Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 165662 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#78979 May 20, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Pluto is not a planet anymore...
I think you meant "Sounds like this God of yours need some more training...maybe on another planet like UrAnus ...:)
Now THAT is funny!!!

I was trying to make the point that the Christian God seems to me to be as infantile/immature as some of the Christians who follow him.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.pixoto.com/quantumm

#78980 May 20, 2012
But on another thing altogether (maybe not all that far off the general comments in the thread)

I have a lot of respect for several on this thread that Rationally and Logically consider a concept and then pose possible explanations.. Even those I might have disagreement with on specific subjects that rationally make their argument, I respect.. With that..

I really wish to know what is thought of Crop Circles... I have been studying them for several years and I can find no Rational Explanation for the phenomenon as such explanation would require explaining there appearance for over 100 years...(and possibly over 1000's of years) Not to mention those that are created in one night that are so large and complicated as to defy recreation by anyone...

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#78981 May 20, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text> crossexamined.org
wretched.tv
Bart Erman did an interview...
As a Historian, he says that it foolish to even think Jesus did not exist, and... and all these stories of the Christian faith being leached off of other civilizations... is false!
:-)
BTW... he's not a Christian... Loony, but not a Christian!
How funny, you hold up someone you think as loony to show you are correct?
Clearly you just point to anything that is what you believe.

“What happened to self reliance”

Since: Jul 11

Los Altos Hills, CA

#78982 May 20, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>How funny, you hold up someone you think as loony to show you are correct?
Clearly you just point to anything that is what you believe.
Not to mention the loony is a pastor, not a historian. Masters of Divinity degree = priesthood.

“What happened to self reliance”

Since: Jul 11

Los Altos Hills, CA

#78983 May 20, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
But on another thing altogether (maybe not all that far off the general comments in the thread)
I have a lot of respect for several on this thread that Rationally and Logically consider a concept and then pose possible explanations.. Even those I might have disagreement with on specific subjects that rationally make their argument, I respect.. With that..
I really wish to know what is thought of Crop Circles... I have been studying them for several years and I can find no Rational Explanation for the phenomenon as such explanation would require explaining there appearance for over 100 years...(and possibly over 1000's of years) Not to mention those that are created in one night that are so large and complicated as to defy recreation by anyone...
You know the people that think Jesus and Moses were aliens? They love crop circles.

#78984 May 20, 2012
Dr Moonshine wrote:
<quoted text>
You know the people that think Jesus and Moses were aliens? They love crop circles.
That's neither here nor there... I don't think either of those points of Jesus and Moses but have examined 100's of them in detail and can find no method for them to be reproduced even with 100's of people and equipment within the time that many have been accomplished.. I made no claim as to Who made them but the Massive amount of evidence I have studied makes it apparent that many can not possibly be made by a few guys and a step board... And they have been documented as being formed in modern times for over 100 years..

Here's a small sample of those documented since the first of this year
http://temporarytemples.co.uk/imagelibrary/

Here's a Small sample of those documented in 2011
http://temporarytemples.co.uk/imagelibrary/20...

trusted

Leitchfield, KY

#78985 May 20, 2012
juggalo wrote:
Yes and Amen | 4 hrs ago
Occams Razor wrote:
Let's just pretend for a moment that I suspend my disbelief of the Bible. The logic of Original Sin just is not sound.
According to Christians God knows everything that has happened and everything that will ever happen. So, if God knew Adam and Eve would 'fall' in the Garden, then WHY did God go through with it? Sounds sadistic to me.
Well, does God know everything or doesn't she?
He might have been surprised... Or
He could just want people that have been tried in the fire, that came out the other side, better than what they went in
Well another fine example of the reading / comprehension skills of the person who calls others "tard" ...the point he was making is an all knowing being COULDN'T be surprised ,or have the need to test anyone or anything ...unless you are saying that god ISN'T all knowing
Well lets see, have any of you ever been burned? I mean really burned by fire. I have and many times , even though it is now only a scar, it begins to burn all over again , just as it did the day it was on fire. What makes it feel like this? I dont know , but I do know the pain from that burn and if it is just a portion of what will be felt in Hell then , I chose to beleive in God and have faith, because I cant imagine burning forever. Who knows what tommorrow will bring , but something brings it ?
man

Hyden, KY

#78986 May 20, 2012
pray for me
what

Wooton, KY

#78987 May 20, 2012
man wrote:
pray for me
What's wrong?

