Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 148982 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Creation

United States

#87771 Sep 28, 2012
Actually if you read the post closely, you will see that it states the more you flip the coin, greater are the odds of it coming up heads "every time." Now read and comprehend. Lol.
Curious

Martinsville, OH

#87772 Sep 28, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like religion, corrupt goverment will always be around. No matter the system power changes people, religion, goverment, management in companies, etc, it will never change.
But someday it will change. And we are closer to the rapture than ever. I am so ready to get out of here. I miss my parents and the things I loved. Life was better and more honest in the old days.
Creation

United States

#87773 Sep 29, 2012
Creation wrote:
Actually if you read the post closely, you will see that it states the more you flip the coin, greater are the odds of it coming up heads "every time." Now read and comprehend. Lol.
Greater are the odds against it coming up heads everytime.

Typo corrected.
anon

Ransom, KY

#87774 Sep 29, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Great post!
They just don't want to get it!
Oh its not that, its just the way you act you remind us Al Qaeda, wont be long before you guys start killing people who dont believe the same way you do. And with the way you guys act your just waiting for an opening
Creationw

Winchester, KY

#87776 Sep 29, 2012
anon wrote:
<quoted text>Oh its not that, its just the way you act you remind us Al Qaeda, wont be long before you guys start killing people who dont believe the same way you do. And with the way you guys act your just waiting for an opening
Yes, and you believe this based on what? It is your choice if you want to believe or not. It is my decision however to counter atheistic claims with what I believe to be the more plausible explanation of the origin of life.
Creation

Winchester, KY

#87777 Sep 29, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
That Absolutely Wrong.... If you flip a penny 10 Billion times the odds of it being heads on the next flip is 50/50... Where every you came up with the idea that the more you flip it the less the odds of it landing Heads is blatantly ridiculous and is Not how Probability works... A better explanation using your Penny is throw Enough of them up in the air... Probability is that one of them will land on it's edge...
But in the formation of Life theres even a Kicker in the mix and that is Self Assembly of ever more complex grouping of particles... And the Unknown aspect of what constitutes Life in the first place...
Harold Morowitz is a Creationist that Never even stated what you said... His construct was based on taking a living organism and disassembling it then attempting to calculate the probability of it self assembling into it's original form .. An Idiotic Endeavor...
As for Life to form first Scientifically define Life... Good Luck with that one because so far it has yet to be done... There have been a few Creationist folks that have set out what they think constitutes life but their overviews fail.. You see we are Life as we know it, A virus is Life as we know it, a bacterium living in the radioactive coolant at a nuke power plant is life as we know it, But We only know whats Here that we have Chosen to call Life... We have No Idea what could be called Alive out in the Universe... We can't even be sure if we came face to face with Life out in the Universe we would even be able to recognize it... Much like a Mite would never consider US alive...
Actually this what is extra interesting. Dr. Harold Morowitz is not a creationist. He even once testified in a documented court hearing in Arkansas that Creationism should not be taught as science in the school system. However even he has recognized the improbablity of evolution.

"At one time living cells were considered no more than empty table tennis balls. As biochemists have learned more about the complexity of life, it has become increasingly apparent that thousands of specific and complex chemicals are required for any form of life to survive. Evolutionist Harold Morowitz estimated the probability for chance formation of even the simplest form of living organism at 1/10340,000,000. By contrast, only 10²º grains of sand could fit within a cubic mile, and 10 billion times more (10³º) would fit inside the entire earth. So the probability of forming a simple cell by chance processes in infinitely less likely than having a blind person select one specifically marked grain of sand out of an entire earth filled with sand.

There is nowhere near enough time nor matter in the entire universe for even the simplest cell to have formed by chance combinations. Even if all the correct chemicals somehow came together in the correct place, you still wouldn’t have life. This is exactly the situation every time a living organism dies. Immediately after death, all the right chemicals exist, in the right proportions, and in the right place – yet the creature is still dead!

Five billion years is nowhere near long enough for evolution to have taken place. In reality, all of eternity would not provide enough time for random processes to form the enormous complexity of life."

This document was taken from Energy Flow in Biology,
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#87778 Sep 29, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I mean really... Flip a coin and the more you flip it the odds change... Really... That's Imbecilic on it's face.... or Heads ...
Have you ever heard of the "Monty Hall" Parodox?
I know it's application is thin in the hypothosis, but picture
128^10 AGAINST (Scientifically Impossible) the massive amount of information in your DNA from coming together by CHANCE... ie the Coin toss!
And the Fact that I, and many, many others Knowing God is real...
any data you think you provide for the non-existance of the Creator is in your words 'Imbecilic'!
Toss the coin all you want, but the two choices you, and I
have... since we come into this world, as we leave, with nothing in our pockets, and no pockets at all...
Knowing what I know now, I wouldn't leave it up to a coin toss!
Blessings to you, and yours!
:-)
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#87779 Sep 29, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I mean really... Flip a coin and the more you flip it the odds change... Really... That's Imbecilic on it's face.... or Heads ...
BTW...
These lil guys LOVE the sugar water!
Got one that actually perches on the edge, n drinks, and fights over it...
Can't wait til next year... LOL
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#87780 Sep 29, 2012
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
But someday it will change. And we are closer to the rapture than ever. I am so ready to get out of here. I miss my parents and the things I loved. Life was better and more honest in the old days.
I can't hold with the rapture thing, as it clearly states that we'll be delivered up to the wicked...
I do hope those that couldn't handle it don't go through much tribulation!
God Bless you, n yours!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#87781 Sep 29, 2012
Creation wrote:
<quoted text>
Well by all means, educate me on the causation of the Big Bang. And while you are at it explain how life on earth so improbable actually came about. I took the liberty of doing some of the research for you.
"What about life itself? How did life come about? Could there be life elsewhere? NASA conducted an interesting study. They needed to know the possibility of life elsewhere in the universe. Earth could not afford the danger if one of our space vehicles were to bring back a deadly microbe for which man had no resistance.
NASA hired Yale University’s Harold Morowitz, a theoretics expert. Dr. Morowitz deals with “the laws of large numbers and probabilities.”
Here is how the probabilities theory works: you take a set of circumstances, and you scientifically determine the odds of a certain outcome. For instance, if you flip a coin, you have “even odds” of heads or tails. The more you flip it, the greater the odds are against it coming up “heads”
every time. Once you get to 1/1015, the probability of an event ever happening is negligible. If you get to 1/1050, the event could not have happened even once in 15 billion-years. After studying the complexity of a protein molecule, Dr. Morowitz concluded that the probability of life occurring by chance is 1/10236. 1/10236 takes into account all the atoms in the universe, and the chance that the right ones came together just once to form a protein molecule.
He said “The universe would have to be trillions of years older, and trillions of times larger, for a protein molecule to have occurred by random chance.”
It’s a bit like throwing 4 billion pennies into the air and having them all land heads-up. Evolutionists tell us that given enough time, this could happen. But as we just learned, there wasn’t enough time and there weren’t enough pennies."
Good luck Atheist..
RESEARCH? ROFL! Jack Wellman (Sunday school teacher and author of "Do Babies Go to Heaven?) cites Dr. Harold Morowitz? He calls him a "theoretics expert" but in fact, he is a biophysicist. Pretty sad when you can't even figure out what field of science you're talking about! LOL!
1/10236 odds are astronomical? Not unless Wellman wrote them incorrectly. Even allowing for that, Dr. Morowitz is a proponent of emergence, and when you apply those principles you cannot put odds on an end result of complexity without consideration of the building blocks that came before it.
To show some perspective on his/your claim, beginning in 2012 the odds of winning the multi-state PowerBall lottery became 1:175,223,510 for a jackpot and 1:5,153,632.65 for second place. In one August drawing there was 1 jackpot winner and 8 second place winners. In total, 86 people have won the PowerBall jackpot since 2003.
The Earth contains 9.0 x 10^49 atoms. An amino acid can contain as few as 9 atoms and the 4 elements that compose it (hydrogen, oxygen, carbon and nitrogen) are among the most common in the solar system. Couple that with estimates that simple life might have begun a billion years after the formation of the Earth and the time scale further decreases the odds against natural formation of proteins.

http://www.antievolution.org/cs/mclean_morowi...
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#87782 Sep 29, 2012
anon wrote:
<quoted text>Oh its not that, its just the way you act you remind us Al Qaeda, wont be long before you guys start killing people who dont believe the same way you do. And with the way you guys act your just waiting for an opening
No!
The ONLY things I will do to/for you is...
(1) Pray for you, and
(2) Call you a 'Tard' for that stupid comment!
But...
I am not surprised at yer comments, as Truth telling is NOT
yer strong suit!
Go figure!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#87783 Sep 29, 2012
You all have a Great day...:-)

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#87784 Sep 29, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
You all have a Great day...:-)
I see that your location and the fat girl trolls location are the same. I thought it was you trolling using other names. Pretty sad that a meth head has such a need for attention, or is that why you use drugs?
Do the world a favor and stop using meth get your head right seak professional help

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“See how you are?”

Earth

#87785 Sep 29, 2012
Creation wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually this what is extra interesting. Dr. Harold Morowitz is not a creationist. He even once testified in a documented court hearing in Arkansas that Creationism should not be taught as science in the school system. However even he has recognized the improbablity of evolution.
"At one time living cells were considered no more than empty table tennis balls. As biochemists have learned more about the complexity of life, it has become increasingly apparent that thousands of specific and complex chemicals are required for any form of life to survive. Evolutionist Harold Morowitz estimated the probability for chance formation of even the simplest form of living organism at 1/10340,000,000. By contrast, only 10²º grains of sand could fit within a cubic mile, and 10 billion times more (10³º) would fit inside the entire earth. So the probability of forming a simple cell by chance processes in infinitely less likely than having a blind person select one specifically marked grain of sand out of an entire earth filled with sand.
There is nowhere near enough time nor matter in the entire universe for even the simplest cell to have formed by chance combinations. Even if all the correct chemicals somehow came together in the correct place, you still wouldn’t have life. This is exactly the situation every time a living organism dies. Immediately after death, all the right chemicals exist, in the right proportions, and in the right place – yet the creature is still dead!
Five billion years is nowhere near long enough for evolution to have taken place. In reality, all of eternity would not provide enough time for random processes to form the enormous complexity of life."
This document was taken from Energy Flow in Biology,
Energy Flow in Biology? No, it came from "A Closer Look at the Evidence" by Richard and Tina Kleiss. I've read excerpts from the book, and found the "closer look" unworthy of a second glance.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“See how you are?”

Earth

#87786 Sep 29, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>No!
The ONLY things I will do to/for you is...
(1) Pray for you, and
(2) Call you a 'Tard' for that stupid comment!
But...
I am not surprised at yer comments, as Truth telling is NOT
yer strong suit!
Go figure!
I agree wholeheartedly - Christians are peaceful! You don't see any of Romney's kids in Afghanistan or Iraq!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Satanic Priest

Lebanon, KY

#87787 Sep 29, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I see that your location and the fat girl trolls location are the same. I thought it was you trolling using other names. Pretty sad that a meth head has such a need for attention, or is that why you use drugs?
Do the world a favor and stop using meth get your head right seak professional help
satanists are also not very smart. Topix ISP locations change randomly on their own and anybody can use proxy software to alter it.
I thought you called me Richmond, KY, Horndog?
"Fat girl" is way more intimidating and bad ass, I guess. You big monster, you!
Lol

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Quantummist

Lebanon, KY

#87788 Sep 29, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize his post was idiotic right?
Well lookie lookie who crawled back in with his tail betwixt his bow legs.

I notice you avoided this place like a hillbilly avoids school when the Bowling Green guy called you out and humiliated you, and all you could do was respond with your plagiarized, "I can't make ya understand it" quote which you falsely attribute to yourself, by the way.

He waited on you to "explain" and you high tailed it out of Dodge faster than Festus.
I laughed at you almost as much then as when you and Buck dedicated YouTube songs to each other and you "shivered."

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#87789 Sep 29, 2012
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhh, the rapture, the day when all TrueBelievers†, GenuineChristians and assorted lower class religies, ascend into heaven to spend eternity with thier creator. Yep, soooooo ready for all of them to get out of here.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“There is no god.”

USA

#87790 Sep 29, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize his post was idiotic right?
Lmao, now that was funny.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“There is no god.”

USA

#87791 Sep 29, 2012
Creation wrote:
*sigh*

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grayson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Franci 11 min Kimbo 22
Grassy area across I-64 from the fairgrounds. 55 min Sarcasm 18
Grayson lake cliff jumping 59 min wellman 6
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 1 hr WasteWater 13,143
Plate 836 TFM 1 hr Lmfao 9
shania suttles (Jan '11) 4 hr ohwow 4
Crooks running the jail 10 hr canusaywhitetrash 5

Grayson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grayson Mortgages