker wrote:
i just wanted to take a min. and say what i think. Im a dues paying member now for several years and i feel the local is in the best shape it has been for years, you older guys know what i mean we have make money every year, doing better now than under other admin. I think Van, and John have done us an excellent job. Everybodys been working good now for awhile, and what upsets me when work slacks off a little like it always has, people want to start blaming others like its their fault, Van stephens is running for ba again you have my vote, and im not one of your suckasses. Im just glade works been good and i can support my family. The one thing i respect van and his admin. is they have not give in to none union, i was at manchester,i worked there evry spring and fall, i suported van all the way, at least he is a man of his word and wont back down to non union and dpl, i hope sometime they will wise up and let us fix that place for them,because they have to have us sonner or later and its just costing them more money longer they wait more work for us. so his apointant give up on that one, van knows the jod doing good so why would we want a change? What to get someone young and green who lets others tell him what to say and do like a puppet, you all know how you are. you would have ran but you know you would got beat, and didnt want to get embarrased before you retire. GO VAN BA 11
Don't know if this has anything to do with boilermakers, but just read in the Middletown Journal, that AK Steel is shutting down the Ashland plant....
RodBurner

Dahlonega, GA

#6 Dec 30, 2010
haha wrote:
Sounds like you have been drinking boilermakers. Sober up and quit talkin out your azz. Van has been a good ba but I guarantee one thing Opp aint anybodys puppet.
Mike Oppenheimer is a good man. Hard working, good provider for his family. He is young and smart too so he would make an excellent BA. GO OPP BA 11.
the truth

Hodgenville, KY

#7 Dec 30, 2010
You must come off the V list then. Because the only work that most of us 105 members have had in the last 5 years has been out of 667 or 40!!!!!
the truth

Hodgenville, KY

#8 Dec 30, 2010
That was a reply for 105 boilermaker.
Lee Just In Time

Grayson, KY

#9 Dec 30, 2010
RodBurner wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike Oppenheimer is a good man. Hard working, good provider for his family. He is young and smart too so he would make an excellent BA. GO OPP BA 11.
Dumb as a box of rocks.
Lee Just In Time

Grayson, KY

#10 Dec 30, 2010
the truth wrote:
You must come off the V list then. Because the only work that most of us 105 members have had in the last 5 years has been out of 667 or 40!!!!!
I could see where 105 would not work you truth,they want people that will work.I would say that you are great at sitting on a bucket or hole watching like the others that 105 don't want.You need to transfer to 40 where ya could be a great worker in your own mind,DUMA$$.
Lee Just In Time

Grayson, KY

#11 Dec 30, 2010
the truth wrote:
That was a reply for 105 boilermaker.
?
Carter County

Broken Arrow, OK

#12 Dec 30, 2010
RodBurner wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike Oppenheimer of Lawton a boilermaker? How many kids had he got with so many different women.
lees not in time

Ashland, KY

#13 Dec 31, 2010
who are you to make such a comment how many members do you think we have in 105?I am also a dues paying member have been since before van took office.how much work can you honestly say we have had the last few years in are jurisdiction.I must be lazy also and my local doesn't need me either for making these comments but here we go.first i do believe we did the right thing walking out on dpl but since that in 2007 duke energy had a slope replaced we took what little work they offered on the expansion joints and a tank repair then from 2007 to 2009 we took care of the emergency work they had repairing the welds nonunion had made.we also had an outage at new richmond in jan.09 and used the same gate as nonunion.not to say all that has took place at miamifort.before van took office i cant think of a jobsite we had nonunion doing are work please inform me if there was.i have worked all over in many locals and have not seen the craftsman like we have in are local.they say nonunion has invaded the ohio valley but i have not seen it in 374 i also have not seen it in 667 and furthermore i have not seen it in 154 so what they should say is they have invaded 105.so in a closing statement i do not believe the membership is at fault i believe its the leadership.
geez

Ashland, KY

#14 Dec 31, 2010
105 boilermaker wrote:
Is there really so much panic and desperation concerning this election that you have to bring the campaign to topix?...if you were a true supporter...you would raise the bar and take this discussion to a more respectable venue.
TRUEUNIONBM

Ashland, KY

#15 Dec 31, 2010
You should ALL take ALL OF THIS STUFF and discuss it at your LOCAL UNION MEETINGS, NOT ON TOPIX!!! This should be no ones business other than UNION BOILERMAKERS!!! By posting this stuff on here, it makes us look foolish to the general public and other UNION BOILERMAKERS!!! I am not a member of local 105 but I am a member of a close by UNION BM hall and I am embarrassed and ashamed of this topic!!! We as a union need to keep our opinions and/or facts of fellow union BMs, contractors and all business discussions amongst ourselves. We need to uphold a respectable and professional appearance and reputation. This type of negative stuff can itself effect our work and we should refrain from doing it. The internet is a VERY powerful tool and can harm or hurt us substantially. These topix can be viewed by ANYONE! You should think of who may be viewing your comments before posting them! Anyone from our fellow members family to presidents or other important position holders of the very companies that supply us with work. PLEASE do not post this type of stuff on any public websites or other forms of media. Lets keep it amongst ourselves. Lets keep it within our closed doors or at least private websites where we can express our opinions and state our facts freely. The entire public (unless in an ORGANIZED informational picket or type of media) should not know of our business or opinions.
Lee Just In Time

Grayson, KY

#16 Dec 31, 2010
TRUEUNIONBM wrote:
You should ALL take ALL OF THIS STUFF and discuss it at your LOCAL UNION MEETINGS, NOT ON TOPIX!!! This should be no ones business other than UNION BOILERMAKERS!!! By posting this stuff on here, it makes us look foolish to the general public and other UNION BOILERMAKERS!!! I am not a member of local 105 but I am a member of a close by UNION BM hall and I am embarrassed and ashamed of this topic!!! We as a union need to keep our opinions and/or facts of fellow union BMs, contractors and all business discussions amongst ourselves. We need to uphold a respectable and professional appearance and reputation. This type of negative stuff can itself effect our work and we should refrain from doing it. The internet is a VERY powerful tool and can harm or hurt us substantially. These topix can be viewed by ANYONE! You should think of who may be viewing your comments before posting them! Anyone from our fellow members family to presidents or other important position holders of the very companies that supply us with work. PLEASE do not post this type of stuff on any public websites or other forms of media. Lets keep it amongst ourselves. Lets keep it within our closed doors or at least private websites where we can express our opinions and state our facts freely. The entire public (unless in an ORGANIZED informational picket or type of media) should not know of our business or opinions.
I agree with you 100%,but I could not set back and let them talk bad about Van and John.I have family and friends that are 105 members, and have not heard them say anything bad about the way 105 has been run.Plus they seem to have no problem in finding work and do quite well for them-self's.
Embarrassed by you idiots

Columbia, MO

#17 Feb 10, 2012
You people are some real idiots. The ones posting are usually the no good, lazy, unskilled people in the trade that create more problems on a job than they are worth. And these are the same idiots that have "union Pride" bumper stickers. Amateurs!!!!
jon

Broken Arrow, OK

#18 Feb 10, 2012
Not gonna be long till the government allows all these jobs to go to "Right to work". Make your money while you can boys, cause if the republicans and the democrats get their way they will eliminate unions. Our way of life is going to change greatly in the next few years.
105 member

Orlando, FL

#19 Feb 11, 2012
The ones on here that won't say anything about John or van must be on the "V" list... If ur in 105 u no what Im talkin about.....I totally disagree about 95% of the way things are done in our local.... It's always the same people as stewards foremans an general foremans evr job u go on.... I wonder if their on the V list.... I'll give u a perfect example.... Greg Taylor was workin at Amos plant, dragged up didn't sit his 21 days on the bench then jumped hundreds of people on the out of work list to go to Kyger Creek as steward.....I didn't no they could request stewards!!!!!..... He knew he was going up there before he drug at Amos.....it was already set up an I no there were numerous people capable of being steward on that job that he knocked out of a job.....I wonder who set that bullshit up.... Can u say local 105 BA van Stephens....... FK the V list an everyone on that damn thing.... It's time for a change I think an alot of others feel the same way but it's hard to win a rigged election!!!!
105 member too

Russell, KY

#20 Feb 12, 2012
105 member wrote:
The ones on here that won't say anything about John or van must be on the "V" list... If ur in 105 u no what Im talkin about.....I totally disagree about 95% of the way things are done in our local.... It's always the same people as stewards foremans an general foremans evr job u go on.... I wonder if their on the V list.... I'll give u a perfect example.... Greg Taylor was workin at Amos plant, dragged up didn't sit his 21 days on the bench then jumped hundreds of people on the out of work list to go to Kyger Creek as steward.....I didn't no they could request stewards!!!!!..... He knew he was going up there before he drug at Amos.....it was already set up an I no there were numerous people capable of being steward on that job that he knocked out of a job.....I wonder who set that bullshit up.... Can u say local 105 BA van Stephens....... FK the V list an everyone on that damn thing.... It's time for a change I think an alot of others feel the same way but it's hard to win a rigged election!!!!
Favoritism and rigged elections in this area, you must be kidding?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grayson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hillard sisters any info 18 min hmmm 4
what do u parents think about spanking your chi... (Mar '10) 43 min Bill 178
sexiest girl in town 3 hr nooooooo 33
Tennasee Vols. M.Kevin Bailey???....... 4 hr MKB 1
Kenny Allen Bailey 4 hr MKB 1
Need old furniture hauled off 5 hr hate me 2
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 hr Gaybriel 142,406
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grayson Mortgages