#78988 May 20, 2012
man wrote:
pray for me
No
trusted

Leitchfield, KY

#78989 May 20, 2012
man wrote:
pray for me
if my prayers can help you in some way , then consider mine to be yours. may you come thru whatever it is.
what

Wooton, KY

#78990 May 20, 2012
trusted wrote:
<quoted text>if my prayers can help you in some way , then consider mine to be yours. may you come thru whatever it is.
That goes for me too (sh w).

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#78993 May 20, 2012
So belief in God makes Christians more moral people? Well then, how about this:

"If you agree that, in the absence of God, you would commit robbery, rape and murder, you reveal yourself as an immoral person."

-Michael Shermer

So the ONLY thing that keeps you Christians from committing all kinds of violent crime is that you believe that a big gray bearded man in the sky is watching?

Laughable, indeed!!
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#78994 May 21, 2012
trusted wrote:
I may put myself where my faith is stumbled each day, but if the road were suppose to be easy, it would have been built with gold instead of dirt and rock. For each bump makes me think of the bad that has to be overcomed. Each speck of dirt makes me realize I need to be cleaned all over again. So God I ask , lead me where I need to go , help me to overcome the bad bumps in this life and help me to clean up the dirt that has stained my soul , so that it will shine for me again , and maybe thru that glimmer someone else will learn to shine also. Dont polish me up for men to follow but so they can see that God shines in me and can in them also.
Very touching!
Very true, lest we forget where we came from!
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#78995 May 21, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
See... Here is where you miss not only the boat but the whole fleet... Where did I Ever say I believed in space aliens?
As for the Corn thingy, I understand how that works... You don't.. What you don't understand, GodDiDit... What I don't understand I study and to find out.. If I don't find out I don't think it's magic... I keep trying to find out..
Your link was about ancient astronaughts, and the corn thingy... God created a food source that that can multiply it's self, as easly as it can be ground into a taco shell!
No Magic... just God's provision for people!
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#78996 May 21, 2012
JustSaying28 wrote:
A non-believer will never be abel to convince a believer that there is no God. We know he is there! God is like the wind.. U can't see him but you can most definitely feel him. We can feel him in our hearts and in our lives with everything that we do. When we pray we are not just sitting around talking to our selfs, we know he is listening. People have actually been healed by prayer. We know God is there!
Amen!
If you don't WANT to find Him... you never will....
well... until Judgment day!
trusted

Leitchfield, KY

#78997 May 21, 2012
man wrote:
pray for me
Heres hoping today is better for you than yesterday, snd each day brings you peace.
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#78999 May 21, 2012
laugh at you all wrote:
this is a stupid religious debate in which neither side will be proved right or wrong.
Do you think it's ok to Kill Babies in the Womb?
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#79000 May 21, 2012
JustSaying28 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree you non- believers are completely irrational. God bless you and have a good day!
Amen!
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#79001 May 21, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no idea how that was an Irrational statement do you?
Here let me help...
"I know there are flying invisible unicorns that poop glitter... Prove me wrong... "
I understand that is a statement you will not understand. But it's the same Irrational statement as "We know there is a God, Prove me Wrong"
The Real funny part is... there are more people that believe in God, And... More evidence of God than a "flying invisible unicorns that poop glitter"....
I'd say probably at least a 1,000,000 to 1!
Hahahaha!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grayson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BBQ restaurant 2 hr Just me 19
Virgel mccdavid 2 hr Drugs kill 1
Arnett Out as Coach at KCC 6 hr BBaller 3
Melissa Fite 8 hr Loser 40
Steak and Shake 8 hr Lmao 20
How did Tony Lucas get realeased from jail 11 hr Jeff 2
Shannon mcglone (Feb '15) 14 hr beware 9

Grayson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance